• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knee jerk reaction to week 1: looks like Ohio State and Michigan are the class of the conference and the winner of that match will get into the CFP.

I still say Wisconsin, right now.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say Wisconsin, right now.

Based off the quality of opponent I would agree. However we need to prove we can handle a team with a good passing game (Akron actually has a decent passing game) and our passing game needs to prove we have more threats than just one WR and one TE.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knee jerk reaction to week 1: looks like Ohio State and Michigan are the class of the conference and the winner of that match will get into the CFP.

Mark my words, Michigan is the most overrated team in the country.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, we'll take care of that for you.

I'm ok with them miraculously winning the east so we can wax dat ass.

but you won't hear me complaining if you guys kill them.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure LSU is a very good team. With a bad QB they won't do much in the SEC. It's still a good win any time you beat a top rated SEC school OoC it is solid.

I am just glad the B1G West looks respectable. Letting Iowa sleep walk through a season to the B1G Championship is a bad look.

Way to much season to be played to really say who is or isn't the best of the B1G. But if OSU replacements play well quickly they will be very hard to beat.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure LSU is a very good team. With a bad QB they won't do much in the SEC. It's still a good win any time you beat a top rated SEC school OoC it is solid.

I am just glad the B1G West looks respectable. Letting Iowa sleep walk through a season to the B1G Championship is a bad look.

Way to much season to be played to really say who is or isn't the best of the B1G. But if OSU replacements play well quickly they will be very hard to beat.

The entire SEC is filled with Bad QB's and non are close to as talented as LSU with the exception of BAMA.
I'm banking on Nebraska becoming a vastly improved team this year to make the West at least 3 teams deep for top 25 teams.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is a very good team. Unfortunately, they are also a very young team and young teams tend to be inconsistent. Hope I'm wrong

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a guess, but I can see them losing 3-4 more times. I just don't think they can get past the combination of below avg QB and not a great line in front of him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess, but I can see them losing 3-4 more times. I just don't think they can get past the combination of below avg QB and not a great line in front of him.

Les Miles is through.

I don't don't want to dog the Whisky win. But if LSU actually challenges Bama this year it shows how over rated the SEC is IMO.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire SEC is filled with Bad QB's and non are close to as talented as LSU with the exception of BAMA.
I'm banking on Nebraska becoming a vastly improved team this year to make the West at least 3 teams deep for top 25 teams.

SEC likes speed QBs that can run. I view them differently. A good QB for the spread doesn't always translate to draft position or stats. Mama has had good QB play from average QBs meaning the QB doesn't give the ball away and lets the athletes make plays. LSU couldn't get out of their own way last week.

That may have a lot to do with Whisky's Defense. But I just saw a hyped top 5 team look no better than a middle of the pack B1G Team.

I have been hearing Nebraska is getting better the last 4 years. Until they can go into Iowa, Wisconsin, Columbus, East Lansing and win I won't believe it. Thats not a knock as I won't say Michigan is back until they can do the same. It's just been a different animal in the East than the West. I sure hope they do as I would hate to see Iowa win with that schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC likes speed QBs that can run. I view them differently. A good QB for the spread doesn't always translate to draft position or stats. Mama has had good QB play from average QBs meaning the QB doesn't give the ball away and lets the athletes make plays. LSU couldn't get out of their own way last week.

That may have a lot to do with Whisky's Defense. But I just saw a hyped top 5 team look no better than a middle of the pack B1G Team.

I have been hearing Nebraska is getting better the last 4 years. Until they can go into Iowa, Wisconsin, Columbus, East Lansing and win I won't believe it. Thats not a knock as I won't say Michigan is back until they can do the same. It's just been a different animal in the East than the West. I sure hope they do as I would hate to see Iowa win with that schedule.
Well Nebraksa did beat Michigan State last year, even with a bullshit call and at home, but a win none-the-less.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harbaugh is a good coach and he will eventually have you guys back in the elite conversations.

This is a prove it year for Neb as they have the coach in his second year and recruiting some talent finally.

Yes the East is probably the toughest division in the NCAA and I think it was to maintain the Mich vs MSU and OSU vs Mich matchups. The West should trade Purdue for Penn st. Not saying that will equalize it but at least we will have a team with history and that has a bright future unlike Purdue.

Well, UW will get a chance against a good passing team in Akron who won a bowl game last year and had 6 passing TD's last week. I think our secondary is suspect since it's very young. Hopefully we don't have a let down as that would severely crush any hopes.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words, Michigan is the most overrated team in the country.
IDK about in the country but maybe in the BIG. We won't know much until we face them in the BIG opener.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about in the country but maybe in the BIG. We won't know much until we face them in the BIG opener.
You are opening the B1G @ Michigan State.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles is through.

I don't don't want to dog the Whisky win. But if LSU actually challenges Bama this year it shows how over rated the SEC is IMO.

I'm not sure I'd say that. UF brought it last year and gave Bama a game... we all know how the season ended for both of those teams.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'd say that. UF brought it last year and gave Bama a game... we all know how the season ended for both of those teams.

Minus Bama I think last bowl season exposed the SEC as a whole. I think what success they had was due to a matchup advantage not a better quality teams. They can point to record but I see opponents that were not on par.

Florida was embarrassed basically at home versus UofM. When in fact, if OSU was in the playoffs and MSU was in the Rose and UofM in a BCS maybe the slotting would have been correct.

I can't see Ole Miss, LSU, Florida, or UT being #2 in the B1G. A lot can happen but sitting today thats what i see.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus Bama I think last bowl season exposed the SEC as a whole. I think what success they had was due to a matchup advantage not a better quality teams. They can point to record but I see opponents that were not on par.

Florida was embarrassed basically at home versus UofM. When in fact, if OSU was in the playoffs and MSU was in the Rose and UofM in a BCS maybe the slotting would have been correct.

I can't see Ole Miss, LSU, Florida, or UT being #2 in the B1G. A lot can happen but sitting today thats what i see.

You are correct.. the SEC lately has been a 2-team race between Bama and LSU with Ole Miss and UGA as 2nd tier teams. From there, it's a drastic drop off and does seem to be getting worse. UF is hanging around the 25 spot, but for how long?