• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU will just reload...as usual - They slip a it but not enough for anybody to catch them
Mich - Can they get over the hump of OSU...will they start the season better than 2019 - Dropping another notch
Penn St - Keep moving forward and stay in the hunt with OSU - about to become scary
Mich St - Can they find an O...what's returning - Dantonio COY
IU - Are they building something or did they get the luck of schedule timing - Threaten Michigan
Maryland - Can they get something going after Sept - Locksley is doing a Lovie job. May take 5 years to be competitive
Rutgers - At some point they need to put something in place to build a program, right? - As much as I hate to say this about any program, but 4 wins seems to be their ceiling
Wisconsin - They are who they are, I don't see that changing - No JT type talent, Oline will be more than awesome. The QB(Mertz) takes over
Minnesota - Is Fleck close to taking UW off it's seat in the west? - Still got those WRs, but do they have a QB to get them the ball.
Iowa - They are who they are, do they have some new horses to move them up - Slipping next year
Illinois - Can Lovie build off his win vs UW and a bowling season - Going to go full RPO next year. At least it will be entertaining
Nebraska - Are these guys going to put down the papers and actually get to work - .500 or bust
Purdue - Brohm needs to get something going - They get theor IR receivers back. See a lot of 40-40 games
Northwestern - From west crown to cellar in one year, does Fitz make a comeback with his team - Rebuild off the rebuild. Transfer QB didn't work out.

I see 4 10+ win teams, and everybody but Rutgers right around .500.

That's a pretty dumb take about the Gophers QB. He was probably a top 10 QB last season. Top 5 in passer rating and top 10 in QBR.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else do you lose...I know the WR that had the great game vs Auburn...but who else

Depends if anyone leaves early. Johnson is gone and so is Smith and Brooks but Ibrahim is probably just as good if not better at RB. Could return 10/11 starters if you consider Ibrahim a starter.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else do you lose...I know the WR that had the great game vs Auburn...but who else

On offense we lose:

Johnson, Rodney Smith (starting RB), and Shannon Brooks (RB#2)

I'm not overly worried about any of those losses. We're deep Wr's and Ibrahim rushed for 1,000 last year and had a really good bowl game vs Auburn.

Defense is another story:

Both starting DE's, starting DT, two starting LB's, back up DE that got a lot of play, CB that played a lot, and most like our starting safety (winfield, he'll probably declare early for NFL), and our Punter, but he wasn't very good.

I do think our front 7 is where we need to imrpove, and I like incoming depth, but we're replacing a lot of production, even if some of it wasn't high end.

Winfield/Coughlin will be the toughest to replace and the two I don't feel we have a player ready or of similar caliber in wing

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU will just reload...as usual - They slip a it but not enough for anybody to catch them
Mich - Can they get over the hump of OSU...will they start the season better than 2019 - Dropping another notch
Penn St - Keep moving forward and stay in the hunt with OSU - about to become scary
Mich St - Can they find an O...what's returning - Dantonio COY
IU - Are they building something or did they get the luck of schedule timing - Threaten Michigan
Maryland - Can they get something going after Sept - Locksley is doing a Lovie job. May take 5 years to be competitive
Rutgers - At some point they need to put something in place to build a program, right? - As much as I hate to say this about any program, but 4 wins seems to be their ceiling
Wisconsin - They are who they are, I don't see that changing - No JT type talent, Oline will be more than awesome. The QB(Mertz) takes over
Minnesota - Is Fleck close to taking UW off it's seat in the west? - Still got those WRs, but do they have a QB to get them the ball.
Iowa - They are who they are, do they have some new horses to move them up - Slipping next year
Illinois - Can Lovie build off his win vs UW and a bowling season - Going to go full RPO next year. At least it will be entertaining
Nebraska - Are these guys going to put down the papers and actually get to work - .500 or bust
Purdue - Brohm needs to get something going - They get theor IR receivers back. See a lot of 40-40 games
Northwestern - From west crown to cellar in one year, does Fitz make a comeback with his team - Rebuild off the rebuild. Transfer QB didn't work out.

I see 4 10+ win teams, and everybody but Rutgers right around .500.

yeah, I don't think Michigan will get much better if at all. the offense could be exciting especially if one of DPJ/Collins stays, but they've got to replace 3-4 starting offensive linemen. that's going to be very tough. the defense was good but the interior line was badly exposed against OLs like Wisconsin and Ohio State. Unless Hinton or Smith really step up, I don't see that changing. we'll miss Uche a lot.

as I said before, it feels like another 8-4/9-3 type year unless the offense thrives under Gattis.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty dumb take about the Gophers QB. He was probably a top 10 QB last season. Top 5 in passer rating and top 10 in QBR.

exactly, Morgan is fine and I'm excited to have him as a junior

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly, Morgan is fine and I'm excited to have him as a junior

I think he's more than a fine QB. He'll probably put up better numbers next year. It sucks the game against Wisconsin was in a blizzard.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's going to be a fun offense to watch

Yeah, I'm expecting it. Past two years our offense has been mostly underclassman and I think we'll some dividends pay off

Next year we'll have
2 SR's and 2 JR's, and 1 Sophmore on the OL
JR QB
JR starting RB
2 JR starting WR
TE-We don't really use them, but we do having promising TE that'll be a rsSO that can hopefully start to live up to said promise

A lot of guys I mentioned have redshirted as well, all but Bateman and one of our OL (faalele)......so they're few years in the program

It's really on the defensive side I'm worried about.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's more than a fine QB. He'll probably put up better numbers next year. It sucks the game against Wisconsin was in a blizzard.

Fine was underselling him

vs Top 25 he completed 67% of his passes with 6TDs and 1 INT

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. I thought he was done.

Nope, he was only rsSO. His hairline makes him seem closer to 30, so if you saw him sans helmet, I'd understand your confusion.

We have highly rated freshman that is currently 3rd string, and we already have a highly rated QB committed for 2021 class. PJ has really improved QB/WR recruiting from prior staff who would recruit TE's and ask them to play QB (Leidner)

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blizzard? Come on man

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It snowed most of the game, IIRC. Hurts the Gophers more than Wisconsin.

I don't think so...when it was snowing the hardest Coan hit Cephus on 2 long pass plays...Wisconsin dealt with the ball when it was snowing the hardest... Honestly, you guys got beat pretty well that game...snow didn't have much if anything to do with it

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For OSU - Obviously, QB returns for another year. Our O-Line should be better. Hopefully either Teague takes a step or Crowley emerges at RB. WR will be better. Bottom line, offense SHOULD be better, even after losing JK.

Defense: D-Line should be worse with the losses, but, well, I have faith in our talent and Larry Johnson to keep on chugging. LB should be better. Secondary will be replacing 3 guys expected to be drafted in the top 40-50 this April and a Senior safety, so they will be worse. Hopefully the talent there can mature quickly.

I haven't looked at PSU's schedule, but they get us at home, at night, and should be good next year. That'll determine the B1G, probably

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so...when it was snowing the hardest Coan hit Cephus on 2 long pass plays...Wisconsin dealt with the ball when it was snowing the hardest... Honestly, you guys got beat pretty well that game...snow didn't have much if anything to do with it

Yeah the Badgers played better no doubt, but the snow definitely hurt the Gophers.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was obvious the game plan was to not let Taylor beat us, and he didn't. Coan stepped up.

Hats off

I think the rivalry will be back to some sort of competitive balance and our win last year at camp randall wasn't just a fluke

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obvious the game plan was to not let Taylor beat us, and he didn't. Coan stepped up.

Hats off

I think the rivalry will be back to some sort of competitive balance and our win last year at camp randall wasn't just a fluke

That win in 18 wasn't a fluke at all...Minny handed it to them

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors out of IC are that Wirfs and Epenesa are both leaning towards coming back ( which i find insane ) but if true Iowa loses only 3 of our 22 starters and 2 of the 3 have proven backups ready to replace them so really itll all boil down to if Petras is any good. He was a 4 star out of HS and an early enrollee so he will have had 2.5 years in the system to learn. IF ( huge if ) Wirfs and Epenesa come back i think Iowa is a legit top 5-10 team preseason next year but ill believe it when i see it