• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker may be next?

I was excited to hear Kareem Walker took an official visit this past weekend at UM. I think it'd be a huge for UM to get him to flip from OSU.

I think they have a really good shot too. UM has a lot of New Jersey players on their team, Jabrill Peppers is from Jersey. They have three guys from NJ signed in their recruiting class already, with the biggest fish left unsigned having UM at the top of his list (Rashan Gary).

If UM can flip Walker and get Gary, it'd really speed up the rebuild of the program.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU and Michigan hasn't been any better than Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Iowa at the time they made the divisions.

Could argue at the time Wisconsin was more prestigious program than MSU
At the time... but you have the Big3 (OSU, UM, PSU) all in one plus the rising MSU. Just seemed fucking stupid even at the time b/c you know both Mich and PSU will be back.

Throw in Maryland putting big money into football the East is too strong

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only other threat to Iowa I can see on their schedule is @ Indiana but that is if they get their players healthy. Not sure what the status of those players will be in 3 weeks.

Nebraska will be a threat. Northwestern is a threat. Maryland and Purdue should not be. Minnesota could be but I am confident Iowa will win. Indiana could be a threat if they have good blocking.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was excited to hear Kareem Walker took an official visit this past weekend at UM. I think it'd be a huge for UM to get him to flip from OSU.

I think they have a really good shot too. UM has a lot of New Jersey players on their team, Jabrill Peppers is from Jersey. They have three guys from NJ signed in their recruiting class already, with the biggest fish left unsigned having UM at the top of his list (Rashan Gary).

If UM can flip Walker and get Gary, it'd really speed up the rebuild of the program.
Jersey is a hotbed of good recruits

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will be a threat. Northwestern is a threat. Maryland and Purdue should not be. Minnesota could be but I am confident Iowa will win. Indiana could be a threat if they have good blocking.
Iowa's problem is usually dropping a few games to teams that they should beat

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to move OSU, MSU or UM from their division. UM and OSU are always going to play. MSU and UM are always going to play. Only logical to have them play in the same division, because if they don't, they could end up playing multiple times in the same year and in some cases -- in back to back week.

OSU and UM play last week of every season. If they were in different divisions -- the could play the last week of the season and then come back and have to play the next week IF they both won their divisions.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's problem is usually dropping a few games to teams that they should beat

True, that is why I said "should" with Maryland and Purdue. If Iowa was to lose during the season, I would want one of those teams to beat Iowa. Tie-breakers is key to Iowa this season.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to move OSU, MSU or UM from their division. UM and OSU are always going to play. MSU and UM are always going to play. Only logical to have them play in the same division, because if they don't, they could end up playing multiple times in the same year and in some cases -- in back to back week.

OSU and UM play last week of every season. If they were in different divisions -- the could play the last week of the season and then come back and have to play the next week IF they both won their divisions.
Then keep UM and OSU and move PSU and Michigan St?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jersey is a hotbed of good recruits

I had no clue New Jersey had good recruits, but Peppers was the #2 player in the country when we signed him. Rashan Gary is rated the #1 player in the country this year and I'm guessing Kareem Walker must be way up there too if he is the #1 rated RB in the country.

I thought the only thing Jersey was good for was hair gel and tanning salons.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'd be the same thing with UM and MSU, though they wouldn't play in back to back weeks like OSU and UM, so that'd make sense.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no clue New Jersey had good recruits, but Peppers was the #2 player in the country when we signed him. Rashan Gary is rated the #1 player in the country this year and I'm guessing Kareem Walker must be way up there too if he is the #1 rated RB in the country.

I thought the only thing Jersey was good for was hair gel and tanning salons.
Walker is a beast, I hope we hold onto him but I understand if a kid sees a better opportunity elsewhere. I hate when people get all pissy over recruits and take it personal. These kids need to make the best decision for themselves!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be the same thing with UM and MSU, though they wouldn't play in back to back weeks like OSU and UM, so that'd make sense.
I'll take CCG rematches between two good teams instead of seeing Wisconsin in it every year just be default

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa can somehow,win this Saturday and reverse the NW bugaboo I think we may just go 12-0. I'm scared of this game and at Indiana but Indiana less so than NW. And IF we can get to 12-0 it's a one game season to make the CFP. I c guess my 4-8 prediction preseason wasn't so hot
It's probably a given that the winner of that game is a shoe in for the west..

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably a given that the winner of that game is a shoe in for the west..
If Iowa wins I agree. Even if Iowa loses I still give them the edge. NW is likely to lose at least 1 more game. Not sure Iowa will. However if Iowa wins the only other team with a shot would be minnesota and that's remote

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize Iowa had such a weak schedule.. You guys could easily get 11-12 wins this year..

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big10 doesn't have protected cross over games anymore so you will be losing the Michigan vs Michigan State game. I just don't see that flying with MSU and eliminating their biggest rivalry game.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big10 doesn't have protected cross over games anymore so you will be losing the Michigan vs Michigan State game. I just don't see that flying with MSU and eliminating their biggest rivalry game.
Just make it protected, not that hard

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need to change divisions again, at least not until expansion. Give the West time, those teams won't always be down.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need to change divisions again, at least not until expansion. Give the West time, those teams won't always be down.
The West has 2 teans in the top 25 and 3 others with 2 losses. The West isn't as good as the East but it's not as wide a gap as people make it out to be. If Nebraska weren't so down this year the difference would be negligible. 2 of the 3 worst teams are in the East and the better teams are in the East. Not unusual