• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings - after week 2

1) Wisconsin (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 1 - Badgers led 30-10 at halftime and totally dominated Akron. W over LSU is keeping them #1 right now.
2) Ohio State (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 2 - Given they really haven't faced anybody, it is tough to say if they are this great or the other team is that bad. But they are looking very good.
3) Michigan (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 3 - Outrushed by UCF, but Michigan destroyed the Knights. They were a good team.
4) Iowa (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 4 - Iowa completely dominated Iowa State. Worst blowout in this rivalry under Kirk Ferentz.
5) Nebraska (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 5 - Huskers have a big game coming up that could move them up, but they have looked very good.
6) Minnesota (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 6 - The Gophers dominated Indiana State. Leidner had 295 yards passing with 4 TDs and McCrary had 176 yards rushing with 2 TDs.
7) Maryland (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 10 - Perry Hills had a big game as threw 210 yards for 3 TDs. They bump MSU.
9) Indiana (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 12 - Don't let the 10-point victory fool you, Indiana dominated Ball State. Hoosiers had a 30-0 lead in the 3rd quarter. Lagow had 266 passing yards with 3 TDs.
8) Michigan State (1-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 7 - With Furman game failing to reach expectations for the Spartans, the bye week drops them down to 9th, as Terps and Hoosiers dominated.
10) Penn State (1-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 11 - McSorley had a big day as he threw over 300 yards, but the Nittany Lions did give up 42 points
11) Illinois (1-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 9 - At halftime, their game vs UNC looked to be a good one as they trailed 24-16, but they were outscored 24-7 in the 2nd half (17 of UNC's happened in the 4th).
12) Purdue (1-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 8 - David Blough had over 400 yards passing in their loss to Cincinnati, but the Boilermakers were down 31-7 in the 4th quarter.
13) Rutgers (1-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 13 - Rutgers got pummeled by UDub in week 1 and dominated Howard, but it was tied at 14 at the half.
14) Northwestern (0-2, 0-0) - Last Week: 14 - B1G's only winless team came by a MAC and a FCS team.
Um is Michigan state 8th or 9th, your numbers are confusing me.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG 12-2 with a fluke play loss and the worst BIG team losing on the road to perhaps the second best Pac team. Every other conference went slightly above .500. Good start so far let's see how we finish our OOC games.

MSU vs ND
Mich vs Col
OSU vs Oaklahoma
Nebraska vs Oregon

Badgers did their part now hopefully these teams can pull through with W's. BIG should be favorites in all the games except maybe Neb which might be a 3 pt spread in favor of Oregon.

ND is a 7.5 point favorite against MSU this weekend, FYI.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings - after week 2

1) Wisconsin (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 1 - Badgers led 30-10 at halftime and totally dominated Akron. W over LSU is keeping them #1 right now.
2) Ohio State (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 2 - Given they really haven't faced anybody, it is tough to say if they are this great or the other team is that bad. But they are looking very good.
3) Michigan (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 3 - Outrushed by UCF, but Michigan destroyed the Knights. They were a good team.

UCF a good team? The same UCF that went winless last year? LMFAO .... mmmmkay
Michigan has played two of the worst teams in the country .... LITERALLY.

Last edited:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerms has just been drinking the Maize Kool-Aid.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCF is no juggernaut, but we have no idea if they are one of the worst teams in the country this year. I agree that last year, they were. I don't know what kind of coach Scott Frost is going to be, but there are many examples of the right coach coming in and making big leaps forward.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: Thank you. Indiana 8, MSU 9
Can't agree with that. I think MSU is average, but still much better than Indiana. Indiana might take someone out they're not supposed to but I don't think they're THAT good.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is no juggernaut, but we have no idea if they are one of the worst teams in the country this year.
If the Knights can win four games, this season would be a huge success for them. To expect them to be better than the bottom 25% of the FBS would be unrealistic for even the most optimistic of Michigan fans.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF is no juggernaut, but we have no idea if they are one of the worst teams in the country this year. I agree that last year, they were. I don't know what kind of coach Scott Frost is going to be, but there are many examples of the right coach coming in and making big leaps forward.

I'm not saying it to knock Michigan ... few teams have played anyone yet. I just found it ironic that iowajerms stated Ohio State hasn't played anyone, while saying UCF was a good team and it was a good win for Michigan.

I mean ... Ohio State played BGSU, who won their conference last year. They also played Tulsa, who actually has a solid offense. I don't think you can take much from ANY of these wins but iowajerms went full retard with his comments.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Knights can win four games, this season would be a huge success for them. To expect them to be better than the bottom 25% of the FBS would be unrealistic for even the most optimistic of Michigan fans.

Who is expecting them to be better than the bottom 25%? I was simply saying we don't know how good, or bad, UCF is going to be two weeks into the season. The only thing we know is they crushed SC St, and were crushed by Michigan. That's on par with me saying I run faster than Butterbean but slower than Denard Robinson.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is expecting them to be better than the bottom 25%? I was simply saying we don't know how good, or bad, UCF is going to be two weeks into the season. The only thing we know is they crushed SC St, and were crushed by Michigan. That's on par with me saying I run faster than Butterbean but slower than Denard Robinson.
And we know last year they had the running speed of Walter Jr from Breaking Bad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is expecting them to be better than the bottom 25%? I was simply saying we don't know how good, or bad, UCF is going to be two weeks into the season. The only thing we know is they crushed SC St, and were crushed by Michigan.

How good or bad is UCF? cbssports.com currently has them ranked 114th out of 128 FBS programs. Which means they aren't good this year. Hell UNLV (87th) is ranked higher than them!:D

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it to knock Michigan ... few teams have played anyone yet. I just found it ironic that iowajerms stated Ohio State hasn't played anyone, while saying UCF was a good team and it was a good win for Michigan.

I mean ... Ohio State played BGSU, who won their conference last year. They also played Tulsa, who actually has a solid offense. I don't think you can take much from ANY of these wins but iowajerms went full retard with his comments.

It's okay, I didn't take it as a knock on Michigan. They're called paycheck games for a reason. Based on last season, Michigan has one of the weakest OOC schedules in the country. That's just a fact. Will it look different at the end of the season, when we know how good teams are, likely not.

I'm hoping this year's schedule was an accident. I'm not sure if ND would have been on the schedule this year, if the series wasn't cancelled. I'd like to believe Michigan tried to get someone good to fill the void, but I have no idea if that happened or not.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good or bad is UCF? cbssports.com currently has them ranked 114th out of 128 FBS programs. Which means they aren't good this year. Hell UNLV (87th) is ranked higher than them!:D

In 2014, how far down did CBS drop Ohio State after the loss to VT? We all know how that season ended. I think I'll wait to see things play out on the field for a few more weeks before I make any judgments. :suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014, how far down did CBS drop Ohio State after the loss to VT? We all know how that season ended. I think I'll wait to see things play out on the field for a few more weeks before I make any judgments. :suds:

Wow what an awful comparison. Look where Ohio State started the season in '14 & look @ where UCF was ranked to start this season. UCF could run the table & still wouldn't have a change @ all to get into the Playoffs.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what an awful comparison. Look where Ohio State started the season in '14 & look @ where UCF was ranked to start this season. UCF could run the table & still wouldn't have a change @ all to get into the Playoffs.

I wasn't trying to imply UCF has any hope of getting into the playoffs. I'm just pointing out that early season perceptions don't necessarily mean anything... especially from CBS.