• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chiefs have $177 in cap space.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes BB is 18-19 in NE with other QB;s , hopefully he can improve on that and get NE into playoffs

18-19 is that Bledsoe, Cassel, Brisset and Jimmy G combined numbers?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18-19 is that Bledsoe, Cassel, Brisset and Jimmy G combined numbers?

Yes and Pats won the SB in 01 after going 5-13 with the no#1 pick in draft and highest played NFL player at the time.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes BB is 18-19 in NE with other QB;s , hopefully he can improve on that and get NE into playoffs
I am not buying into that.
Belichick freely admits Brady helped build the system they have.
Therefore I look at it under this system, Belichick has a winning record without Brady. I think it is an impressive percentage. (havent looked up the #'s)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not buying into that.
Belichick freely admits Brady helped build the system they have.
Therefore I look at it under this system, Belichick has a winning record without Brady. I think it is an impressive percentage. (havent looked up the #'s)

Belichick has a losing record in NE, even though its only 1 game from being .500 and 9-10 in Foxborough w/o Brady, and New England rocks at Gillete. Not even bringing up the Browns record, because it's a tough gig

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I just mentioned in this thread or another that "if" Stidhman is the starter...

I don't think he'll have difficulty beating out Hoyer though. I'm just not sure who BB may still bring in? Can't see BB going into camp with just two QBs on the roster considering they released Kessler.
It's probably the end of the line for Kessler if he's being dumped for Hoyer in April. I don't see Hoyer being a factor after July unless the patriots invest in another rookie. That said he'll be more useful to the Patriots in preseason than any other cheap disposable QB. I don't know anything about Jarrett Stidham. Maybe he's the future and maybe he's just a guy. This year might be a 'cheap' year for the Patriots where they keep their core important players and cheap promising rookies whilst jettisoning mid-range players that don't have trade value. It's a good way to create additional cap space for another multi-year run. The Raiders did a similar thing a few years back and went from being $30M over the cap to $50M under after 1 year. It's tactically sound if the Patriots don't think they can have a deep playoff run this season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and Pats won the SB in 01 after going 5-13 with the no#1 pick in draft and highest played NFL player at the time.

At face value that seems crazy.

Anyone looking at this would surely say hands down Bledsoe was the best of this group. Except numbers don't lie.

He wasn't selected by BB. BB inherited him. BB had one year to try and instill in him his scheme after Bledsoe had played for Parcells and Carroll since 1993. If Bledsoe didn't get hurt do we have any idea what success or lack there of NE may have had? Again we can speculate. Or we can just look at the actual numbers of what BB was able to do and is still doing in NE.

I hope the season doesn't get derailed too much by this COVID outbreak. Because if it does than we just have to add in those variables like a virtual draft, little to no camps or OTAs, possible abbreviated season... Just not sure that would give us a valid snapshot of what life after Brady looks like?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At face value that seems crazy.

Anyone looking at this would surely say hands down Bledsoe was the best of this group. Except numbers don't lie.

He wasn't selected by BB. BB inherited him. BB had one year to try and instill in him his scheme after Bledsoe had played for Parcells and Carroll since 1993. If Bledsoe didn't get hurt do we have any idea what success or lack there of NE may have had? Again we can speculate. Or we can just look at the actual numbers of what BB was able to do and is still doing in NE.

I hope the season doesn't get derailed too much by this COVID outbreak. Because if it does than we just have to add in those variables like a virtual draft, little to no camps or OTAs, possible abbreviated season... Just not sure that would give us a valid snapshot of what life after Brady looks like?

True and Bledsoe had some good seasons in NE with Parcells including going to the SB vs GB, I don't think either Bill or Brady would have gone to 9 SB's or won 6 w/o each other, just my opinion is that Brady has been more valueable to the organization and Kraft has been no#1 after the previous shitty owners we had. Not including Kiam, cause he was so brief

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably the end of the line for Kessler if he's being dumped for Hoyer in April. I don't see Hoyer being a factor after July unless the patriots invest in another rookie. That said he'll be more useful to the Patriots in preseason than any other cheap disposable QB. I don't know anything about Jarrett Stidham. Maybe he's the future and maybe he's just a guy. This year might be a 'cheap' year for the Patriots where they keep their core important players and cheap promising rookies whilst jettisoning mid-range players that don't have trade value. It's a good way to create additional cap space for another multi-year run. The Raiders did a similar thing a few years back and went from being $30M over the cap to $50M under after 1 year. It's tactically sound if the Patriots don't think they can have a deep playoff run this season.

Don't know if Kessler will become a camp body somewhere? Who knows it could be back in NE and BB stashes him on the PS if they don't find a 3rd QB.

Hoyer right now makes a lot of sense in NE. He knows the system. Should the camps or OTAs be shortened due to the Cornavirus it gives NE a very marginal leg up. Hoyer is a good team guy and a vet presence that could really help Stidhman?

I'm mot sure if BB is ever willing to throw the towel in so to speak? There are still a lot of decent FAs out there and NE has 12 or 13 picks coming up in the draft. The downside is they are cap strapped currently. They lost the best offensive line coach in the league due to retirement (again), lost some quality depth at the LB position and haven't addressed the TE position yet. Having said all that you could be onto something? We may know more after seeing what way BB goes in the draft? then again BB never does anything conventional so we may really not know. NE will have a lot of cap space next season. So again a semi-tank/rebuild this year isn't out of the question. Just not sure that's in BBs DNA?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick has a losing record in NE, even though its only 1 game from being .500 and 9-10 in Foxborough w/o Brady, and New England rocks at Gillete. Not even bringing up the Browns record, because it's a tough gig
Well the question that keeps coming up is. Can the patriots win under this system with another Qb that isnt Brady.
Belichick has said Brady help make this system into what it is. (not just him) So when I look at it as Belichick/Brady system. I see Belichick is 14-6 without brady starting (2-0 in relief for brady).

I am gonna say the Patriots can win games without Brady.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the question that keeps coming up is. Can the patriots win under this system with another Qb that isnt Brady.
Belichick has said Brady help make this system into what it is. (not just him) So when I look at it as Belichick/Brady system. I see Belichick is 14-6 without brady starting (2-0 in relief for brady).

I am gonna say the Patriots can win games without Brady.

You are missing the 2000-01 seasons Belichick went 5-11 and then 0-2 when Bledsoe got injured. Brady stepped in and they won the SB that year and 2 more in next 3 seasons.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the 2000-01 seasons Belichick went 5-11 and then 0-2 when Bledsoe got injured. Brady stepped in and they won the SB that year and 2 more in next 3 seasons.
I am missing it on purpose.
That wasnt the system that Bill & Brady created. This is the system in question.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am missing it on purpose.
That wasnt the system that Bill & Brady created. This is the system in question.

I have no idea about your system in question, you commented on my post where I said that Bill was below .500 in N/E when Brady isn't the QB, that was all. If you're talking about the system Brady and Bill created I guess you are correct

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea about your system in question, you commented on my post where I said that Bill was below .500 in N/E when Brady isn't the QB, that was all. If you're talking about the system Brady and Bill created I guess you are correct
actually though I think I screwed it up.
13-6 I think it is the accurate # under this system.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually though I think I screwed it up.
13-6 I think it is the accurate # under this system.

Yes because Brady started the first game in 08 , they gave him the win. Just like Jimmy G started the 2nd game when he got injured, he got the W going 2-0 in NE