• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the case against britt

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This writer sold me on NOT picking this guy up. I was a little on the fence with Britt, but what he is saying makes perfect sense to me.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give the guy 1 mil in salary and incentive that take him to 3 million...1,000 yards is 1 mil. 10 TDs is 1 mil. 100 receptions (not gonna happen) 1 mil.

There is very little risk in making an offer as long as you don't guarantee him money. If he wants guarantees...fine...guarantee us you won't get in any trouble off the field and you can stay healthy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him in New England because I don't believe we have roster space, but I think he makes Washington better, and the price will not be high. He's an improvement over everyone after Garcon, and while it doesn't change your need for a line, it does provide an extra target for Griffin.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly cannot argue any of the points made by the writer, they are all valid and should lead any reader to the conclusion that the team take a pass on Mr. Britt.

If however, you took all of that into account, there is a more compelling reason to sign him than not. Those reasons.............Save for Garcon, Roberts and possibly Hankerson, what else does this team have?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt is not a cancer and doesn't have a bad attitude. Paul Kuharsky knows Kenny Britt as well as anyone and he praises Britt's attitude. What that article doesn't reveal is how the Titans mistreated Kenny.

You're not getting the whole story, guys!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Britt is not a cancer and doesn't have a bad attitude. Paul Kuharsky knows Kenny Britt as well as anyone and he praises Britt's attitude. What that article doesn't reveal is how the Titans mistreated Kenny.

You're not getting the whole story, guys!

I agree, besides there are other reasons that players often leave one team for another, and it's not just the singular issue...money. One of the issues that offensive skill players face when moving is that they often are relegated to being that "second guy" especially QB's, RB's and WR'ers. I know that he's to interview with Buffalo, but honestly, doesn't both Washington and Carolina offer the opportunity to become "THE Guy" if he's willing to stay focused and put in the work.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the guy in Tennessee, really. It's just that that, beyond a couple talented players (locker, britt, CJ), the franchise is in bad shape.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the guy in Tennessee, really. It's just that that, beyond a couple talented players (locker, britt, CJ), the franchise is in bad shape.

I disagree. The Titans have always been strong organizationally but have a knack for squandering talent. Who else chooses not to exploit offensive weapons like Jared Cooke, Randy Moss and Kenny Britt and releases LeGarette Blount in favor of a zillion dollar contract for Chris Johnson?

If the Titans allow the misconception to exist that Kenny Britt is a cancer, I am deeply resentful. Unfortunately, he's put himself in a position with the arrests that he can't say anything or its perceived as bad attitude.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised we cant get Britt's deal done. Carolina just signed Crothery. I think Britt would start for us or compete with Roberts. What happened to Owen Daniels? He would be huge for us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt is totally different than Roberts. Roberts will be our slot receiver, primarily. Britt's competition will be with Hankerson or a draft pick.

Owen Daniels is old and we don't want him because he can't block either.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels is a huge threat in the passing game. Way better than Paulsen. I cant see how Britt is not a upgrade over Hankerson who will not be ready by training camp.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG III should be on bended knee before Daniel Snyder begging for this deal to get done before the sun sets today. I'm convinced the Pats are waiting and if no one signs him this weekend, they're going to make a minimum offer to him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Titans have always been strong organizationally but have a knack for squandering talent. Who else chooses not to exploit offensive weapons like Jared Cooke, Randy Moss and Kenny Britt and releases LeGarette Blount in favor of a zillion dollar contract for Chris Johnson?

If the Titans allow the misconception to exist that Kenny Britt is a cancer, I am deeply resentful. Unfortunately, he's put himself in a position with the arrests that he can't say anything or its perceived as bad attitude.

You know better than I do, but I see the end result of wasted talent and mediocre performance year after year. At some point someone's to blame.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised we cant get Britt's deal done. Carolina just signed Crothery. I think Britt would start for us or compete with Roberts. What happened to Owen Daniels? He would be huge for us.

You know, I've been thinking about this and wonder if the team is offering teaser type contracts to some of these guys. Contracts that meet a certain threshold yet not quite enough to convince the player or his agent to sign right away in hopes of finding greener pastures. Time is not their friend as we get closer and closer to the draft, I expect a bunch of signings. Anything after that is going to approach the vet minimum.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted "the case against britt , but for the right price i think you take a flier on him

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one year prove it deal for Britt is relatively low risk. Unfortunately, he is still shopping for something more. Just not sure he's going to get it, especially with the talent coming out of the draft. We are right in not panicking with this guy. I assume we have made what we think is a fair offer. If a Seattle or NE offers him more and signs him, that just means that they may forgo a WR with their first pick, increasing the chances that good talent falls to us at 34. While NE has a history of taking chances on troubled players, it is almost always with a 1 year deal so I don't expect them to act differently this time. SEA, however, may offer him more. Carroll always believes he can change players and in some respects, he has. Bide our time and see how this plays out.