• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bruins are not expecting Marc Savard to play in 2011-12.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this sentiment gets overblown.. ever since people started using the saying 'loved by his team, hated by others', people have said 'well you'd love him if he were on your team'..

if agitators were so vital to a team, they'd make more money and have more trade value..

yes, he'd probably find a job if the pens cut him, but to say that there isn't a team in the NHL that wouldn't take cooke on their roster is an exaggeration

(not targetting you specifically, people do this all the time with their 'cheap-shot artists' and agitators, flyers fans did it with carcillo and people do it with pronger all the time)

i hate talbot and pronger and i hated carcillo (most of the time), and they all play(ed) for the flyers.. just because someone is dirty on an opposing team, doesn't mean people would like them if they were dirty on their team..

I don't think he's talking about fans. It's front offices. And he's right. Almost every front office in the league would be willing to sign Cooke. He's a good player. He adds a lot of value over the course of a season.

And he's a player whose own fans don't like him. But the front office is charged with building a winner, not a team of nice guys. Cooke helps the Penguins win.

I do think he's very replaceable, though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see your point, but cooke is a proven pk'er and a good grinding forward who can play the game at a decent level if he would check his lack of brain at the door. Just throw out his past history and see the talent and what he brings to a team and i honestly believe 29 other teams in the NHL would take him in a heartbeat.

same can be said for avery, ott, carcillo, et al...

i see what you're saying and i agree.. problem with the guys you listed is they have a lack of brain.. and teams/oraganizations pass on people with a lack of brain all the time.. the flyers traded downie away, teams trade guys with poor work ethic away.. teams want a certain mentality and approach to the game, and matt cooke does not approach the game in an attractive manner, so there will be teams that would ignore his availability..

if he used his head a little more, i agree that he would be sought after, but if that were the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all and matt cooke would be treated like the ian lappierriere's of the world

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's talking about fans. It's front offices. And he's right. Almost every front office in the league would be willing to sign Cooke. He's a good player. He adds a lot of value over the course of a season.

And he's a player whose own fans don't like him. But the front office is charged with building a winner, not a team of nice guys. Cooke helps the Penguins win.

I do think he's very replaceable, though.

i understand what you're saying.. but even still, i dont think it would be 29 other teams, or almost every front office, would be willing to sign cooke

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see what you're saying and i agree.. problem with the guys you listed is they have a lack of brain.. and teams/oraganizations pass on people with a lack of brain all the time.. the flyers traded downie away, teams trade guys with poor work ethic away.. teams want a certain mentality and approach to the game, and matt cooke does not approach the game in an attractive manner, so there will be teams that would ignore his availability..

if he used his head a little more, i agree that he would be sought after, but if that were the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all and matt cooke would be treated like the ian lappierriere's of the world

fair enough awaz... ugh i sort of agree with a flyers fan....:der:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to Hartnell. For as much as he is hated around the league by different fanbases, i would welcome him to the Pens with open arms.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to Hartnell. For as much as he is hated around the league by different fanbases, i would welcome him to the Pens with open arms.

no you wouldnt. he makes 4 mil a year

:lol:

err.. i mean.. :Cry:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i was going to add in a caveat about his contract and didn't...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe 2 years ago people any team would take Cooke for his PK skills and what not, but I think most would agree he has fucked up his reputation eyond the point that he can save it.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe 2 years ago people any team would take Cooke for his PK skills and what not, but I think most would agree he has fucked up his reputation eyond the point that he can save it.

Well i think we can all agree this is his swansong in the league, cut out the shit or get your walking papers. I think Mario and company have made this abundantly clear.

I hope the dumbfuck got the message. Him, Staal and TK are a force to reckon with. IMO best 3rd line in the league, HOMER ALERT!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i think we can all agree this is his swansong in the league, cut out the shit or get your walking papers. I think Mario and company have made this abundantly clear.

I hope the dumbfuck got the message. Him, Staal and TK are a force to reckon with. IMO best 3rd line in the league, HOMER ALERT!!!

Best 3rd line until he gets what is coming to him....mwahahahaha. :D

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolz

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best 3rd line until he ges wh at is coming to him....mwahahahaha. :D

And who will give it to him??? That soft euro Jagr or the rat talbot???

I can't wait till dec 29th...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Bruins squad. Gonna fuck shit up this season.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who will give it to him??? That soft euro Jagr or the rat talbot???

I can't wait till dec 29th...

Nor can I. As if our games didnt feature enough hatred...

The whole Bruins squad. Gonna fuck shit up this season.

If by fuck shit up you mean that shit Cooke, then feel free.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tix should be coming this week...

Lucky man. That game would pull off a great double heard within a week with that and the Classic. All on HBO of course

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanna score tix to the home opener against you Flyer fairies. I aint paying an astronomical price though. Right now (before actual tickets go on sale) they are at 300 bucks. Tix officially go on sale Sept 9th. I am gonna be at my comp that split second and try to get some tix.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanna score tix to the home opener against you Flyer fairies. I aint paying an astronomical price though. Right now (before actual tickets go on sale) they are at 300 bucks. Tix officially go on sale Sept 9th. I am gonna be at my comp that split second and try to get some tix.

99% of seats at hokcey games are good IMO. The bad ones are the pricey ones on the glass. Higher Lower Level FTW!!!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24/7 should be great...

I have never booed jagr, too many good memories of him through the years, but i'm torn on this one lol