• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best defensive player in the Big12

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neal has taken talented kids... and we’ve seen them regress.

Neal and his staff have time to make a difference.

But, I’m afraid his honeymoon is clearly over. .

Regress from.... what?

Kendall has never started and is from another program,
the Oline has been shuffled due to a lack of development by the former coaches, they are first time starters for the most part.
WR's are young/ from other programs due to not making grades and... ?
Our best defensive players left due to not making grades under the former coach.

Cant regress when you are just beginning your career. Had Dana stepped on a few more throats and played backups once n awhile when he should have then these kids would have had more in game experience ... but again, he aint got it as a HC, that's why he is in little league now.

Brown and the staff are under no pressure whatsoever, he is Lyons hire, Lyons knows what a mess Dana had this program in, that's why he let him go with a smile on his face.

The honeymoon is over, after getting our inexperienced throw together team thumped by what could be the 2nd best team in the SEC east?
That's poppycock

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regress from.... what?

Kendall has never started and is from another program,
the Oline has been shuffled due to a lack of development by the former coaches, they are first time starters for the most part.
WR's are young/ from other programs due to not making grades and... ?
Our best defensive players left due to not making grades under the former coach.

Cant regress when you are just beginning your career. Had Dana stepped on a few more throats and played backups once n awhile when he should have then these kids would have had more in game experience ... but again, he aint got it as a HC, that's why he is in little league now.

Brown and the staff are under no pressure whatsoever, he is Lyons hire, Lyons knows what a mess Dana had this program in, that's why he let him go with a smile on his face.

The honeymoon is over, after getting our inexperienced throw together team thumped by what could be the 2nd best team in the SEC east?
That's poppycock

Our OL... minus Hardy and Jones... played against SU last December. Jack threw for 277 yds... we ran for almost 150 yds.

Fast forward almost 10 mths, and our OL and running attack has averaged a little over 30 yds/gm.

I call that regression.

Saying Mizzou is going to be the 2nd best team in the SEC may not end up being true. Mizzou is a team that lost to Wyoming. The SEC East sucks... but, I’m not too sure how good a team Mizzou truly is at this point.

If WVU looks unable to compete this weekend, the boo birds should be out in force. Hillbillies don’t take looking like a team unable to punch back very well.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OL... minus Hardy and Jones... played against SU last December. Jack threw for 277 yds... we ran for almost 150 yds.

Fast forward almost 10 mths, and our OL and running attack has averaged a little over 30 yds/gm.

I call that regression.

Saying Mizzou is going to be the 2nd best team in the SEC may not end up being true. Mizzou is a team that lost to Wyoming. The SEC East sucks... but, I’m not too sure how good a team Mizzou truly is at this point.

If WVU looks unable to compete this weekend, the boo birds should be out in force. Hillbillies don’t take looking like a team unable to punch back very well.

New roles, new positions for the OL

Wyoming is 2-0 now, how good or bad are they REALLY? We dont know yet but so far.. so good.

JMU won 44-7 last week, how good are they? Dunno yet.

Now I agree we are going to hear/see some folks piss n moan about it but thats fans.

Year 1 under a new regime, new D, new O,
new/young players all over and a tough schedule. That my friend is a recipe for a loooong year many a program.

Gotta tough it out as a fan and let these youngsters figure it out.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article was dead on spot, name one thing in it that is not true, Holgorsen left some good running backs, no QB, no OL, a defense that needed retooled. Say what you will, Holgorsen left the cupboard empty for himself, saw the writing on the wall, and bolted, blaming the school for HIS failures.
:yawning::yawning:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call that regression.

There will be a conspiracy theory you can be certain!...NCCA hates us, Big12 hates us, ESPN wants us to lose...etc

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I call that regression.

This is EXACTLY the point I was making...Add in TJ Simmons , Tevon Bush, Jovanni Haskins, Jack Allison ( Who as a 4 star recruit has no value with this HC) , and Trey Lowe .. and sprinkle in the additions like Campbell...how is this offense so bad?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is EXACTLY the point I was making...Add in TJ Simmons , Tevon Bush, Jovanni Haskins, Jack Allison ( Who as a 4 star recruit has no value with this HC) , and Trey Lowe .. and sprinkle in the additions like Campbell...how is this offense so bad?

It’s Dana’s fault. Lol....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New roles, new positions for the OL

Wyoming is 2-0 now, how good or bad are they REALLY? We dont know yet but so far.. so good.

JMU won 44-7 last week, how good are they? Dunno yet.

Now I agree we are going to hear/see some folks piss n moan about it but thats fans.

Year 1 under a new regime, new D, new O,
new/young players all over and a tough schedule. That my friend is a recipe for a loooong year many a program.

Gotta tough it out as a fan and let these youngsters figure it out.

Who’s responsible for putting these players into new roles... new positions? If the kids are struggling with their new role, who’s responsible?

These same kids executed better last December than they are currently. Usually kids get better with more coaching and development. Not the case so far.

Our fans don’t have a clue what’s involved. They simply want to win a NC. They honestly believe we’ve been capable of doing it for years, we simply had a drunk HC who should never have been anything but an OC.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From our depth chart (two deep) for last year’s bowl game against SU, we are missing 6 players from the offense.

It’s crazy to think we’ve scored a total of 3 points in the first half of 2 games. We are near the bottom of every single offensive category known to man.

Dana’s fault...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From our depth chart (two deep) for last year’s bowl game against SU, we are missing 6 players from the offense.

It’s crazy to think we’ve scored a total of 3 points in the first half of 2 games. We are near the bottom of every single offensive category known to man.

Dana’s fault...
:agree::agree:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Dana’s fault. Lol....
I love you, for three years every single loss under Holgorsen was blamed on Stewart.......

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gosh if they were THAT good (speaking transfers) wonder how they ended up here?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart wasn't blamed for losses..just roster shortages..

This article tells the whole story...sorry DAD!...

Recruiting Attrition: It's Worse Than You Think

Holgorsen in no uncertain terms left the program the same way..

That article is spot on!

As I shared a few years ago, Shane fucked Dana by keeping him on the hot seat two years in a row. We now are seeing the impact of not being able to recruit high school kids who weren’t opening their doors to his staff.

Dana had to find a way to fill his holes. JUCO recruiting was the solution. Unfortunately, JUCO OL also need development... yet, the clock runs out on them. Top rated JUCO OL go to the elite programs. We didn’t get the raw talented kids out of HS to fill the OL in the ‘16 and ‘17 recruiting classes.

Those kids would be RS So and Jr’s right now. Once Dana got the extension, he was able to recruit some quality HS OL recruits. Unfortunately, they are true Fr and RS Fr this year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane fucked Dana by keeping him on the hot seat two years in a row.
SOOOOO, was he to sign a 500 coach to a 20 year deal???? Nothing is EVER Holgorsen's fault, is it? The reason that Lyons kept Holgorsen around was the ridiculous one sided contract that Luck gave him, would have cost a fortune to can him, then when he DID have a good year, he received a fair extension, he KNEW he left the cupboard bare for this year, so he bolted before he got fired mid season with a 1-5 record......get a clue

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOOOOO, was he to sign a 500 coach to a 20 year deal???? Nothing is EVER Holgorsen's fault, is it? The reason that Lyons kept Holgorsen around was the ridiculous one sided contract that Luck gave him, would have cost a fortune to can him, then when he DID have a good year, he received a fair extension, he KNEW he left the cupboard bare for this year, so he bolted before he got fired mid season with a 1-5 record......get a clue

Shane fucked Dana over. It’s a fact.

Shane could have fired Dana. In the big picture, it wasn’t going to cost the university that much to fire him with 1 year left on his contract. You’re doing nothing but making shit up. Remember.... what would Jesus do...

Dana knew this year’s team would be hurting. We’re WVU. This happens at a school like ours.

Saying that this year would be hurting... does not imply it would be as bad as it looks today.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought all it took was for WVU to hire a HC from a small college who already new how to manage a team. You know, a coach who could coach 2 star kids to play at a 5 star level. Is it because the coach didn’t come out of the MAC?

Why can’t the QB coach elevate the level at that position? I mean c’mon, Skyler Howard is better than Allison? At this point, yes. Why are so many players on D out of position? Is it coaching? The items brought up with the Brown camp were called excuses with the previous HC.

Can’t wait for basketball. Or can I?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to say that because a kid started in the bowl LOSS against Syracuse they were a starter last year is ridiculous......EVERYONE in the country KNEW WVU football was going to be bad this year regardless if Holgorsen had stayed or if Saban miraculously took the job, EXCEPT these few Holgorsen lovers on here.........The cupboard is bare, he left much less than he inherited

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you, and others, said that it was because he didn’t have previous HC experience. You harped how he couldn’t recruit a QB. In 2 games, so far a small sample size, it doesn’t seem that HCNB previous gig has not translated to improvements from game to game. As I had said before, I hope we can see improvement by the end of the season.

FHCBS was coming back as a HC until he made an error in judgement that resulted in his release. So as a coach coming back, his recruiting classes looked good on paper but many were no shows. Why should anyone expect Dana to recruit players to come to WV when everyone knew he was on his way out? That’s just plan stupid to expect a kid to come here when the kid knows Dana was gone.