• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great man?? I'm telling about draft people though lol .
Ok give us a link to these draft people so we can see it rather than just taking your word for it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone has Stanley in the top 5 of draft eligible QBs which makes him a near lock for top 3 rounds so after that it really just depends on team boards . If I'd told you last year Daniel Jones would go 6 overall everyone would've called me crazy . The NFL values tangibles and Stanley has them in spades

I think there's a pretty big drop off after Tua, Herbert and Fromm. He might be the 4th QB taken, but it's a bad year to be in the 2nd round mix because if a team needs a QB they should just wait and take Lawrence the following season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok give us a link to these draft people so we can see it rather than just taking your word for it.

Walter Football has Stanley 7th. Behind Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Costello, Eason and Montez. Rotoworld has him 6th. First two links I saw.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's already been people provided here . Both Kiper and McShay have him top 5. You have access to Google . There are dozens of them.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Stanley improves his stats, he has a 1st round argument. He has the size, the smarts, the yards, the TD-INT ratio. His AVG is good, but not great (but that is what you get when you throw to TEs and average receivers). He needs a lot better comp %, and a lot is he needs to be more accurate. He also doesn't look around. He throws to first receiver he looks at.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen him in any top 5's yet. CBS, Walter Football or Rotoworld.
I thought we were talking draft experts ? Walter qualifies. The others don't. At least not imo. I'd have to see who wrote the articles . Doesn't really matter to me . I'm not even saying Stanley is any good . Simply pointing out he's been mocked as a late 1/early 2 pretty consistently . Not sure why it's got everyone up in arms lol

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were talking draft experts ? Walter qualifies. The others don't. At least not imo. I'd have to see who wrote the articles . Doesn't really matter to me . I'm not even saying Stanley is any good . Simply pointing out he's been mocked as a late 1/early 2 pretty consistently . Not sure why it's got everyone up in arms lol

Kiper has him as the 2nd best senior. I haven't seen him rank overall. Eric Edholm at Yahoo doesn't have him in his top 5. I think McShay is probably the only one.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper has him as the 2nd best senior. I haven't seen him rank overall. Eric Edholm at Yahoo doesn't have him in his top 5. I think McShay is probably the only one.

Here is one that has him 3rd senior QB.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I've seen lots of mocks with him top 2 rounds but like I said it doesn't matter . Too much unknown at this point anyway even as it pertains to who actually comes out . Tua is likely gone but none of the other underclassmen are locks to leave so we can debate where you'd personally rank Stanley but everyone's mock will be different based on how they gauge a players likelihood of leaving .

Ultimately Iowa will almost certainly have 2 first rounders and they may have 2 others in Jackson and Stanley but theres a whole year left to play and 3 of the 4 dont have to leave of they don't want to anyway

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I've seen lots of mocks with him top 2 rounds but like I said it doesn't matter . Too much unknown at this point anyway even as it pertains to who actually comes out . Tua is likely gone but none of the other underclassmen are locks to leave so we can debate where you'd personally rank Stanley but everyone's mock will be different based on how they gauge a players likelihood of leaving .

Ultimately Iowa will almost certainly have 2 first rounders and they may have 2 others in Jackson and Stanley but theres a whole year left to play and 3 of the 4 dont have to leave of they don't want to anyway

Well I'm assuming guys like Tua, Fromm, Costello, Love all go pro.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm assuming guys like Tua, Fromm, Costello, Love all go pro.
Maybe . Definitely Tua . Fromm probably . Id lean no on the other 2 but who knows ? Kind of a pointless debate til we know who's leaving especially given there's a full season to play

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you had us @ 3 wins last year.

I think gophers will be between 7-9 wins during regular season.

Let's be honest, nobody expected Wisconsin to be that bad last season and Purdue forgot to show up for our game. That gets us back down to 4 wins, which was my projected ceiling for that team. That's even before you consider that it took a miraculous late interception for us to hold off Fresno St. So while my prediction ended up looking bad based on what transpired, it wasn't as crazy as you make it sound.

I've been around Minnesota sports too long to be a homer, and realism tends to sound a bit pessimistic to homers.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, nobody expected Wisconsin to be that bad last season and Purdue forgot to show up for our game. That gets us back down to 4 wins, which was my projected ceiling for that team. That's even before you consider that it took a miraculous late interception for us to hold off Fresno St. So while my prediction ended up looking bad based on what transpired, it wasn't as crazy as you make it sound.

I've been around Minnesota sports too long to be a homer, and realism tends to sound a bit pessimistic to homers.

Purdue had a lot to play for that game, I don't buy the they didn't show up, or Wisconsin was down. We still went out and beat them. We didn't just beat them, we dismantled them. We also crushed Georgia Tech.

Every season has games that hinges on few plays or ifs, there are no *wins

They were 7-6 and exceeded your ceiling by 3 games

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa DE AJ Epenesa was All-B1G last season (1st team media, 2nd team coaches). He will have his first career start this Saturday.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_8483263.png

Redshirt Freshman lefty dual-threat QB Michael Penix Jr out of Florida has beaten out last year's starter Peyton Ramsey, as well as Utah transfer Jack Tuttle for the Indiana Hoosiers starting job.

Michael Penix Jr. reacts to winning Indiana's three-way QB battle

Tom Allen explains how Michael Penix beat out Peyton Ramsey for starting job

USATSI_11482101-718x490.jpg