• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to compare how your defense fared against a team. You take all the games they played against OTHER teams, then compare it to what they did against you.
I'm not doing that. If you really think you faced 4 powerhouse offenses and want to try and pull out data, be my guest. Florida's offense is notoriously trash, I couldn't name a single player on Cincy's offense, which is playing under a defensive guy with barely 1 year of real HC experience, Air Force has one game against SDSU and one against a program I didn't even know existed, and Purdue is Purdue.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not doing that. If you really think you faced 4 powerhouse offenses and want to try and pull out data, be my guest. Florida's offense is notoriously trash, I couldn't name a single player on Cincy's offense, which is playing under a defensive guy with barely 1 year of real HC experience, Air Force has one game against SDSU and one against a program I didn't even know existed, and Purdue is Purdue.

You don't have to do that. I did it already. If you are going to compare a defense to how they fared against a team, you always remove the numbers put up against you and see how they look against what they put up against everyone else.

And no one said anything about facing powerhouse offenses. I just stated a fact. They listed Wiscy, Minnesota and PSU for best defense. I pointed out UM is #1 in the nation in total defense and #1 in the nation in sacks. That is all.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to do that. I did it already. If you are going to compare a defense to how they fared against a team, you always remove the numbers put up against you and see how they look against what they put up against everyone else.

And no one said anything about facing powerhouse offenses. I just stated a fact. They listed Wiscy, Minnesota and PSU for best defense. I pointed out UM is #1 in the nation in total defense and #1 in the nation in sacks. That is all.
So it's easy to see these offenses you've faced a pretty shitty. If you want to call yourself the best defense because you've faced 4 of the weakest offenses in the nation, I guess you can go ahead.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff again

giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's easy to see these offenses you've faced a pretty shitty. If you want to call yourself the best defense because you've faced 4 of the weakest offenses in the nation, I guess you can go ahead.
So who is the best defense in the B1G, and why?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 4 games in, it's way too early to say definitively. michigan's defense has looked good, but has faced nobody with any sort of teeth whatsoever on offense. Same with Wisconsin and Minnesota, but probably even worse than michigan. At this point, I'd say Penn St. has the strongest case to be made.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan
Ohio St
PSU
Iowa
Wisconsin

could be any one of them, need to see some conference play before we know

Michigan would be my pick so far

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 4 games in, it's way too early to say definitively. michigan's defense has looked good, but has faced nobody with any sort of teeth whatsoever on offense. Same with Wisconsin and Minnesota, but probably even worse than michigan. At this point, I'd say Penn St. has the strongest case to be made.
Penn State has played no one and Iowa doesn't have a great offense. Atleast we shut down Purdue, whom will put up some numbers in the B1G.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State has played no one and Iowa doesn't have a great offense. Atleast we shut down Purdue, whom will put up some numbers in the B1G.
Iowa: 367 ypg/29.5 ppg - "Doesn't have a great offense"
Purdue: 392 ypg/29.3 ppg - "Will put up some numbers in the B1G."

:burt:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do idiot fans constantly try to pass conjecture off as fact? Fucking retarded. Argue who has the best defense at the end of the season. Right now no matter how much you argue one way or the other it makes absolutely no difference on how the games will turn out.

Nebraska wins natty 2020 Fact!!!!! YEAHHH WE'RE BACK (in 2020)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa played no one then PSU. Purdue played Louisville and Michigan.
Louisville has given up 28 points to Purdue, 35 points to NC, and 47 points to Clemson. They have a shit defense so far.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do idiot fans constantly try to pass conjecture off as fact? Fucking retarded. Argue who has the best defense at the end of the season. Right now no matter how much you argue one way or the other it makes absolutely no difference on how the games will turn out.

The fact is, Michigan is statistically the number 1 defense right now. They were the number 1 defense last year as well. The issues with Michigan is obviously the offense. I still think they could give up some big yardage a couple of times this year, but their defense is great.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same Louisville that's 85th in PPG allowed? That gave up 35 to a shit UNC team?
Penn State has played 3 shit teams and Iowa. There is no way anyone can call them the best defense. Wisconsin has a better case than them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 93rd ranked offense is the best PSU has faced. The 3 others are in the 100's. If UM has faced shitty offenses, what has PSU faced?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 93rd ranked offense is the best PSU has faced. The 3 others are in the 100's. If UM has faced shitty offenses, what has PSU faced?
Really can't argue, but PSU is not the one I would choose now for having the best defense.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is, Michigan is statistically the number 1 defense right now. They were the number 1 defense last year as well. The issues with Michigan is obviously the offense. I still think they could give up some big yardage a couple of times this year, but their defense is great.
Congrats? Now lets assume michigan has the best defense, just like it did last year, what difference does that make? What is with this pissing contest.... what will it inevitably prove/disprove? tOSU, PSU, UM will all play one another at some point.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like the fans who argue about 20 years ago and two teams that never faced each other? Now THAT is idiotic. At least we are talking about today. :suds:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats? Now lets assume michigan has the best defense, just like it did last year, what difference does that make? What is with this pissing contest.... what will it inevitably prove/disprove? tOSU, PSU, UM will all play one another at some point.
NO pissing contest but I laugh at the notion that PSU is considered the best defense right now. Also you are the same fans that talk about 1997 like it were today. Speaking of old and irrelevant pissing contests.