• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boys

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a video game from 4 years ago?
Well, its going to be a TV show in a year or two.

And most video games I play are older than 4 years old. That said, I'm genuinely shocked someone could be online and avoid that spoiler.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea....that's a tough one to keep under wraps. Hoping they steer clear of that story twist because not sure the other characters are strong enough to take the load from Joel
To my knowledge, Joel only appears in his death scene and in flashbacks in TLOU2. The sequel was also about twice as long as the main game so it overshadows a lot of what is built originally. A TV show would likely be 2 more seasons and Joel's death would likely be the end of the first episode. So it turns into something else entirely. There is one thing I'd imagine they will cut because it will piss off TV viewers and its somewhat unrelated to the main discourse.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea....that's a tough one to keep under wraps. Hoping they steer clear of that story twist because not sure the other characters are strong enough to take the load from Joel
And that storyline was pretty big in the gaming news at the time. I never played LoU2, but I knew about that character and “it’s” arc a few weeks before launch, iirc.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, its going to be a TV show in a year or two.

And most video games I play are older than 4 years old. That said, I'm genuinely shocked someone could be online and avoid that spoiler.
I can't spoil what has not happened yet!

I remember all of the discourse around game release, that game was the boiling point for gamers vs game journalists.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't spoil what has not happened yet!

I remember all of the discourse around game release, that game was the boiling point for gamers vs game journalists.
Round 3 of The Last Jedi discourse. Or Round 4 of gamergate, I guess.

Personally, I think the biggest black eye ever for game journalists was Cyberpunk and honestly I think the game journalists wanted the fight over TLOU2. I know PC gamers will never really fully get the outrage of Cyberpunk but CD Projeckt Red managing to hype their way to riches with a very sub par product is pretty outrageous imo.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I think the biggest black eye ever for game journalists was Cyberpunk and honestly I think the game journalists wanted the fight over TLOU2. I know PC gamers will never really fully get the outrage of Cyberpunk but CD Projeckt Red managing to hype their way to riches with a very sub par product is pretty outrageous imo.
To their credit, the end result of that game was pretty damn close to what was hyped. The end result was a few years after game release however.

I have bias though, I am a pc gamer and built a new pc specifically for that game, so it was awesome for me day 1. So I loved it from day 1.

It being so bad that Sony granted all the refunds means it had to be pretty bad on console.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To their credit, the end result of that game was pretty damn close to what was hyped. The end result was a few years after game release however.
I might have to give it another go because I thought the game, even ignoring the bugs, wasnt particularly fun.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once the bugs got fixed I thought the game and story was solid.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a video game from 4 years ago?

The thing is, it is a different medium. Not everyone who watches the series played the games.

But oh well, it's pretty old news and this is the interne, I just didn't expect to get that spoiler on a thread about The Boys.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, it is a different medium. Not everyone who watches the series played the games.

But oh well, it's pretty old news and this is the interne, I just didn't expect to get that spoiler on a thread about The Boys.
I do apologize, we just started talking changes between games and shows and I honestly didn't think about it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's tough watching the show knowing how the game goes and hoping for better.

It's similar to knowing the bleak as all fuck Game of Thrones end game for dance of dragons and hoping like hell they go less bleak.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[mod edit: added spoiler tags]

For sure, the second game forcing you to play as Abby after she kills Joel and then calling all fans that didn't like it transphobic was bullshit.
I think they were far more misogynistic complaints than the relatively few transphobic ones from people who wrongly assumed Abby was trans. (my favorite part was because of Abby's sex scene some people thought that meant she was trans. funny.) And maybe they were upset because of the reason you said, but the attacks and complaints seemed much more about her gender (voice, looks, appearance, etc) than what she did.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck are goddamn video game/last of us convos still going on here

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's a fair point to say the discussion should be The Boys centric and any spoilers for another show should be in the right place.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talentless and gap toothed. But “she gets naked” isn’t good enough. True Blood had zero appeal to me. Tits doesn’t make a weak plot good.

I thought the first few seasons were good enough but the point was to highlight they sold out good plot points from the books for shameless pandering to a yet fully established LGBTQ mantra