• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to imply UCF has any hope of getting into the playoffs. I'm just pointing out that early season perceptions don't necessarily mean anything... especially from CBS.

You just think UCF is better than they really are in an attempt to make meeeechegan look better. And I'm guessing no matter what site I got that info from you'd have an issue w/ it. And unlike other times I'm not talking shit about the wolvereeeens schedule or anything right now. UCF simply isn't a good team. Otherwise they would have been ranked a lot higher to start the season.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just think UCF is better than they really are in an attempt to make meeeechegan look better. And I'm guessing no matter what site I got that info from you'd have an issue w/ it. And unlike other times I'm not talking shit about the wolvereeeens schedule or anything right now. UCF simply isn't a good team. Otherwise they would have been ranked a lot higher to start the season.

Relax, it's Friday.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I never said UCF was good. My whole point has always been it's too early to say anything about them being one of the worst teams in CFB or not.

You're right that I would have an issue with any site you pull rankings from; however, it has nothing to do with Michigan. I know Michigan's schedule looks weak, and I'm pretty sure it will still look that way at the end of the season.

My issue, and really it's the same issue people have with pre-season rankings, is we are saying a team is terrible based only on two games of work.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax, it's Friday.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. I never said UCF was good. My whole point has always been it's too early to say anything about them being one of the worst teams in CFB or not.

You're right that I would have an issue with any site you pull rankings from; however, it has nothing to do with Michigan. I know Michigan's schedule looks weak, and I'm pretty sure it will still look that way at the end of the season.

My issue, and really it's the same issue people have with pre-season rankings, is we are saying a team is terrible based only on two games of work.

I'm not even talking about meeeechegan's schedule. There wasn't even a reason to say that. I'm simply talking about how good UCF really is. Although go right ahead & keep thinking they're somehow better than they really are. And I'm not surprised you'd have an issue w/ any site out there that I'd get info from. I could get info from ncaa.com & you'd still have an issue w/ it.

Also what I posted wasn't a preseason ranking from cbssports.com, it was current rankings.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even talking about meeeechegan's schedule. There wasn't even a reason to say that. I'm simply talking about how good UCF really is. Although go right ahead & keep thinking they're somehow better than they really are. And I'm not surprised you'd have an issue w/ any site out there that I'd get info from. I could pull info up the ncaa.com & you'd still have an issue w/ it.

Also what I posted wasn't a preseason ranking from cbssports.com, it was current rankings.

You just think UCF is better than they really are in an attempt to make meeeechegan look better.

^ This is why I said what I said. I don't know why you think I have any motivation, or desire, to think UCF is better than they are. We are on two totally different pages here. I want to make sure we are on the same page, I don't think you are trying to bash Michigan and I'm not trying to defend them.

My only point is two games is not enough to really know if any team is great, good, mediocre, bad, terrible or whatever label you want to use. I would be saying the exact same thing if we were having a conversation about Tulsa, BGSU, Hawaii, W. Kentucky, etc.

I know the rankings you used were current. I didn't think they were preseason. I was only trying to explain why I don't like to use early season rankings as a way to say a team is good, bad or whatever. I should have said preseason or early season. That was my fault for not being clear.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I wrote that part at 2 in the morning. Lol. I'll make sure i do some proofreading from now on. I think I meant "they" to be Michigan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This is why I said what I said. I don't know why you think I have any motivation, or desire, to think UCF is better than they are. We are on two totally different pages here. I want to make sure we are on the same page, I don't think you are trying to bash Michigan and I'm not trying to defend them.

My only point is two games is not enough to really know if any team is great, good, mediocre, bad, terrible or whatever label you want to use. I would be saying the exact same thing if we were having a conversation about Tulsa, BGSU, Hawaii, W. Kentucky, etc.

I know the rankings you used were current. I didn't think they were preseason. I was only trying to explain why I don't like to use early season rankings as a way to say a team is good, bad or whatever. I should have said preseason or early season. That was my fault for not being clear.

Hey it's all good. Just wish today was tomorrow. I'm ready for a full day of CFB action. I have the BigTen network on right now & they just said for the 1st time in the 80 year history of the AP poll the 3 top teams in the country are all playing on the road against ranked opponents this weekend. Thought that was some interesting info.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How I try to base my power rankings on is how the team has looked on the field over the last 2-3 weeks. Not how good I think the team is or how I expect it to finish.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it's all good. Just wish today was tomorrow. I'm ready for a full day of CFB action. I have the BigTen network on right now & they just said for the 1st time in the 80 year history of the AP poll the 3 top teams in the country are all playing on the road against ranked opponents this weekend. Thought that was some interesting info.

Hey, now. Don't get too nice on me... the world might explode.

At the risk of bringing on Armageddon, thanks for the heads up. I'll put that on while a have a little more time before my son wakes up from his nap.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, now. Don't get too nice on me... the world might explode.

At the risk of bringing on Armageddon, thanks for the heads up. I'll put that on while a have a little more time before my son wakes up from his nap.

Is this better?

imagessdfsdf.jpg :D

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Much better, all is right with the world again :heh:

brian-reid-flew.jpg

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By years end Michigan will likely have played 4 teams that finish the year in the top 25 and 2 or 3 others that make a bowl game. If Michigan wins the B10E they'll get another game vs a top 25 team. Is that a GREAT schedule? No. Is it a bad schedule? Absolutely not. It will likely be a 30s SoS. More than adequate

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By years end Michigan will likely have played 4 teams that finish the year in the top 25 and 2 or 3 others that make a bowl game. If Michigan wins the B10E they'll get another game vs a top 25 team. Is that a GREAT schedule? No. Is it a bad schedule? Absolutely not. It will likely be a 30s SoS. More than adequate

Any team in a P5 conference who wins their conference will have an adequate schedule for the playoffs. Every P5 team has at least a few solid teams they have to play each and every year ... that's the point of a "Power" conference.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team in a P5 conference who wins their conference will have an adequate schedule for the playoffs. Every P5 team has at least a few solid teams they have to play each and every year ... that's the point of a "Power" conference.
Exactly. So why do we have the same dumb discussion every year lol

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF a good team? The same UCF that went winless last year? LMFAO .... mmmmkay
Michigan has played two of the worst teams in the country .... LITERALLY.

If the Knights can win four games, this season would be a huge success for them. To expect them to be better than the bottom 25% of the FBS would be unrealistic for even the most optimistic of Michigan fans.

In UM's defense -- the game was supposed to be ND. They replaced them with UCF in 2013, where UCF went 12-1 and won a BCS bowl.

And I'm definitely not calling UCF a juggernaut or even an average team. They are far from the worst though. Last year, the entire team just gave up -- the coach quit during the season and scott frost is now the HC and they run that hyper speed offense.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In UM's defense -- the game was supposed to be ND. They replaced them with UCF in 2013, where UCF went 12-1 and won a BCS bowl.

And I'm definitely not calling UCF a juggernaut or even an average team. They are far from the worst though. Last year, the entire team just gave up -- the coach quit during the season and scott frost is now the HC and they run that hyper speed offense.

Far from worst? I don't think so. They won't SNIFF the Top 75. If you think that's a legit opponent for a P5 school like Michigan then I don't know what to say.

Again ... not knocking Michigan ... but they are a terrible team (who ran all over Michigan btw). Michigan will have games to prove themselves, just like everyone else. But right now they have wins over cupcakes just like 98% of the country.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from worst? I don't think so. They won't SNIFF the Top 75. If you think that's a legit opponent for a P5 school like Michigan then I don't know what to say.

Again ... not knocking Michigan ... but they are a terrible team (who ran all over Michigan btw). Michigan will have games to prove themselves, just like everyone else. But right now they have wins over cupcakes just like 98% of the country.

They were scheduled in 2013 after ND pulled out of the contract with UM. When they were signed on as a replacement. They had went 12-1 and won a BCS bowl. The next year they went 9-4. Last year is when they fell apart, which had to do with the coach quitting.

And if u watched the game, you would know they didn't 'run all over UM'. Was middle of the 2nd quarter when they final got a first down and much of the yardage was on one run (87 yards) and broken plays in the 2nd half when the game was over.

And personally, from watching them play. I think they are going to be a middle of the pack team. If l, for nothing else, because they are running the Oregon offense with Scott Frost as the HC now and teams they will face lack the depth to rotate players to keep them fresh, so I think they will wear teams down.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a couple of clowns were all giddy early today but in the end the BIG goes 9-2 with wins @ !4 Oklahoma and @#18 ND. They will still have 3 teams in the top ten and 5 in the top 25. Yes Iowa lost to NDSU but they have beaten 6 power 5 conference teams in a row so they were no slouch. I'm guessing majority of the conference ratings will have BIG ranked #1 or #2 as a conference after winning their key matchups vs the top teams of the SEC, Big 12 and the Pac.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings - after week 3

1. Ohio State (3-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 2 - Buckeyes has dominated everyone. Not only dominating but in program's record fashion. Oklahoma isn't what they were in preseason, but it is still currently a big blowout win.
2. Michigan (3-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 3 - Even though it was a very slow start, the Wolverines rolled Colorado. They dominated their weaker opponents.
3. Nebraska (3-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 5 - Huskers dominated their weaker opponents and they beat the Oregon. Their rush defense almost bumped them below MSU.
4. Michigan State (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 9 - Sparty barely beat their FCS opponent in week 1. Notre Dame almost rallied from way down. MSU is above Wisconsin because they have shown they can score a lot.
5. Wisconsin (3-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 1 - Beating LSU could still be the biggest win in the B1G, but 3 of the the 4 teams ranked higher now has a big, notable win. However, they were dominant against other opponents they faced, with maybe the exception of MSU.
6. Minnesota (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 6 - Minnesota's bye week doesn't help or hurt. They passed Iowa with their loss but dropped below Michigan State because of who they beat.
7. Maryland (3-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 7 - Maryland may not have blown out UCF, but they did win. They have blown out their other opponents.
8. Iowa (2-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 4 - Iowa dominated Miami (OH) and Iowa State, but they were beaten by NDSU, top FCS school. The Bison's ran all over Iowa in the 2nd half and shut down Iowa's running game.
9. Indiana (2-0, 0-0) - Last Week: 8 - Hoosiers drop on their bye week due to Michigan State win. They haven't faced anybody and only won big in one of the games.
10. Penn State (2-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 10 - PSU beat Temple in a game that was closer than expected. This coming after losing to Pitt.
11. Rutgers (2-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 13 - Scarlet Knights did not do well against New Mexico. Their win came against a bad FCS team. They got pummeled by Washington. Worst looking winning record team in B1G.
12. Northwestern (1-2, 0-0) - Last Week: 14 - Beating Duke helped them go up two spots.
13. Illinois (1-2, 0-0) - Last Week: 11 - Illinois has now lost 2 straight weeks. Western Michigan could be a good team,but they are still a mid-major.
14. Purdue (1-1, 0-0) - Last Week: 12 - Bye week definitely hurt them.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good time for a bye week. Extra week to heal up after Oklahoma before we start conference play. Hopefully the big win doesn't go to these young'ns heads and they stay hungry. This team is going to be scary good by the end of the season.