• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Biggest Losers of a (likely) Nixed NBA Season

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So reward the teams who sucked but punish the ones who actually tried?

That sends a great message.
You never heard of tanking?

Also that's the point of the draft, the shitty teams are supposed to get the best new players. It's that way in every sport.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So reward the teams who sucked but punish the ones who actually tried?

That sends a great message.

Bad teams doesn't automatically=didn't try.

Outside of the Warriors (after the curry injury), was there any team that you can say didn't try? I watched teams like the Knicks, Hornets, and Hawks for example.....and those teams actually did try and there wasn't any intentional tanking going on.

This wasn't the typical season where you had multiple teams tanking.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad teams doesn't automatically=didn't try.

Outside of the Warriors (after the curry injury), was there any team that you can say didn't try? I watched teams like the Knicks, Hornets, and Hawks for example.....and those teams actually did try and there wasn't any intentional tanking going on.

This wasn't the typical season where you had multiple teams tanking.

And even the Warriors were only bad because of major injury.

Yeah, they held some guys out of a few games they could have played. Not sure how many more games they could have won with the group they had this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go out on a limb there.
your comment in the other thread......"You never rule anything out completely. No matter how ridiculous or improbable."

you were wrong...but did play the role of Extreme Boy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

I am a teacher.

Summers off are great. But if we had fall or winter off instead of summer, I wouldn’t complain as long as the reason made sense and was what is best for kids.

Schools have done summers off traditionally because of the heat. Pre-air conditioning it was basically a must. Today, the issue would be that you couldn’t take kids outside on days where there is a heat advisory.

Point being, the reason for school summers off makes sense. If the NBA had a good reason for changing the timing of the off season, I am guessing most players would be alright with it. As long as the resining makes sense.
The reason would be for money....why I said it makes sense for the NBA. My bet would be if you polled players they would keep it as is. and, yeah, reasoning could be they are creatures of habit and don't want change (not that it would not make some sense).But, sure, they'd go along with it. What are they gonna do...retire?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, they get the lowest draft position. In every sport. Since forever.
Is this a new thing to you?

It would be a valid point had the season just started and this happened but just about every team played 65 or more games. The season was almost done. It was real clear who the playoffs teams would be. The lakers shouldn't have the same chance at a top pick as the Hornets.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think the top teams really give a shit about the draft

Ehh i disagree. Teams value the draft. The players probably dont care but every front office care. Teams wouldnt have scouts if they didnt care

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a valid point had the season just started and this happened but just about every team played 65 or more games. The season was almost done. It was real clear who the playoffs teams would be. The lakers shouldn't have the same chance at a top pick as the Hornets.
This is childishly obvious to everyone but Shaqdaddy apparently

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh i disagree. Teams value the draft. The players probably dont care but every front office care. Teams wouldnt have scouts if they didnt care
She's on a roll

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your comment in the other thread......"You never rule anything out completely. No matter how ridiculous or improbable."

you were wrong...but did play the role of Extreme Boy.

You are so damn petty.
Me, too....strike season was close to same number of games as this season. while they did have playoffs that season, my guess is they would hold the lottery as those in playoff positions made the playoffs.

I am confident in saying zero chance (looky there, @tlance ) they give everyone "same odds" to get the #1 pick.

That said, I could see holding a draft lottery with every team included (granted, a miniscule chance for top teams) as a slim possibility.

You are so damn petty.

and the funny thing is that you went on to say there was a chance that every team could be included in the draft lottery. That isn’t going to happen.

You just love bringing up the 1 in a million chance of something remote happening to call somebody who out who offers a firm opinion. And that is ridiculous behavior on your part.

Stop arguing semantics and show up with some actual content.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cancel the playoffs every season?
No...but they have a draft lottery and it is based on where each team finishes the reg. season.

If you want to think we could have a lottery where each team has same chance at top pick have at it.