• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the coaching staff is to blame for this

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is where i disagree seriously. When you hand a guy the job, and offer no possible way that he can lose it, what motivates him to actually raise his game?? Trading Cousins to placate Griffin sends the wrong message to the player and the team. I thought we were finally getting away from that. And i will be highly disappointed if we do infact trade Cousins at this point.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you. But this is dan Snyder. This will be standard operating procedure for him.

Having said this, if we can get a 1st for Cousins, I'd trade him in a heart beat.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you. But this is dan Snyder. This will be standard operating procedure for him.

Having said this, if we can get a 1st for Cousins, I'd trade him in a heart beat.

If we get a first for him, sure you do it. But it sets a very bad tone if he is traded to keep Griffin from having to worry about his starting position. And in lite of that, I wouldnt trade him for the first either. If he is worth a first, you keep him and may the best player start.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get a first for him, sure you do it. But it sets a very bad tone if he is traded to keep Griffin from having to worry about his starting position. And in lite of that, I wouldnt trade him for the first either. If he is worth a first, you keep him and may the best player start.

So this is where we differ also. We have way too many holes to afford the luxury of 2 starting QBs. A 1st round pick should be an immediate starter and an eventual pro bowler. IMO, you have to make that trade.

In the event I'm wrong and somehow shanahan remains the head coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded RG3. But I see no way that both shanahan and rg3 both remain. There is no trust between them and that just is a recipe for disaster.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everything a conspiracy? This is what upsets me about these bloggers. They hear a rumor, usually from each other, and run with it. Then we read it and assume its that latest "leak". Shanahan called a different game for Cousins because Cousins is a different QB. I don't understand what's so difficult about that concept that have people pulling their hair out with conspiracy talk. Cousins does better in some things and RG3 is better at others. So you develop a game plan that has a focus on putting each player in their best position to succeed.

At this point KC may have a better pocket presence. That's where the comparison stops for me. Nothing KC did yesterday is anything Griffin can't do. But I can honestly say there are many things from an athletic standpoint KC cannot do that Griffin can. Griffin is the franchise QB and we will move forward next season with him as our QB. Cousins will be traded and I wish him well. And no, Shanahan can no longer co-exist in DC.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is where we differ also. We have way too many holes to afford the luxury of 2 starting QBs. A 1st round pick should be an immediate starter and an eventual pro bowler. IMO, you have to make that trade.

In the event I'm wrong and somehow shanahan remains the head coach, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded RG3. But I see no way that both shanahan and rg3 both remain. There is no trust between them and that just is a recipe for disaster.

I think if we get a 1st rounder for Cousins, all it does is enable Snyder to make a bad move. Instead of trying to fix the line, I could see him taking that pick and going for the headliner WR pick. I know people will say its a conspiracy theory, but the RG3 trade and pick was totally against Shanahans character. I think it was a bit of the Owner saying make this happen, the coach saying he could work with RG3, but I also think Shanahan would have been just as fine taking Tannehill, or drafting Cousins in the 2nd round and call it a day. I dont see us trading RG3 in any case because if Shanahan wants to do that, Dan will fire him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we get a 1st rounder for Cousins, all it does is enable Snyder to make a bad move. Instead of trying to fix the line, I could see him taking that pick and going for the headliner WR pick. I know people will say its a conspiracy theory, but the RG3 trade and pick was totally against Shanahans character. I think it was a bit of the Owner saying make this happen, the coach saying he could work with RG3, but I also think Shanahan would have been just as fine taking Tannehill, or drafting Cousins in the 2nd round and call it a day. I dont see us trading RG3 in any case because if Shanahan wants to do that, Dan will fire him.

Shark, you are becoming fatalistic now. If your against trading cousins for a 1st just because you are afraid that Snyder will waste the pick, then all hope is lost.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, you are becoming fatalistic now. If your against trading cousins for a 1st just because you are afraid that Snyder will waste the pick, then all hope is lost.

Thats just one of the reasons im against trading him. The next time I see Snyder NOT fuck this up will be the first time. But I also dont think you trade him because Im not a believer in just handing RG3 the job with no realistic competition for the job. The best thing a new coach could do is from day one say, every spot on this team is open to competition INCLUDING QB, and mean it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I'm no Snyder fan. I believe he is the root of all problems this franchise has. I also get the competition thing. But I can't pass up on a first round pick in lieu of competition for RG3. Mainly because I don't think lack of competition is the issue with RG3's performance this year. I put it more at a lack of preseason and rushing back from injury (his doing). The biggest hurdle RG3 has facing him is his own making. That being does he recognize what he needs to do to get better and will he accept coaching to get over that hurdle. If he does and he will, he doesn't need competition. When he focuses on something, he goes at it 110%.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y... Do you honestly trust this team to do the right thing with a first round pick?? Thats all Im saying.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y... Do you honestly trust this team to do the right thing with a first round pick?? Thats all Im saying.

Hmmm......

It depends. On who is picking. If Snyder has anything to do with it, then no one should have confidence. But I guess I really want to believe Snyder has learned and will try and hire experts and step back again. I'll have a better feel once I see how he handles the shanahan firing. If he professionally lets him go (a mutually agreeable buy out is acceptable), then I have hope. If he gets nasty and tries for retribution, then I will know he hasn't changed and we can expect more of the same. If that happens, then it doesn't make any difference if we have a 1st or not because we will still be dysfunctional

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm......

It depends. On who is picking. If Snyder has anything to do with it, then no one should have confidence. But I guess I really want to believe Snyder has learned and will try and hire experts and step back again. I'll have a better feel once I see how he handles the shanahan firing. If he professionally lets him go (a mutually agreeable buy out is acceptable), then I have hope. If he gets nasty and tries for retribution, then I will know he hasn't changed and we can expect more of the same. If that happens, then it doesn't make any difference if we have a 1st or not because we will still be dysfunctional

Here is how I see it going. They sit down and dan tells Mike, i want you to give up player personnel, and I want Allen to have the ability to hire assistants. (thats code for I want more say publicly Mike). Shanahan says no and I have a contract that says you cant do that. Dan fires Mike, Jim, Kyle and Keith.

Morris will stay around in some capacity.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think dan entertains keeping mike. I think he's gone the next day. I think Allen gets a bump up to president. They then promote Morrocco Brown to GM. These two begin the coaching search which will conclude the week after the SB unless they hire a college coach (like Shaw from Stanford). Sometime in the weeks leading up to the draft, they trade Kirk for 2 second round picks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y... I just dont see a GM as a realistic possibility. Dan Snyder has never had one, I dont expect him to hire a Gm any more than I expect Jerry Jones to hire one.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think he does it. He's got to feel like he's tried everything else except for this. This and selling the team, which isn't going to happen.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny held the title of GM. So I just dont think Dan hires a true GM. A yes man, sure. But a real GM....

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,, we will know in 2 weeks if I'm right or not......I wouldn't bet on me:laugh3:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I respect your opinion...
IMO...it comes across that you feel like RGIII was a mistake because Cousins is just as good if not better(I believe he is good, but does not have the same ceiling as RGIII). IF that is how you feel, despite a record breaking rookie season that Robert couldn't even finish then you have to be mad at Synder, because obviously Shanahan wouldn't bet the house on a kid he didn't want. But to write off a potential Franchise QB, who won the division, took us to the playoff and sacrificed his body for Cousins who did 300+ against cleveland and a 3-10 ATL team is very very questionable...IMO

My predraft read on Griffin was he is an option QB that would need to learn to be a pro-style QB. That is not uncommon in this day and age because so many teams run an option offense in college. As far as Cousins goes I believe he is more advanced in a pro offense because of the offense he played in at MSU. The knock on him was he put the ball up for grabs too often. What I want to see is both guys here next year and may the best man win.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would probably draft safety #34587568 in an effort to replace Reed Doughty. :lol:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would probably draft safety #34587568 in an effort to replace Reed Doughty. :lol:
too logical, we actually need a safety. And that aint sexy enough. My take is if we get a 1st for Kirk, pick the WR with the most hype in the draft.... then figure out what it will cost us to trade up for him.... Thats your danny Move.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont know the team does have a couple of 1st rounders who turned out ok Rak and kerrigan seem to be good picks

williams seems to be one too