• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, they hadn't, and we scored 10. Congrats on that one good game, I guess? Don't see what it has to do with this year.

Oklahoma and Indiana offensively >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone michigan has faced. It's not even close. Not even remotely close. Until you beat a team that is even slightly decent offensively, your defense is good but unproven. I'd be more than willing to bet that michigan wouldn't hold Baker Mayfield and Oklahoma to 3 points for an entire half, for starters. That alone is more impressive than any defensive showing so far by michigan.

You got lit up by OU and IU. What does that have to do with anything? You have to actually stop a team to brag about playing them. If UM had given up almost 1000 yards to OU and IU, the LAST thing I'd be doing is coming in here talking about defense.

Let this sink in -- OU and IU completed over 70% of their passes for 800 yards and 6 touchdowns.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Weber is a RB. On offense.

:pound: Congrats on the 2 yard offensive drive. :pound:

Just be thankful the ref blew the false start that should have been called on OSU or the offense would have had to go almost 20 yards and probably settled for a FG

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just be thankful the ref blew the false start that should have been called on OSU or the offense would have had to go almost 20 yards and probably settled for a FG
So our offense scored on you? A TD?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im STILL waiting on the link where UM didn't average 40 ppg last year? Funny you haven't found one yet. Let me know when you figure out why.

That being said -- 17 points counted against UM's defense. 17 points was scored by OSU. Only 3 was by their actual offense.
Show me a scoreboard where Ohio State only scored 3 points in regulation in that game.

As soon as the defense takes possession they become the offense and your offense becomes the defense. You stated that. So 17 points were scored on your defense.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got lit up by OU and IU. What does that have to do with anything? You have to actually stop a team to brag about playing them. If UM had given up almost 1000 yards to OU and IU, the LAST thing I'd be doing is coming in here talking about defense.

Let this sink in -- OU and IU completed over 70% of their passes for 800 yards and 6 touchdowns.
Oklahoma: Averaging 48 ppg/606 ypg: Got 33/490 against OSU
Indiana: Averaging 35.7 ppg/404 ypg: Got 21/437 against OSU

From a points perspective, we actually shut them both down relatively speaking. Remember, OU had 3 points in the first half.

I'm bringing it up because if OSU and michigan swapped schedules, our defense would look like world-beaters too, while you guys would look just as bad as us, if not worse.

Let this sink in -- you haven't faced an offense that's even in the top half of the FBS yet. Florida was missing half their team, while the other teams you faced barely have any semblance of offense whatsoever.

One thing I will say is this - if you guys don't get your offense fixed by November, it might not matter how good your defense is. We might only need 17 to get out of AA with a win.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a scoreboard where Ohio State only scored 3 points in regulation in that game.

As soon as the defense takes possession they become the offense and your offense becomes the defense. You stated that. So 17 points were scored on your defense.

You finally get it. The first lesson is free, if I need to teach you more, it is going to cost you.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You finally get it. The first lesson is free, if I need to teach you more, it is going to cost you.
Then shut up about the 3 points in regulation. They scored 17 on your defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From a points perspective, we actually shut them both down relatively speaking. Remember, OU had 3 points in the first half.

I'm bringing it up because if OSU and michigan swapped schedules, our defense would look like world-beaters too, while you guys would look just as bad as us, if not worse.

Let this sink in -- you haven't faced an offense that's even in the top half of the FBS yet. Florida was missing half their team, while the other teams you faced barely have any semblance of offense whatsoever.

One thing I will say is this - if you guys don't get your offense fixed by November, it might not matter how good your defense is. We might only need 17 to get out of AA with a win.

Remember OU was their own worst enemy in the first half. They put up 250 yards of offense, but fumbled twice, missed a FG and turned the ball over on downs. The only difference in the first and second half of that game was OU held onto the ball.

OSU was lucky they only lost by 16 or 17 -- it should have been much worse.

Lastly -- if you'd like a breakdown of the teams faced, here you go:

1. Florida -- avg 375 ypg. 200 against UM
2. Purdue -- avg 450 ypg. 200 against UM
3. Air Force -- avg 475 ypg. 200 against UM
4. Cincinnati -- avg 375 ypg. 200 against UM

One of them had 230 in a game and a few had less than 200. I just estimated each. I.can do PPG too if you'd like.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan vs. Ohio State - Game Summary - November 26, 2016 - ESPN

I am really confused here

ESPN says it was a 13 yard drive in he 3rd quarter. Mike Weber scores.

Even a video of it.

Here is the play by play of that game

Michigan vs. Ohio State - Play-By-Play - November 26, 2016 - ESPN

As usual, TrustmeIamright does not want to let facts get in the way.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you don't have to tell me about our offense. I still think UM loses multiple games. Next year is the year I'm looking forward to. Anything UM does this year is bonus.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even a video of it.

OSU's Center had a false start, the refs missed it and called encroachment on UM. Harbaugh had one of his temper tantrums and threw his clipboard on the field, unsportsmanlike penalty. Ended up putting the ball on the 2 or 3 yard line.

That is going off memory. So I may have missed a play. But after the penalties, Weber had nothing but I dive play into the end zone.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember OU was their own worst enemy in the first half. They put up 250 yards of offense, but fumbled twice, missed a FG and turned the ball over on downs. The only difference in the first and second half of that game was OU held onto the ball.

OSU was lucky they only lost by 16 or 17 -- it should have been much worse.

Lastly -- if you'd like a breakdown of the teams faced, here you go:

1. Florida -- avg 375 ypg. 200 against UM
2. Purdue -- avg 450 ypg. 200 against UM
3. Air Force -- avg 475 ypg. 200 against UM
4. Cincinnati -- avg 375 ypg. 200 against UM

One of them had 230 in a game and a few had less than 200. I just estimated each. I.can do PPG too if you'd like.
Remember OSU was their own worst enemy the entire game. They repeatedly gauged Oklahoma on the ground, but decided to almost completely go away from the run in the second half when Dobbins and Weber did a great job putting them in position to get TDs, drives that all ended up in FGs.

OU was lucky to win by as much as they did. In fact, the game would've looked a whole lot different had OSU decided to control the tempo and the clock with their run game, which looked amazing all night long, instead of trying to rely on JT Barrett's mediocre arm.

Lastly -- your yardage numbers are very, very wrong.

Florida -- avg 322 ypg/23.7 ppg
Purdue -- avg 392 ypg/29.3 ppg
Air Force - avg 382 ypg/33 ppg (62 against VMI, this number is extremely skewed)
Cincinnati - avg 311 ypg/23.3 ppg

These are all powerfully pathetic offenses.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't have to tell me about our offense. I still think UM loses multiple games. Next year is the year I'm looking forward to. Anything UM does this year is bonus.
I'm starting to feel that away about OSU, honestly. It's very clear that our offense is capped with Barrett starting. Thankfully Dobbins is a beast. We'll bring back a ton of talent next year for Haskins/Burrow to work with thankfully. Who knows? Maybe we luck out and Barrett gets a minor injury, not so bad that it's crippling but bad enough that he misses a couple months or so.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU's Center had a false start, the refs missed it and called encroachment on UM. Harbaugh had one of his temper tantrums and threw his clipboard on the field, unsportsmanlike penalty. Ended up putting the ball on the 2 or 3 yard line.

That is going off memory. So I may have missed a play. But after the penalties, Weber had nothing but I dive play into the end zone.

Yup, Offensive Running Back Weber scored.

Once you finish your game of solitaire, maybe you can check your posts about the Ohio State offense not scoring. We can wait.

fonctionnaire-consciencieuse.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember OSU was their own worst enemy the entire game. They repeatedly gauged Oklahoma on the ground, but decided to almost completely go away from the run in the second half when Dobbins and Weber did a great job putting them in position to get TDs, drives that all ended up in FGs.

OU was lucky to win by as much as they did. In fact, the game would've looked a whole lot different had OSU decided to control the tempo and the clock with their run game, which looked amazing all night long, instead of trying to rely on JT Barrett's mediocre arm.

Lastly -- your yardage numbers are very, very wrong.

Florida -- avg 322 ypg/23.7 ppg
Purdue -- avg 392 ypg/29.3 ppg
Air Force - avg 382 ypg/33 ppg (62 against VMI, this number is extremely skewed)
Cincinnati - avg 311 ypg/23.3 ppg

These are all powerfully pathetic offenses.

Take the game against UM out when you are calculating those numbers

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even a video of it.

Yep. 9 yards in penalties. 4 yards of offense.

Now start worrying about your Huskers instead of the rest of the conference.