• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Wisconsin (6-0, 3-0)- Last Week: 2 -The Badgers defense is among the best in the B1G. Taylor could likely be better than Barkley when taking the hand off. Barkley is more versatile. They could likely have the best OL corp in the country. The defense definitely saved them this week vs Northwestern.

You Drank?

:drink:

Wisconsin played Purdue, not Northwestern...hehe.

:bounce:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Drank?

:drink:

Wisconsin played Purdue, not Northwestern...hehe.

:bounce:

I know I messed up somewhere. I actually had it wrong in NW and corrected it. But the statement is true, just the opponent is wrong. :doh:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 7

1. Penn State (6-0, 3-0) - Last Week: 1 -I almost bumped PSU down for the Buckeyes. PSU doesn't score as the Buckeyes do, but they keep teams out of the end zone. Only MSU has allowed less vs B1G, but MSU's offense has scored over 120 less points (66 pts less vs B1G).

2. Ohio State (6-1, 4-0) - Last Week: 3 - The Buckeyes loss is starting to get too far away. They could very likely be the most complete team in the B1G. Even though they have an extra B1G, they have scored 223 (55.7 PPG) vs B1G opponents. Next is PSU with 97 (32.3 PPG) vs B1G in 3 games. He has only allowed 9 more points vs B1G. Almost bumped them to #1.

3. Wisconsin (6-0, 3-0)- Last Week: 2 -The Badgers defense is among the best in the B1G. Taylor could likely be better than Barkley when taking the hand off. Barkley is more versatile. They could likely have the best OL corp in the country. The defense definitely saved them this week vs Northwestern.

4. Michigan State (5-1, 3-0) - Last Week: 4 - The Gophers nearly rallied from a 23-6 point 4th quarter deficit, but MSU recovered the onside kick with a minute left, winning 30-27. The 21 points MSU gave up in the fourth quarter was more than BGSU, Iowa, and Michigan scored in their game vs MSU. ND is the only team to score more. MSU is 3rd vs B1G in PA, but they are 10th vs B1G in PF. Great defense. Cannot same the same about their offense.

5. Michigan (5-1, 2-1)- Last Week: 5 - The Wolverines have not totally dominated a B1G opponent yet. They ran away with it in the 4th quarter vs Purdue. Weather clearly played a big factor vs MSU, but MSU still led when the monsoon started. Now the Hoosiers forced OT. UM's defense had a great goal line stand in OT.

6. Iowa (4-2, 1-2) - Last Week: 6 - The bye week does not help the Hawkeyes. Every team below them, except Rutgers, were defeated this week and every team above them won their games. Iowa's only defeats this season were to PSU by 2 and MSU by 7. They hope the offense tuned up vs Illinois and a week off will help them help the defense.

7. Purdue (3-3, 1-2)- Last Week: 7 - Wisconsin nearly gave Purdue every opportunity to win (it seemed), and Purdue could not capitalize on it vs Wisconsin's strong pass rush and their brutal defense. They haven't looked bad in any of their losses, but they haven't looked good either. Not bad considering they were bottom feeders for quite some time.

8. Northwestern (3-3, 1-2)- Last Week: 12 - The Wildcats rises to #8 after beating the Terps by 16 points. Even though they were dominated by Penn State, they nearly made a great 2nd half rally on Wisconsin before giving up a safety a few weeks back. B1G stats won't look that good when you have PSU and Wisconsin in back-to-back weeks.

9. Nebraska (3-4, 2-2) - Last Week: 9 - How good is the Huskers? They were 2-0 vs B1G's worst teams and 0-2 vs two Top 10 B1G teams. Are they better than that team that lost to Northern Illinois? Only Maryland has allowed more points both in the season and vs B1G. But they are 4th in PF vs B1G opponents.

10. Maryland (3-3, 1-2)
- Last Week: 8 - The Terps at one point looked like to be the dark horse of the B1G. But losing a few QBs does have an affect on an offense. Losing to UCF and Ohio State does not look that bad right now, but being outscored 100-24 between the two teams does. They also by 16 to NW this week hurts.

11. Indiana (3-3, 0-3) - Last Week: 10 - The Hoosiers are 7th in the B1G East as the only team to not win a B1G game in that division. But when your three B1G games are Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan, B1G stats might not look so good. But, their wins vs Georgia Southern and and Charlston Southern don't help here. However, I have a feeling their remaining schedule might be looking better for them.

12. Minnesota (3-3, 0-3) - Last Week: 11 - The Gophers outscored the Spartans 21-6 in the fourth quarter. For one quarter, they actually looked good, as they were losing 23-6 heading into the fourth quarter. They also lost to Maryland and Purdue and only have wins vs Buffalo, Oregon State, and MTSU.

13. Rutgers (2-4, 1-2) - Last Week: 14 - The Scarlet Knights had not beaten an FBS opponent until this week.

14. Illinois (2-4, 0-3) - Last Week: 13 - I don't think there is any question now who the worst B1G team is at this point. The two worst battled it out this week.
Are we sure the monsoon played a role in the MSU vs Michigan game? Take away yesterday's 60 yard run that Higdon was untouched, which wouldn't have happened against State, Michigan only put up 13 points against Indiana who's defense is worse than State's. Unless you are saying State would have put even more on the board because we would have passed more than once in the second half, then carry on.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 7

1. Penn State (6-0, 3-0) - Last Week: 1 -I almost bumped PSU down for the Buckeyes. PSU doesn't score as the Buckeyes do, but they keep teams out of the end zone. Only MSU has allowed less vs B1G, but MSU's offense has scored over 120 less points (66 pts less vs B1G).

2. Ohio State (6-1, 4-0) - Last Week: 3 - The Buckeyes loss is starting to get too far away. They could very likely be the most complete team in the B1G. Even though they have an extra B1G, they have scored 223 (55.7 PPG) vs B1G opponents. Next is PSU with 97 (32.3 PPG) vs B1G in 3 games. He has only allowed 9 more points vs B1G. Almost bumped them to #1.

4. Michigan State (5-1, 3-0) - Last Week: 4 - The Gophers nearly rallied from a 23-6 point 4th quarter deficit, but MSU recovered the onside kick with a minute left, winning 30-27. The 21 points MSU gave up in the fourth quarter was more than BGSU, Iowa, and Michigan scored in their game vs MSU. ND is the only team to score more. MSU is 3rd vs B1G in PA, but they are 10th vs B1G in PF. Great defense. Cannot same the same about their offense.

5. Michigan (5-1, 2-1)- Last Week: 5 - The Wolverines have not totally dominated a B1G opponent yet. They ran away with it in the 4th quarter vs Purdue. Weather clearly played a big factor vs MSU, but MSU still led when the monsoon started. Now the Hoosiers forced OT. UM's defense had a great goal line stand in OT.

6. Iowa (4-2, 1-2) - Last Week: 6 - The bye week does not help the Hawkeyes. Every team below them, except Rutgers, were defeated this week and every team above them won their games. Iowa's only defeats this season were to PSU by 2 and MSU by 7. They hope the offense tuned up vs Illinois and a week off will help them help the defense.

7. Purdue (3-3, 1-2)- Last Week: 7 - Wisconsin nearly gave Purdue every opportunity to win (it seemed), and Purdue could not capitalize on it vs Wisconsin's strong pass rush and their brutal defense. They haven't looked bad in any of their losses, but they haven't looked good either. Not bad considering they were bottom feeders for quite some time.

8. Northwestern (3-3, 1-2)- Last Week: 12 - The Wildcats rises to #8 after beating the Terps by 16 points. Even though they were dominated by Penn State, they nearly made a great 2nd half rally on Wisconsin before giving up a safety a few weeks back. B1G stats won't look that good when you have PSU and Wisconsin in back-to-back weeks.

9. Nebraska (3-4, 2-2) - Last Week: 9 - How good is the Huskers? They were 2-0 vs B1G's worst teams and 0-2 vs two Top 10 B1G teams. Are they better than that team that lost to Northern Illinois? Only Maryland has allowed more points both in the season and vs B1G. But they are 4th in PF vs B1G opponents.

10. Maryland (3-3, 1-2)
- Last Week: 8 - The Terps at one point looked like to be the dark horse of the B1G. But losing a few QBs does have an affect on an offense. Losing to UCF and Ohio State does not look that bad right now, but being outscored 100-24 between the two teams does. They also by 16 to NW this week hurts.

11. Indiana (3-3, 0-3) - Last Week: 10 - The Hoosiers are 7th in the B1G East as the only team to not win a B1G game in that division. But when your three B1G games are Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan, B1G stats might not look so good. But, their wins vs Georgia Southern and and Charlston Southern don't help here. However, I have a feeling their remaining schedule might be looking better for them.

12. Minnesota (3-3, 0-3) - Last Week: 11 - The Gophers outscored the Spartans 21-6 in the fourth quarter. For one quarter, they actually looked good, as they were losing 23-6 heading into the fourth quarter. They also lost to Maryland and Purdue and only have wins vs Buffalo, Oregon State, and MTSU.

13. Rutgers (2-4, 1-2) - Last Week: 14 - The Scarlet Knights had not beaten an FBS opponent until this week.

14. Illinois (2-4, 0-3) - Last Week: 13 - I don't think there is any question now who the worst B1G team is at this point. The two worst battled it out this week.

Alright!!!! Wisconsin won again and fell in the polls. All is right in the world.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sure the monsoon played a role in the MSU vs Michigan game? Take away yesterday's 60 yard run that Higdon was untouched, which wouldn't have happened against State, Michigan only put up 13 points against Indiana who's defense is worse than State's. Unless you are saying State would have put even more on the board because we would have passed more than once in the second half, then carry on.

I think the rain hurt both teams.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but they are best in the west

And I have them 3 spots above the next B1G West team. If they lose (unless it is to 2-loss Iowa), they will still be above any B1G West team, maybe above 1-loss Michigan.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost 200 vcash to @Sgt Brutus 1300 to SportsHoopla bookie and my avi for 2 weeks cuz nebraska couldnt not get blown out when i took +24.5 Nebraska SMH

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying they look as powerful as Ohio State and Penn State?

You people actually are beginning to think I'm serious? Next game:Matyland

My fondest dream for this year is Wisconsin wins out, gets left out of the playoffs, then wins its bowl game. Finishes 14-0 with no other undefeated teams

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Across The Field I am here to pay my debt lay it on me.
Oh shit, that's right. Here you go:

fde24b70bc597d6c4c12694e6f39a146--big-bang-theory-penny-pig-tails.jpg

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've grow stronger and stronger coming into the bye week. Everything has led to this PSU game. Revenge in the shoe. We must crush them.

giphy.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've grow stronger and stronger coming into the bye week. Everything has led to this PSU game. Revenge in the shoe. We must crush them.

giphy.gif
Well at least you have accepted that Ohio State is evil.