• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UTSA seems to have their shit together

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream teams- Duke and Kentucky
No way they want UK. I could see Duke if UNC was part of the deal, but their current 20 year and no penalties NCAA investigation might be a deterrent. I don't see them leaving the ACC though.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they want UK. I could see Duke if UNC was part of the deal, but their current 20 year and no penalties NCAA investigation might be a deterrent. I don't see them leaving the ACC though.

When you talk of fan bases, UK ranks up there. I understand that the academics don't mesh.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 6

1. Penn State (6-0, 3-0) - Last Week: 1 -For the 4th time this season, the Nittany Lions won by 21 points or more. They have outscored their P5 opponents 130-54. They beat Illinois 31-7 this week.

2. Wisconsin (5-0, 2-0)- Last Week: 3 -The Huskers become the first team to score in the third quarter, but were outscored 21-7 after halftime. They are on the heels of Penn State.

3. Ohio State (5-1, 3-0) - Last Week: 3 - Ever since the Buckeyes had a slow start to the Hoosiers and lost to the Sooners, they have outscored their opponent 210-42. But, still have that L.

4. Michigan State (4-1, 1-0) - Last Week: 5 -The Spartans lost to a Notre Dame team that only lost to undefeated UGA. Having the lead when the monsoon arrived may have helped them, but they still won.

5. Michigan (4-1, 1-1)- Last Week: 4 - The rain had major affect on both Michigan's and MSU's offenses. Michigan has yet to allow an opponent to score more than 17 points.

6. Iowa (4-2, 1-2) - Last Week: 7 -The Hawkeyes has yet to be dominated, but their offense is very inconsistent and really haven't dominated other teams. Iowa's 2 Ls are 7 point losses to teams with combined 10-1 record. Illinois may be Iowa's weakest opponent all season.

7. Purdue (3-2, 1-1)- Last Week: 8 -The Boilermakers crack the top half of the conference in my power rankings after beating Minnesota by 14. They won 3 of their last four games and hung with with Michigan for most of that game.

8. Maryland (3-2, 1-1) - Last Week: 6 -Maryland's two losses are to undefeated UCF and 1-loss Ohio State, who has dominated since their loss. They haven't faced anybody outside those two teams.

9. Nebraska (3-3, 2-1) - Last Week: 9 - It is tough to measure how good Nebraska is. They beat the worst two teams and hung with one of the two undefeated teams for three quarters but got blown out in the fourth quarter. They did lose to NIU though.

19. Indiana (3-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 11 -Indiana has lost to Ohio State and Penn State. But they haven't faced any difficult opponent outside those two. They will be tested next week when Michigan comes to town.

11. Minnesota (3-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 10 -The Gophers won the first three games by combined score of 99-24 vs Buffalo, Oregon State, and MTSU. They lost their last two games vs their B1G opponents.

12. Northwestern (2-3, 0-2)- Last Week: 12 -The Wildcats are 1-3 in their last four games, but the 3 losses are against 4-2 Duke, and undefeated Wisconsin and Penn State. Could they turn it around at Maryland?

13. Illinois (2-3, 0-2) - Last Week: 13 - The Fighting Illini was only down by 8 points going into the final quarter against Iowa, but Iowa outscored them 21-0 in the 4th quarter. Outscored 73-22 vs B1G opponents.

14. Rutgers (1-4, 0-2) - Last Week: 14 - A bye week does not help the Rutgers when the Rutgers still has not won against a FBS opponent and been outscored 129-44 vs FBS.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that Michigan fans will be just a bit more humble this week, other that the stupid ones. I guess about 2 of them will be posting as usual, those other douchers will probably tone down their idiocy...until Meatchicken wins again...

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's schedule is turning out to be tougher than expected.

Iowa is 4-2 - L to PSU and MSU

Wyoming - 3-2 - L to Iowa and Oregon
Iowa State - 4-2 - L to Iowa and Texas
North Texas - 3-2 - L to SMU and Iowa
Penn State - 6-0
Michigan State - 4-1 - L to Notre Dame
Illinois - 2-3 - L to USF, Nebraska, Iowa

So far - 22-10 (20-6 excluding Iowa's games)

Northwestern - 2-3 - L to Duke, Wis, PSU
Minnesota - 3-2 - L to MD and Pur
Ohio State - 5-1 - L to Okla
Wisconsin - 5-0
Purdue - 3-2 - L to Lou and Mich
Nebraska - 3-3 - L to Ore, NIU, Wis

Yet to play - 21-11
Entire schedule - 43-21 (41-17 excluding Iowa's games)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that Michigan fans will be just a bit more humble this week, other that the stupid ones. I guess about 2 of them will be posting as usual, those other douchers will probably tone down their idiocy...until Meatchicken wins again...
I imagine it is going to be excuse central saying if Speight was in there, they would have won. That includes the one who were calling for O'Korn to start before yesterday.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile.... in the Big House's visiting locker room, Dantonio gets his funk on:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel so pessimistic about Iowa's offense. Iowa's offense has only had 2 bad games - Penn State and Michigan State. PSU isn't amazing, but I find them having a strong defense. Michigan is up there with Michigan and Wisconsin.

#3 PENN STATE

- Allowed Yards/Game - 12st (NCAA), 4th (B1G)
- Allowed Pass Yards/Game - 16th (NCAA), 3rd (B1G)
- Allowed Rush Yards/Game - 27th (NCAA), 4th (B1G)
- Allowed Points/Game - 1st (NCAA), 1st (NCAA)

#22 MICHIGAN STATE

- Allowed Yards/Game - 4th (NCAA), 2nd (B1G)
- Allowed Pass Yards/Game - 13th (NCAA), 2nd (B1G)
- Allowed Rush Yards/Game - 12th (NCAA), 3rd (B1G)
- Allowed Points/Game - 13th (NCAA), 5th (B1G)
-

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the B1G at 14 teams, who do you believe they go after next to get to 16? I believe it's inevitable they're heading in that direction, but the big question is which schools do they target? Probably B12 teams or do they still have their gaze fixed east at the population centers?

I love these types of nonsense.

The B1G did not put an office in Washington DC because it wants to west or north or south. The B1G still has eyes on the Atlantic Coast and its population. Think Virginia, North Carolina, or Georgia.

I do not think ANY North Carolina school would leave the ACC. Not now, not ever. They control the ACC.
That leaves Virginia and Georgia.

From my research over the years, Virginia views itself as a southern state and considers the B1G a yankee. Virginia loves the ACC. This is why we have West Virginia, West Virginia had Yankee views while Virginia had southern views.

Only one school left, Georgia Tech. The B1G could be just like General Sherman and march through the south to Atlanta.

Before Oklahoma put themself into play, I always thought it would be KANSAS and Virginia.

Kansas to put a basketball power in the B1G West to compete with any team not named Nebraska.

Virginia only because it would surround Washington DC and the cash spigot of research dollars with all B1G schools.

Then, Oklahoma put itself sort of in play. When Oklahoma went into play, that puts Texas in play, because Texas would have no one in the Big 12 that is on its own swelled head level.

Now, Texas does not like going where it cannot control the voting, so Texas would try two things
1. Bring in more teams from Texas
2. Make it so only two votes are needed to make cancel any vote. As in Texas + Oklahoma could veto all B1G votes that would hurt Texas.

The Big 12 was not smart in this matter. Hopefully, the B1G is and will not cave into Texas demands.

The big problem is State of Texas is football insane, has lots of people, and the TV networks love to slobber about Texas. And the University of Texas uses this to their advantage all the time. and they should.

That means it is Oklahoma & Kansas, Oklahoma & Texas, Kansas & Texas. Texas has no problem shafting anybody if it benefits Texas. Texas might jump at the chance to be in the B1G if it knows Oklahoma is trying to leave and Texas would take OUs spot to make OU go someplace else.

I personally think Oklahoma & Oklahoma State would be a great fit for the SEC. Football crazy conference, large stadiums, and if you could tell kids from Texas they can come to Oklahoma and play in the SEC, that is a huge recruiting plus. You go to a blue blood in football and play with the best in the SEC.

I think the B1G would jump at the chance to get a basketball blue blood and a football blue blood in Kansas and Oklahoma. I think the ACC and the SEC would also.

With all that said

Option 1 Oklahoma & Texas (this move would set the world on fire)
Option 2 Kansas & Texas (but only if it is a 100% chance Oklahoma is leaving and Kansas has secured a spot)
Option 3 Kansas + Oklahoma(Oklahoma has to keep this close to the vest and cannot let it leak)
Option 4 Kansas + Georgia Tech
Option 5 Kansas and probably somebody I did not name in this thread like UCONN or ???
Option 947 Kansas + Notre Dame I think Notre Dame has pretty much told the B1G to fuck off. I do know one thing, the Catholic Church loves money. If offered enough, Notre Dame might just do it, you know, for the benefit of the church. Yes, I know the ACC and Notre Dame sleep together even in the same bad at times until 2036 or so, but look what that got the Big East.

As always, Texas is the cherry on top and Notre Dame is still a wild card(I just don't think that much of a wild card now)

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love these types of nonsense.

The B1G did not put an office in Washington DC because it wants to west or north or south. The B1G still has eyes on the Atlantic Coast and its population. Think Virginia, North Carolina, or Georgia.

I do not think ANY North Carolina school would leave the ACC. Not now, not ever. They control the ACC.
That leaves Virginia and Georgia.

From my research over the years, Virginia views itself as a southern state and considers the B1G a yankee. Virginia loves the ACC. This is why we have West Virginia, West Virginia had Yankee views while Virginia had southern views.

Only one school left, Georgia Tech. The B1G could be just like General Sherman and march through the south to Atlanta.

Before Oklahoma put themself into play, I always thought it would be KANSAS and Virginia.

Kansas to put a basketball power in the B1G West to compete with any team not named Nebraska.

Virginia only because it would surround Washington DC and the cash spigot of research dollars with all B1G schools.

Then, Oklahoma put itself sort of in play. When Oklahoma went into play, that puts Texas in play, because Texas would have no one in the Big 12 that is on its own swelled head level.

Now, Texas does not like going where it cannot control the voting, so Texas would try two things
1. Bring in more teams from Texas
2. Make it so only two votes are needed to make cancel any vote. As in Texas + Oklahoma could veto all B1G votes that would hurt Texas.

The Big 12 was not smart in this matter. Hopefully, the B1G is and will not cave into Texas demands.

The big problem is State of Texas is football insane, has lots of people, and the TV networks love to slobber about Texas. And the University of Texas uses this to their advantage all the time. and they should.

That means it is Oklahoma & Kansas, Oklahoma & Texas, Kansas & Texas. Texas has no problem shafting anybody if it benefits Texas. Texas might jump at the chance to be in the B1G if it knows Oklahoma is trying to leave and Texas would take OUs spot to make OU go someplace else.

I personally think Oklahoma & Oklahoma State would be a great fit for the SEC. Football crazy conference, large stadiums, and if you could tell kids from Texas they can come to Oklahoma and play in the SEC, that is a huge recruiting plus. You go to a blue blood in football and play with the best in the SEC.

I think the B1G would jump at the chance to get a basketball blue blood and a football blue blood in Kansas and Oklahoma. I think the ACC and the SEC would also.

With all that said

Option 1 Oklahoma & Texas (this move would set the world on fire)
Option 2 Kansas & Texas (but only if it is a 100% chance Oklahoma is leaving and Kansas has secured a spot)
Option 3 Kansas + Oklahoma(Oklahoma has to keep this close to the vest and cannot let it leak)
Option 4 Kansas + Georgia Tech
Option 5 Kansas and probably somebody I did not name in this thread like UCONN or ???
Option 947 Kansas + Notre Dame I think Notre Dame has pretty much told the B1G to fuck off. I do know one thing, the Catholic Church loves money. If offered enough, Notre Dame might just do it, you know, for the benefit of the church. Yes, I know the ACC and Notre Dame sleep together even in the same bad at times until 2036 or so, but look what that got the Big East.

As always, Texas is the cherry on top and Notre Dame is still a wild card(I just don't think that much of a wild card now)
Based on the last two additions I'm going with Missouri and Kansas.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well see what Peters has to offer. This team is Citrus Bowl-bound at best.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, when was the last time Nebraska was a 24 point dog at home at night? Hopefully they show some fight and keep it closer than that!

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 6

1. Penn State (6-0, 3-0) - Last Week: 1 -For the 4th time this season, the Nittany Lions won by 21 points or more. They have outscored their P5 opponents 130-54. They beat Illinois 31-7 this week.

2. Wisconsin (5-0, 2-0)- Last Week: 3 -The Huskers become the first team to score in the third quarter, but were outscored 21-7 after halftime. They are on the heels of Penn State.

3. Ohio State (5-1, 3-0) - Last Week: 3 - Ever since the Buckeyes had a slow start to the Hoosiers and lost to the Sooners, they have outscored their opponent 210-42. But, still have that L.

4. Michigan State (4-1, 1-0) - Last Week: 5 -The Spartans lost to a Notre Dame team that only lost to undefeated UGA. Having the lead when the monsoon arrived may have helped them, but they still won.

5. Michigan (4-1, 1-1)- Last Week: 4 - The rain had major affect on both Michigan's and MSU's offenses. Michigan has yet to allow an opponent to score more than 17 points.

6. Iowa (4-2, 1-2) - Last Week: 7 -The Hawkeyes has yet to be dominated, but their offense is very inconsistent and really haven't dominated other teams. Iowa's 2 Ls are 7 point losses to teams with combined 10-1 record. Illinois may be Iowa's weakest opponent all season.

7. Purdue (3-2, 1-1)- Last Week: 8 -The Boilermakers crack the top half of the conference in my power rankings after beating Minnesota by 14. They won 3 of their last four games and hung with with Michigan for most of that game.

8. Maryland (3-2, 1-1) - Last Week: 6 -Maryland's two losses are to undefeated UCF and 1-loss Ohio State, who has dominated since their loss. They haven't faced anybody outside those two teams.

9. Nebraska (3-3, 2-1) - Last Week: 9 - It is tough to measure how good Nebraska is. They beat the worst two teams and hung with one of the two undefeated teams for three quarters but got blown out in the fourth quarter. They did lose to NIU though.

19. Indiana (3-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 11 -Indiana has lost to Ohio State and Penn State. But they haven't faced any difficult opponent outside those two. They will be tested next week when Michigan comes to town.

11. Minnesota (3-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 10 -The Gophers won the first three games by combined score of 99-24 vs Buffalo, Oregon State, and MTSU. They lost their last two games vs their B1G opponents.

12. Northwestern (2-3, 0-2)- Last Week: 12 -The Wildcats are 1-3 in their last four games, but the 3 losses are against 4-2 Duke, and undefeated Wisconsin and Penn State. Could they turn it around at Maryland?

13. Illinois (2-3, 0-2) - Last Week: 13 - The Fighting Illini was only down by 8 points going into the final quarter against Iowa, but Iowa outscored them 21-0 in the 4th quarter. Outscored 73-22 vs B1G opponents.

14. Rutgers (1-4, 0-2) - Last Week: 14 - A bye week does not help the Rutgers when the Rutgers still has not won against a FBS opponent and been outscored 129-44 vs FBS.

The only reason Nebraska scored in the second half was because of the pick six from Hornytoad. This guy will be the reason the Badgers don't go undefeated after the regular season.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, when was the last time Nebraska was a 24 point dog at home at night? Hopefully they show some fight and keep it closer than that!
61? i think dont quote me but around that time frame