• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to go after Sparty statue OK.
They also hit the student union, I'm less ok but whatever.
Magic Johnson statue is something else though. One, he's a basketball player. Two he kind of transcends sports with his bringing awareness to the AIDS epidemic and that it isn't a gay/drug user disease. This year Michigan fans have been especially trashy with three separate attacks, four if you want to consider the Magic and Student Union as delegate attacks, by Michigan fans on MSU landmarks and none by MSU fans that I know of. I'm curious what the "MSU isn't a rival" Michigan fans have to say about all of this vandalism by their fanbase against a non-rival?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree, that was a low blow. Most Michigan fans keep it classy, but I guess every fanbase has it's hooligans.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio going to have those kids spitting fire. He seems to take the disrespect card and really run with it.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio going to have those kids spitting fire. He seems to take the disrespect card and really run with it.
It's not like the Michigan program, players, and/or fans haven't given him enough ammunition.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this past recruiting class Michigan State never had more than 4 players on scholarship that had an offer from Michigan. I'm not talking about in each class, I mean on an 85 man roster. MSU has never really taken any players from Michigan. So Hoke was winning the recruiting battles against Dantonio, but Dantonio is an exponentially better coach than Hoke.

I certainly don't disagree about Dantonio being a better coach than Hoke. I was more targeting the time between Carr and Hoke when RR was running things.

What I think could correlate is looking at where the top pro-style kids in the area went when RR was recruiting different players. e.g. the bigger backs, OL, defensive players that wouldn't fit 3-3-5. In that case, they wouldn't have likely held an offer from Michigan at the time they signed with MSU, OSU, PSU, etc.

It's really more of a "what if" game. Is MSU what Michigan would have been if we never tried the RR experiment? The biggest problem, other than the fact that what if games are usually fruitless tasks, is that none of us really know who Michigan could have signed if they didn't bring RR in.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't disagree about Dantonio being a better coach than Hoke. I was more targeting the time between Carr and Hoke when RR was running things.

What I think could correlate is looking at where the top pro-style kids in the area went when RR was recruiting different players. e.g. the bigger backs, OL, defensive players that wouldn't fit 3-3-5. In that case, they wouldn't have likely held an offer from Michigan at the time they signed with MSU, OSU, PSU, etc.

It's really more of a "what if" game. Is MSU what Michigan would have been if we never tried the RR experiment? The biggest problem, other than the fact that what if games are usually fruitless tasks, is that none of us really know who Michigan could have signed if they didn't bring RR in.
Problem is we never will know who they would have brought in. Michigan already burned the Les Miles bridge. It might have been someone who couldn't recruit someone like Denard and Hoke would have been a complete failure from the jump and you never get those back to back top 5 classes that Harbaugh is feasting on now.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to go after Sparty statue OK.
They also hit the student union, I'm less ok but whatever.
Magic Johnson statue is something else though. One, he's a basketball player. Two he kind of transcends sports with his bringing awareness to the AIDS epidemic and that it isn't a gay/drug user disease. This year Michigan fans have been especially trashy with three separate attacks, four if you want to consider the Magic and Student Union as delegate attacks, by Michigan fans on MSU landmarks and none by MSU fans that I know of. I'm curious what the "MSU isn't a rival" Michigan fans have to say about all of this vandalism by their fanbase against a non-rival?

Unfortunately, you will always have the crowd of young, drunk and stupid on any college campus. It makes it worse, to me, that you hit a basketball statue of an AIDS survivor in anticipation for a football game. This move just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I can get a jersey on Sparty or hanging a banner at the student union. I'm not a fan of something that involves real time and effort to clean up.

I think you and I can both agree that Michigan or MSU fans saying the two schools aren't rivals are only fooling themselves. I don't care how many times Michigan has beaten Sparty or how many times Sparty has beaten Michigan, you have two power programs that are virtually walking distance apart. This is a rivalry. I just wish my brothers and sisters in blue showed a bit more class this year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, you will always have the crowd of young, drunk and stupid on any college campus. It makes it worse, to me, that you hit a basketball statue of an AIDS survivor in anticipation for a football game. This move just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I can get a jersey on Sparty or hanging a banner at the student union. I'm not a fan of something that involves real time and effort to clean up.

I think you and I can both agree that Michigan or MSU fans saying the two schools aren't rivals are only fooling themselves. I don't care how many times Michigan has beaten Sparty or how many times Sparty has beaten Michigan, you have two power programs that are virtually walking distance apart. This is a rivalry. I just wish my brothers and sisters in blue showed a bit more class this year.
:suds:

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is we never will know who they would have brought in. Michigan already burned the Les Miles bridge. It might have been someone who couldn't recruit someone like Denard and Hoke would have been a complete failure from the jump and you never get those back to back top 5 classes that Harbaugh is feasting on now.

Exactly, that's why I'm just talking about gut feelings. Michigan would have likely been fine with Denard, if we had another pro-style coach and could have kept the talent we lost immediately after RR was brought in. Denard was our saving grace because we went from a down year at Michigan 9-4 to a West Ann Arbor Polytech 3-9. We lost so much talent, a miracle was needed.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, that's why I'm just talking about gut feelings. Michigan would have likely been fine with Denard, if we had another pro-style coach and could have kept the talent we lost immediately after RR was brought in. Denard was our saving grace because we went from a down year at Michigan 9-4 to a West Ann Arbor Polytech 3-9. We lost so much talent, a miracle was needed.
You still were pulling top 2t talent while we were pulling top 40 talent.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still were pulling top 2t talent while we were pulling top 40 talent.

I haven't done a lot of looking recently, but I believe you're right on that. MSU's 2016 class is looking pretty strong. ESPN has you ranked 12th with 3 ESPN 300 kids, 7 4* and 13 3*

Keep in mind, Darqueze Dennard was a 3* WR turned 1st round draft pick, so I take some of the 3*s with a grain a salt.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done a lot of looking recently, but I believe you're right on that. MSU's 2016 class is looking pretty strong. ESPN has you ranked 12th with 3 ESPN 300 kids, 7 4* and 13 3*

Keep in mind, Darqueze Dennard was a 3* WR turned 1st round draft pick, so I take some of the 3*s with a grain a salt.
I don't look much now because when the Big names get paid, errr "chose" a school, MSU will drop.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, The Corn have quickly become bottom feeders in the B1G. Tell me again why the conference chose them?

It's ok Grasshopper, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about this

Trophy_Case.jpg

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the school must have someone on staff to blow the cobwebs and dust off that room?

You're probably right. But at least there's something there to actually dust off