• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bruins are not expecting Marc Savard to play in 2011-12.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bruins are not expecting Marc Savard to play in 2011-12.

Savard has not been examined recently by team doctors. But Savard is still experiencing post-concussion syndrome, more than seven months after his 2010-11 season – and possibly his career – ended on Jan. 22.

“Marc Savard won’t play this year,” said GM Peter Chiarelli. “Nothing has changed in our monitoring. He’ll be examined and he’ll be declared unfit to play.”

Savard is signed through 2016-17. Savard’s symptoms could wane, after which he might hope to resume his playing career. However, the Bruins are assuming Savard’s career is over.

“Based on what I see, what I hear, what I read, and what I’m told, it’s very unlikely Marc will play again,” Chiarelli said. “Now, knowing the uncertainty of this injury, there’s always a chance [he could play]. But based on what I’m told, it’s very unlikely he’ll play. As an employer, I support him and hope he gets back to living a healthy life.”

Bruins rookies open camp next Friday. Veterans kick off camp on Sept. 16. Savard is not expected to attend camp.

Marc Savard not expected to play in 2011-12, career in doubt - bruins blog - Boston Globe hockey news

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pp0198.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Savard's career likely over - The Globe and Mail

looking at just the past 10 to 15 years, here's an incomplete list of players who have all left the game early due to head injuries: Pat LaFontaine, Jim Johnson, Eric Lindros, Scott Stevens, Paul Kariya, Mike Richter, Keith Primeau, Geoff Courtnall, Adam Deadmarsh, Jeff Beukeboom, Petr Svoboda, Nick Kypreos, Brett Lindros, Jason Botterill, Brian Bradley, Trevor Halverson, Steven Rice, Jay More, Dean Chynoweth, Dennis Vaske, Cam Stewart, Steve Rucchin, Steve Moore, Jesse Wallin, Steve Dubinsky, Richard Scott, Stu Grimson, Gino Odjick, Steve Heinze, Rob DiMaio, David Tanabe, Kim Johnsson, Matthew Barnaby, Kurt Sauer and Dave Scatchard.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pout:

Gonna miss you buddy.

marc-savard-1-maj-2010-19904.jpg

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Savard's career likely over - The Globe and Mail

looking at just the past 10 to 15 years, here's an incomplete list of players who have all left the game early due to head injuries: Pat LaFontaine, Jim Johnson, Eric Lindros, Scott Stevens, Paul Kariya, Mike Richter, Keith Primeau, Geoff Courtnall, Adam Deadmarsh, Jeff Beukeboom, Petr Svoboda, Nick Kypreos, Brett Lindros, Jason Botterill, Brian Bradley, Trevor Halverson, Steven Rice, Jay More, Dean Chynoweth, Dennis Vaske, Cam Stewart, Steve Rucchin, Steve Moore, Jesse Wallin, Steve Dubinsky, Richard Scott, Stu Grimson, Gino Odjick, Steve Heinze, Rob DiMaio, David Tanabe, Kim Johnsson, Matthew Barnaby, Kurt Sauer and Dave Scatchard.

I can think of a few that are probably one hard shot away from joining that list. Tim Connolly being one and I think that's why the Sabres let him walk to Toronto. I hope I'm wrong and wish him the best but he has not been the same since having those two major concussions.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Cooke with a soldering iron in the eye socket, while shoving a pineapple up his ass before throwing him into the pits of Hell.

Still kinda short, no?

Well it certainly isnt a bad idea.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of being a smart ass and moving this thread to the Pens forum but that would be unprofessional of me. :ss:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of being a smart ass and moving this thread to the Pens forum but that would be unprofessional of me.

Fuck Matt Cooke with a soldering iron in the eye socket, while shoving a pineapple up his ass

Boss... Can you move just one post to the Hot Chicks Forum under a new thread titled "My Sexual Fantasy?"