• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Blowout That Wasn't...COWBOYS vs Tampa

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it seem like the COWBOYS were stomping all over the Bucs? And yet at the end of the game, Tampa actually had a chance to win. The COWBOYS supposedly had total control of the game.
..........except for penalties and costly mistakes.

1st downs....COWBOYS 24.....TB 16
Rushing .........185 yards for the BOYS
Passing.......... DAK..32-36
COWBOYS total yards in offense....... 449
Time of Possession.....COWBOYS 36........Tampa 23.5
COWBOYS received 4 Tampa turnovers

Blowout right?

1st quarter COWBOYS on Tampa 29...2nd and 2.....Holding..Mayle..........zero points
1st quarter COWBOYS on Tampa 16.......2nd and 10........Face mask...Free......3 points
2nd quarter COWBOYS on Tampa 43......1st and 10..........Holding Leary.......3 points
3rd quarter COWBOYS on DALLAS 41.....3rd and 2....The COWBOYS run a reverse....Zeke fumbles....horrible play calling.......Punt
4th Quarter..........COWBOYS on their 41 ........1st and 10.......fumble lost .....but it didn't matter though

8 penalties for 91 yards

The COWBOYS won the game........but they won't get away with that, in the post season.

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many drive killers against Tampa for sure.

During the 11 game win streak Dallas played mostly mistake free football. The last month or so they just continue to shoot themselves in the foot. Could be a sign of the team wearing down, the same as any other team at this point in the season. The first round bye and home field advantage should help a bit getting the roster fresh - if in fact they are becoming a little fatigued. I like the idea of playing the starters all 16, they can get their rest during the bye.

Regardless, need to clean up the silly penalties. Playoff football is generally officiated a little looser than the regular season it seems, so that should help.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree the game should have been a blowout and we shot ourselves in the foot a bunch of times with the penalties and by getting "cute" with the play calls and we have seen this a few times already this year with big penalties stopping us when the other team can't. BUT,,,I do think it happens to every team. I also happen to be a fan of the jet sweep to Lucky so this is a tough one for me. That reverse pitch from Zeke to Lucky was a poor call in that situation IMO. But the other sweep that just didn't work I have no issue with. I also didn't like the sweep to Zeke on 3rd and short. We should have just ran the ball without a pitch or passed it, because IMO the toss when the team expects the run always makes it tough to get around the corner in the NFL and also because the odds of going out of bounds are greater. We played great and we won. Penalties will happen and need to be cleaned up, but I feel pretty good about this team after last game...don't we all?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who keeps calling the trick plays? We have one of of the best OL and a stud at RB. Run the damn ball on 3Rd and short and pick up the 1st down and score touchdowns. These reverses to wHite head are not working. Garretts handprint is all over those calls. Last week we had the dumb pitch to zeke which also failed.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree the game should have been a blowout and we shot ourselves in the foot a bunch of times with the penalties and by getting "cute" with the play calls and we have seen this a few times already this year with big penalties stopping us when the other team can't. BUT,,,I do think it happens to every team. I also happen to be a fan of the jet sweep to Lucky so this is a tough one for me. That reverse pitch from Zeke to Lucky was a poor call in that situation IMO. But the other sweep that just didn't work I have no issue with. I also didn't like the sweep to Zeke on 3rd and short. We should have just ran the ball without a pitch or passed it, because IMO the toss when the team expects the run always makes it tough to get around the corner in the NFL and also because the odds of going out of bounds are greater. We played great and we won. Penalties will happen and need to be cleaned up, but I feel pretty good about this team after last game...don't we all?
I feel better about the pass rush a little. Irving was a monster in the 4th quarter. He continues that and the team could advance deep into playoffs. Collins was also being disruptive

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't recall the season, but it was recent, that we also had so many plays called back to due to penalties where anytime we scored, I would look for a flag. That game was just like that on sunday. The penalties have to stop!! And the cute play calling as well.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lineahan needs to forget the fly sweep and the reverse toss are gadget plays that might work once a season not once a game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lineahan needs to forget the fly sweep and the reverse toss are gadget plays that might work once a season not once a game
I think the jet sweep to Lucky has worked great for us this year except for last game. It even helps keep the defense honest when we fake it and then run Zeke or pass. I wouldn't run it on 3rd and 1 or 2 because I don't think it is that type of play, but on 1st or 2nd down I really like it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Fly sweep is a great play. I also think there were 2 bucs on the right side of the field should that reverse pitch been executed. Bottom line, this game is as much about setting up plays you think will work when you get a certain look. Occasionally the other guy makes a great play like the fly sweep the other night, or your guy doesn't execute a play that looked to be there. Dallas's line is good, no question but their not as good as you guys assume. The other side is professional too.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Fly sweep is a great play. I also think there were 2 bucs on the right side of the field should that reverse pitch been executed. Bottom line, this game is as much about setting up plays you think will work when you get a certain look. Occasionally the other guy makes a great play like the fly sweep the other night, or your guy doesn't execute a play that looked to be there. Dallas's line is good, no question but their not as good as you guys assume. The other side is professional too.
You dont agree with anything. What a surprise.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are maulers. Possibly the best I've seen