• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Charlotte Hornets

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure... why not?

I have watched the Hornets playing this season and therefore know what I'm talking about... Actually in a few hours my Bucks won't have an easy time beating them... but will do at the end!
The buck will have an easy time beating them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop behaving like a moron (unless of course if you are one...)

I said: "The Hornets are a "playoff lock" for the next season and will be among the championship contenders the season after..." and you (deliberately) twisted everything (again)...

See now, that is why you don’t get along with anybody.

Yeah, I misread your comment. I thought you were saying they would be contenders next year. They still won’t contend in 2 years, but it is possible if they somehow sign a top FA.

I would still bet that barring a major FA acquisition they won’t be contenders in 2 years, but why the need for name calling?

And a playoff lock next year?

No.

I would say more far likely to miss the playoffs than make, but it is possible they make it next year. A lock though?

Hell no.

Nobody on the Hornets roster projects as more than high quality 3rd or 4th option type on a good team. That is not a recipe for building a contender.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See now, that is why you don’t get along with anybody.

Yeah, I misread your comment. I thought you were saying they would be contenders next year. They still won’t contend in 2 years, but it is possible if they somehow sign a top FA.

I would still bet that barring a major FA acquisition they won’t be contenders in 2 years, but why the need for name calling?

And a playoff lock next year?

No.

I would say more far likely to miss the playoffs than make, but it is possible they make it next year. A lock though?

Hell no.

Nobody on the Hornets roster projects as more than high quality 3rd or 4th option type on a good team. That is not a recipe for building a contender.

I seriously recommend that you visit a shrink... You seriously need medical examination if you claim that "I don't get along", because you was caught to reply on a fictional creation of yours, which you've put in my mouth...

you seriously do! Idiot!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously recommend that you visit a shrink... You seriously need medical examination if you claim that "I don't get along", because you was caught to reply on a fictional creation of yours, which you've put in my mouth...

you seriously do! Idiot!

Really?

I admitted to misreading your post. It happens.

And you are still wrong about the Hornets.

Probably won’t be in the playoffs next year, definitely won’t be contenders in 2 years unless they sign some serious studs.

How many times have you been caught being wrong about points far bigger?

How many times have you admitted error?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I admitted to misreading your post. It happens.

And you are still wrong about the Hornets.

Probably won’t be in the playoffs next year, definitely won’t be contenders in 2 years unless they sign some serious studs.

How many times have you been caught being wrong about points far bigger?

How many times have you admitted error?
You also need a shrink if you reply other on what you are quoting upon... But then again you always do it...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also need a shrink if you reply other on what you are quoting upon... But then again you always do it...

This is why half of America hates foreigners.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um.....

That was a direct reply to your comment and the discussion on the Hornets that we have been having all thread.

Carry on.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um.....

That was a direct reply to your comment and the discussion on the Hornets that we have been having all thread.

Carry on.
it wasn't a reply on the subject of the thread idiot, it was a quote on my saying... You do need a shrink.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why half of America hates foreigners.

I guess half of USA voted for... Trump for president! It speaks for itself when it comes to down to rationality.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't know how to quote posts in Greece @buckalis ?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, a 8-12 record won't blow anyone out of the water, and they probably won't make the playoffs.

However, everyone and their mother have bashed them, namely owner Michael Jordan, here in 2019 for not trading Kemba Walker at February's deadline.

If one were capable of taking a longer view of the situation and a not-so-lazy one, they'd know that the Hornets absolutely made the right move in letting Kemba walk and not taking back any needless salary.

I know many look for excuses to criticize Jordan for the simple reason that his presence prevents their guy from the overused title of "GOAT", but by letting Kemba walk it allowed for them to focus on developing young talent while waiting for some of these bad contracts to come off the books within the next two years, namely Kidd-Gilchrist, Biyombo, and Batum.

And they have shown their upside this year. Graham, Rozier, Bridges, and Washington have all played well, and even Malik Monk has found his role as a sixth man (even if he still needs to work on his consistency from three)...

The following rant is coming from a former Charlotte Hornets fan.

Everyone and their mother will continue to bash the organization and Michael Jordan. How they dealt with the whole Kemba Walker contract situation was the most idiotic move by an NBA owner that I've seen in quite some time. Just to mention other idiotic moves by an NBA owner, horrid Batum contract that got them cash strapped for the last few years, they can't draft properly, they hire a new coach and a new GM and NOTHING changes and they didn't play their young talent enough. This year is different, not by choice, but by necessity because they don't have anyone else!

They are still a bottom barrel team and are just perennially going to be fighting for the 8th playoff spot in the East unless something DRASTIC changes. Michael Jordan is the Michael Jordan of bad owners. Only ones worse would probably be the Knicks owner and the Cavs owner. Sure, they have an upside, but so does all but about 5 NBA teams right now. There's no doubt that Monk, Graham and Bridges are going to be stars. But when the time comes to pay those three, how do you expect them to afford to keep them three around? They couldn't afford Kemba, Batum's shit show of a contract and rookie contracts. How exactly do the Hornets keep the three most talented guys on their roster?

Is Malik Monk, Devonte Graham or anyone on that team right now replacing the production that Kemba Walker gave to the Hornets? The answer is no. Part of that is because Coach Clifford refused to play the young guys. Keyword is REFUSED to. He didn't not play them because Kemba needed/wanted his minutes, he didn't play them because Coach Clifford didn't want to because the best way to win games was to keep Kemba Walker in the game. The Hornets were BARELY a playoff team WITH Kemba and a bunch of nobodies. Now, all you got are rookies and THE SAME BUNCH OF NOBODIES and we are supposed to be impressed and clap our hands because they have an 8-12 record? This time last year, they were 11-11. This time 2 years ago, 8-12. What exactly is it that you're saying with this? That the Hornets are just fine without Kemba Walker? That the Hornets made the right decision not signing Kemba Walker because of the surprising 8-12 record they currently have, which is worse then last year?

If one were capable of taking a look at statistics other than the W-L record of a team in the East, which is just as useful as looking at the W-L record of a team in the AFC East against the Patriots, they'd know that the Charlotte Hornets are in the bottom 5 in the league in PPG, bottom 10 in most TOs per game, last in Rebounds per game, 6th worst in point differential and 3rd worst in FT%. With their leading scorer at 17 ppg, it's not gonna be enough. They are a shit team with decent young talent and bad supporting cast and bad decision making from the top down.

This organization is an absolute joke. The "moves" they made in the offseason were an absolute joke. Their effort this year is an absolute joke. The Hornets shot themselves in the foot by not paying Kemba Walker, they continuously shoot themselves in the foot by making shit decisions heading into the draft (outside of Malik Monk) and NOTHING will change until Michael Jordan no longer owns that team.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hornets are a "playoff lock" for the next season and will be among the championship contenders the season after...

The Charlotte Hornets are championship contenders in 2 years? Man, I need some of whatever it is that you're smoking.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Charlotte Hornets are championship contenders in 2 years? Man, I need some of whatever it is that you're smoking.
Unfortunately, he's not smoking anything.
literally every prediction he made last year was wrong. But don't worry, he'll be around soon to call you an idiot for having a different opinion than him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess half of USA voted for... Trump for president! It speaks for itself when it comes to down to rationality.
That's the half that hates foreigners. You're not helping.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure... why not?

I have watched the Hornets playing this season and therefore know what I'm talking about... Actually in a few hours my Bucks won't have an easy time beating them... but will do at the end!
You know what you're talking about....that 41 point victory wasn't easy. One quarter was even as close as 7.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way way wait a minute...

Thought these cats were a D league squad? @Shanemansj13