• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Biggest Losers of a (likely) Nixed NBA Season

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is funny as he might be the only coach Lebron has had who was willing to tell him off and do it in front of others.
That was for show only....Note Lue was a one and done coach only

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually agree with that assessment. We have no idea if Wooden would have succeeded in the NBA because he never coached there. Same with Coach K.

With Brown, you can't really say he was as good as Wooden or Coach K (at the college level), because he didn't have near as much time coaching in college as they did. But he did manage to get UCLA to a finals game and won a title with Kansas.

From his record in college, I'd assume he'd have ended up in the convo with those 2 had he stayed.
I actually thought Lue did a decent coaching job in Cleveland and I would agree that Lebron gets more credit then he deserves, but lets get real...it took the best player in the NBA to win one title only...Just saying

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought Lue did a decent coaching job in Cleveland and I would agree that Lebron gets more credit then he deserves, but lets get real...it took the best player in the NBA to win one title only...Just saying

People will look at LeBron's return to Cleveland & the 4 Finals match up with the Warriors differently. In none of them were the Cavs the favorite. I've heard people say the Cavs '16 title is somehow diminished because of injuries & Draymond getting himself suspended. Yet the Cavs were missing Irving & Love for the '15 Finals. Shouldn't that mean the Warriors '15 title is diminished?

For me as a fan & having an interest in the total history of the game LeBron led the greatest Finals comeback of all time after being down 3-1. That can't/shouldn't be overlooked.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People will look at LeBron's return to Cleveland & the 4 Finals match up with the Warriors differently. In none of them were the Cavs the favorite. I've heard people say the Cavs '16 title is somehow diminished because of injuries & Draymond getting himself suspended. Yet the Cavs were missing Irving & Love for the '15 Finals. Shouldn't that mean the Warriors '15 title is diminished?

For me as a fan & having an interest in the total history of the game LeBron led the greatest Finals comeback of all time after being down 3-1. That can't/shouldn't be overlooked.

It's not so much that a title is 'diminished' if one side is beset by injuries, but it is an explanation and a factor. Is Toronto's title 'diminished' last year because the Ws were decimated by injuries? No, but clearly that's why they won. Yes the Ws got some major breaks in 2015, and the Cavs got some in 2016. Luck is a big part of every championship (except 2017, 1996, a couple others...and still there was luck in how those teams were assembled)

The Cleveland win will never be forgotten, nor will the Warriors' 5 year dominance. It's just fun to troll the other side about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Lue should have done a better job from stopping Durant from exercising his rights to join GS.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the eastern conference - it was really almost guaranteed that Lebron and his team would be the favorite -Come on now

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Lue should have done a better job from stopping Durant from exercising his rights to join GS.
I don't think any coach in the NBA could have stopped the Warriors -and they will never be the same as that team was - In fact I think Lue actually exceeded his natural talent - I would love to see him get another chance at coaching - but outside of LeBron he has no experience in the real world of coaching

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the eastern conference - it was really almost guaranteed that Lebron and his team would be the favorite -Come on now

Not sure what Eastern conference dominance has to do the the Warriors being Finals favorites all 4 years

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why the Lakers didn't hire him. Dude just can't get the job done.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what Eastern conference dominance has to do the the Warriors being Finals favorites all 4 years

That's because you don't grasp the subtle brilliance of TLF.

But to be fair, it's so subtle that no one else does either. :dhd:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has plenty because the Eastern Conference was so weak, the best team in the East almost shifted automatically from the Heat to the Cavaliers which was a statement by itself. If Lebron had Davis in Cleveland, who knows what would have happened

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because you don't grasp the subtle brilliance of TLF.

But to be fair, it's so subtle that no one else does either. :dhd:
So you are saying that it wasnt obvious that The best team in the Eastern shifted from Florida to Cleveland when Lebron changed teams? Granted its better now but come on

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the record, Lebron was in 8 finals straight regardless of who the coach was....Or the players

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that it wasnt obvious that The best team in the Eastern shifted from Florida to Cleveland when Lebron changed teams? Granted its better now but come on

At the time...not necessarily. The Heat still had D-Wade and Bosh. Unfortunately, Bosh had his health issues, so we never got to see that matchup.

I don't know if the Heat would have won, but it would have been a helluva series and I'd have liked their chances.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the bleep is Lakers fans not number 1 on this list...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've said in the past you don't like LeBron. So I don't think you're being unbiased about your opinion of him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said in the past you don't like LeBron. So I don't think you're being unbiased about your opinion of him.
I actually have come to appreciate his game more. The first thing is he is a team player and far less selfish then Kobe ever was. I think Kobe was the better shooter and pure but LeBron does all of the other things constently. I still think his decision to leave Cleveland the first time was handled poorly,. but I have had some young 23 year old men in my home now and have also learned there is no such thing as a mature adult at that age...so he had some maturing to do

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it wasn't. Before they played I recall many thinking Toronto and/or the Cs would knock off the Cavs in 2017 and 2018. More the Cs than Toronto.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any coach in the NBA could have stopped the Warriors -and they will never be the same as that team was - In fact I think Lue actually exceeded his natural talent - I would love to see him get another chance at coaching - but outside of LeBron he has no experience in the real world of coaching
agree.....but could replace him with Phillip and replace Lebron with MJ and/or Kobe (or shaq)