• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best CF national champion teams (SRS rating)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stupid argument did I make? Honestly what? I was merely commenting to AG and then you chime in and get all fussy because it’s an accomplishment 95 Nebraska doesn’t have.

Draft picks = GOAT. I have already demonstrated how this is stupid. You have also refused to address questions that I have asked that may support your belief on this.

I commented on the last paragraph. Your novels were getting boring so i decided to not read this last one fully.

I said “don’t try and lie.” I never called you a liar. Learn to read and comprehend. I didn’t start with the simple bitch, you started with the “butthurt.” An continued the name calling and crying because I didn’t submit to your opinion.

Ok, you are either really stubborn or incredibly stupid. You never called me a 'liar'... well let me ask you a question, what word do we use for a person when you tell some to 'don't lie'? Never mind the fact that I wasn't lying, you just wanted to believe what you wanted. Apparently you don't know the english language very well, so I guess I shouldn't expect you to read and comprehend colloquial language very well either.

How is "butthurt" name calling? It is descriptive of an action, explicitly, how you were/are acting. Name calling would be calling you a "dumbass" or using your phraseology, "little bitch". But again, apparently the reading and comprehending thing that you for some reason mentioned, isn't really your thing.

I do find it funny that you would try that 'reading/comprehending' bullshit on me though.

The draft picks aren’t my reasoning for thinking Miami is the GOAT, but it certainly doesn’t hurt my argument. I just don’t get how you throw shade at Miami for one game on the road yet don’t criticize Nebraska for the same thing at home. We’ll just agree to disagree.

Okay, this paragraph seems somewhat civilized. First, the draft pick argument does hurt your overall argument. If you disagree, answer my previous questions in regards to it and we can go from there. Perhaps you may even change my mind on that type of argument.

Secondly, I have questioned how 95 Nebraska only beat WSU by 14 points. But it doesn't negate the fact that they beat EVERY single opponent (good, bad, mediocre) by a minimum of two possessions. I think that is an important note when we are discussing GOAT and comparing teams from similar eras.

But again, nonetheless, we are talking GOAT. 95 Nebraska can say that they beat every single team that year by a minimum of 2 possessions. 01 Miami cannot say that. 95 Nebraska beat 4 top ten teams that year, Miami beat only one top ten team, but 4 other top 25 teams. I think that is respectable, but I think 4 top ten wins in a season is more impressive than 4 top 25 with 1 top ten.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft picks = GOAT. I have already demonstrated how this is stupid. You have also refused to address questions that I have asked that may support your belief on this.

Ok, you are either really stubborn or incredibly stupid. You never called me a 'liar'... well let me ask you a question, what word do we use for a person when you tell some to 'don't lie'? Never mind the fact that I wasn't lying, you just wanted to believe what you wanted. Apparently you don't know the english language very well, so I guess I shouldn't expect you to read and comprehend colloquial language very well either.

How is "butthurt" name calling? It is descriptive of an action, explicitly, how you were/are acting. Name calling would be calling you a "dumbass" or using your phraseology, "little bitch". But again, apparently the reading and comprehending thing that you for some reason mentioned, isn't really your thing.

I do find it funny that you would try that 'reading/comprehending' bullshit on me though.

Okay, this paragraph seems somewhat civilized. First, the draft pick argument does hurt your overall argument. If you disagree, answer my previous questions in regards to it and we can go from there. Perhaps you may even change my mind on that type of argument.

Secondly, I have questioned how 95 Nebraska only beat WSU by 14 points. But it doesn't negate the fact that they beat EVERY single opponent (good, bad, mediocre) by a minimum of two possessions. I think that is an important note when we are discussing GOAT and comparing teams from similar eras.

But again, nonetheless, we are talking GOAT. 95 Nebraska can say that they beat every single team that year by a minimum of 2 possessions. 01 Miami cannot say that. 95 Nebraska beat 4 top ten teams that year, Miami beat only one top ten team, but 4 other top 25 teams. I think that is respectable, but I think 4 top ten wins in a season is more impressive than 4 top 25 with 1 top ten.
TLDR

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right ... tell that muh fuka! ^^
giphy.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus Christ must you write large quantities of words every freakin time you want to say 3 points? Seriously?

I never stated draft picks = GOAT. I did say it doesn’t harm it though. Stop acting like my only point for Miami is their draft picks. It’s not.

Jesus Christ, are you trying to be incredibly stupid? A liar is someone who tells “lies”. Plural. Telling someone not to lie doesn’t imply you are calling them a liar.

I find it hilarious you calling me butthurt isn’t name calling to you.

Thank you for keeping this part civil. Im not sure how having players from a team drafted can hurt a GOAT argument. You’ll need to explain that. As I answered before, draft picks are perceived talent. Is it the end all be all to decide who’s best? Hell no. But it can help swing the tide one way or another and it can show how much perceived talent a team can have.

Miami no doubt screwed up at BC. I will still say the weather was awful that day but yes, both teams had to play in it. An Dorsey was absolutely awful. The VPI game I contend they had a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter and just coasted. Much like NU did vs Wazzou. Still VPI was a top 15 team.

As I stated, we’ll agree to disagree.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ must you write large quantities of words every freakin time you want to say 3 points? Seriously?

I never stated draft picks = GOAT. I did say it doesn’t harm it though. Stop acting like my only point for Miami is their draft picks. It’s not.

Jesus Christ, are you trying to be incredibly stupid? A liar is someone who tells “lies”. Plural. Telling someone not to lie doesn’t imply you are calling them a liar.

I find it hilarious you calling me butthurt isn’t name calling to you.

Thank you for keeping this part civil. Im not sure how having players from a team drafted can hurt a GOAT argument. You’ll need to explain that. As I answered before, draft picks are perceived talent. Is it the end all be all to decide who’s best? Hell no. But it can help swing the tide one way or another and it can show how much perceived talent a team can have.

Miami no doubt screwed up at BC. I will still say the weather was awful that day but yes, both teams had to play in it. An Dorsey was absolutely awful. The VPI game I contend they had a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter and just coasted. Much like NU did vs Wazzou. Still VPI was a top 15 team.

As I stated, we’ll agree to disagree.

So someone that has lied (even just once) is not a liar? Weird logic here. Care to explain? What do you call someone that just lied once? Or what do you call someone that didn't lie, but someone else thinks they lied?

Perhaps we grew up differently. Myself and no one I know considers "butthurt" to be name calling as it isn't a personal attack on the person, but rather on the action taken (i.e. acting a certain way does not mean that person is actually "__" insert name-calling).

Since this seems to be taking a turn towards a more civilized conversation. The draft picks comment hurts it because it is essentially an excuse. It is irrelevant for 2 reasons. The first being that it has no bearing on how the team performed prior, hence the Central Michigan question. The second, it is brought up to validate the team somehow which means that there are question marks from the actual season. If they did enough in the regular season to make the claim of GOAT, then why would draft picks be brought up? It is an independent action that occurred after the team played lending zero credibility when talking about the "greatest college football team of all time".

But again, talent is irrelevant. It is doesn't matter if a team has all world talent if they lose every game (that's a hypothetical, not talking about Miami).

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So someone that has lied (even just one) is not a liar? Weird logic here. Care to explain?

Perhaps we grew up differently. Myself and no one I know considers "butthurt" to be name calling as it isn't a personal attack on the person, but rather on the action taken (i.e. acting a certain way does not mean that person is actually "__" insert name-calling).

Since this seems to be taking a turn towards a more civilized conversation. The draft picks comment hurts it because it is essentially an excuse. It is irrelevant for 2 reasons. The first being that it has no bearing on how the team performed prior, hence the Central Michigan question. The second, it is brought up to validate the team somehow which means that there are question marks from the actual season. If they did enough in the regular season to make the claim of GOAT, then why would draft picks be brought up? It is an independent action that occurred after the team played lending zero credibility when talking about the "greatest college football team of all time".

But again, talent is irrelevant. It is doesn't matter if a team has all world talent if they lose every game (that's a hypothetical, not talking about Miami).

I’m all for a civilaized convo. In no way is having players drafted from a team I’m arguing for an excuse. It shows the talent others perceived in it. Talent is what a team needs to perform and be considered GOAT. The second is a totally ridiculous statement. In no way does bringing up a teams draft picks hurt their resume to be GOAT. Nor does it call in to question the validation of the season. Draft picks being brought up is just a bonus or another feather in the cap. It doesn’t decide if a team is GOAT, but it certainly doesn’t hurt it ethier.

Talent is absolutely relevant. Teams that are highly talented don’t lose many if any games. You aren’t going to have a team in a GOAT argument that lost all or even some of their games. An I’ll argue that’s because of talent. There has been other teams that went undefeated that will never be close to this list.

Again, we’ll just agree to disagree.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m all for a civilaized convo. In no way is having players drafted from a team I’m arguing for an excuse. It shows the talent others perceived in it. Talent is what a team needs to perform and be considered GOAT. The second is a totally ridiculous statement. In no way does bringing up a teams draft picks hurt their resume to be GOAT. Nor does it call in to question the validation of the season. Draft picks being brought up is just a bonus or another feather in the cap. It doesn’t decide if a team is GOAT, but it certainly doesn’t hurt it ethier.

Talent is absolutely relevant. Teams that are highly talented don’t lose many if any games. You aren’t going to have a team in a GOAT argument that lost all or even some of their games. An I’ll argue that’s because of talent. There has been other teams that went undefeated that will never be close to this list.

Again, we’ll just agree to disagree.

Perceived talent doesn't mean anything though particularly to what already happened on the field. Just because a player is drafted doesn't mean that other players that weren't are less talented. Tommy Frazier was hella talented, some say the best QB ever in CFB.

NBCSports.com's top 5 college football quarterbacks of all time

But had medical issues and if we are being honest, he wouldn't fit in the pros at least as a QB. Tebow, Manziel, Crouch, Frost, etc... very talented players and drafted QBs that never did much in the pros and those were just QBs that I pulled off the top of my head.

Sure draft picks can be considered a 'feather in the cap', but it has nothing to do with what they team did or didn't do on the field, that's why it is irrelevant.

Teams that are highly talented don’t lose many if any games.

Sure they do. Michigan, LSU, Florida and Georgia, are considered to have crazy amount of talent, each lost 3 games. Texas lost 4. USC is considered to be one of the most talent rich teams in CFB, they lost 7 games last year.

You aren’t going to have a team in a GOAT argument that lost all or even some of their games. An I’ll argue that’s because of talent. There has been other teams that went undefeated that will never be close to this list.

1st and 2nd sentence: Well obviously, but that wasn't my point. My point was that talent doesn't decide games, otherwise the more talented team would always win.

Last sentence: Yes, other undefeated teams aren't close to being the GOAT. But it has nothing to do with how many players they had that were drafted. 2004 Utah went undefeated and had 5 players drafted, but of course they aren't in the conversation even though they dominated everyone. They had a weakass schedule. 1997 Nebraska isn't in the GOAT conversation even though they went undefeated, had 6 players drafted, won the National Title (eat it Michigan) and dominated a future HoF QB in Peyton Manning. They struggled against 3 opponents (#2 Washington, Missouri, and Colorado).

I honestly don't understand how you think something that happens AFTER the team has played that is purely based on the judgment of what fits a particular pro team is somehow a factor into what the team did during the CFB season. It is a completely independent factor that has nothing to do with what they did in CFB... and that is what we are talking about. CFB. The GOAT of CFB. But I'll digress for now, don't want it to be too long lol.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perceived talent doesn't mean anything though particularly to what already happened on the field. Just because a player is drafted doesn't mean that other players that weren't are less talented. Tommy Frazier was hella talented, some say the best QB ever in CFB.

NBCSports.com's top 5 college football quarterbacks of all time

But had medical issues and if we are being honest, he wouldn't fit in the pros at least as a QB. Tebow, Manziel, Crouch, Frost, etc... very talented players and drafted QBs that never did much in the pros and those were just QBs that I pulled off the top of my head.

Sure draft picks can be considered a 'feather in the cap', but it has nothing to do with what they team did or didn't do on the field, that's why it is irrelevant.

Sure they do. Michigan, LSU, Florida and Georgia, are considered to have crazy amount of talent, each lost 3 games. Texas lost 4. USC is considered to be one of the most talent rich teams in CFB, they lost 7 games last year.

1st and 2nd sentence: Well obviously, but that wasn't my point. My point was that talent doesn't decide games, otherwise the more talented team would always win.

Last sentence: Yes, other undefeated teams aren't close to being the GOAT. But it has nothing to do with how many players they had that were drafted. 2004 Utah went undefeated and had 5 players drafted, but of course they aren't in the conversation even though they dominated everyone. They had a weakass schedule. 1997 Nebraska isn't in the GOAT conversation even though they went undefeated, had 6 players drafted, won the National Title (eat it Michigan) and dominated a future HoF QB in Peyton Manning. They struggled against 3 opponents (#2 Washington, Missouri, and Colorado).

I honestly don't understand how you think something that happens AFTER the team has played that is purely based on the judgment of what fits a particular pro team is somehow a factor into what the team did during the CFB season. It is a completely independent factor that has nothing to do with what they did in CFB... and that is what we are talking about. CFB. The GOAT of CFB. But I'll digress for now, don't want it to be too long lol.

But perceived talent does mean something. You are just looking at one player and thinking it means nothing. Miami had 17 first round picks on that team and 38 players total that got drafted. Half their team got drafted. That is not nothing. They drafted those players partly on their accomplishments of that season. Of course not everyone pans out in the pros but it shows how great Miami was perceived at the next level that all those guys got drafted. Something I think does matter when talking about GOAT.

Michigan, Florida, LSU and Georgia teams aren’t up for GOAT. What 3 loss team will ever be in the conversation for GOAT? That’s what this discussion.

Talent absolutely can decide games. Does it always, heck no. But it certainly can decide a game. Talented teams have shitty games all the time and sometimes their talent helps them win.

Again, teams are drafting players on what they have done in college and their potential. Absolutely NFL team needs are factored in, but teams at the next level draft players for what they’ve done in college too. I’m not saying players drafted is the deciding factor. But it sure doesn’t hurt when considering GOAT. An I’d have no problem having 97’ Nebraska in the conversation. Green was an absolute beast that year. We’ll just agree to disagree. An your always too long, lol.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But perceived talent does mean something. You are just looking at one player and thinking it means nothing. Miami had 17 first round picks on that team and 38 players total that got drafted. Half their team got drafted. That is not nothing. They drafted those players partly on their accomplishments of that season. Of course not everyone pans out in the pros but it shows how great Miami was perceived at the next level that all those guys got drafted. Something I think does matter when talking about GOAT.

Michigan, Florida, LSU and Georgia teams aren’t up for GOAT. What 3 loss team will ever be in the conversation for GOAT? That’s what this discussion.

Talent absolutely can decide games. Does it always, heck no. But it certainly can decide a game. Talented teams have shitty games all the time and sometimes their talent helps them win.

Again, teams are drafting players on what they have done in college and their potential. Absolutely NFL team needs are factored in, but teams at the next level draft players for what they’ve done in college too. I’m not saying players drafted is the deciding factor. But it sure doesn’t hurt when considering GOAT. An I’d have no problem having 97’ Nebraska in the conversation. Green was an absolute beast that year. We’ll just agree to disagree. An your always too long, lol.

Ok, we are just going in circles at this point. Let me pose a hypothetical. Say Clemson went out and beat every opponent on their schedule including those they met in the playoffs by 30 points. Let's also say that they played 7 ranked opponents including 4 top ten opponents. Under those factors, I think anyone and everyone would think they would be the greatest college football team of all time.

Now, let's say that NO ONE gets drafted due to various reasons. Say a majority of their players were sophmores that year (no matter how unrealistic), other players chose not to pursue the NFL, others had medical issues, others chose to stay to finish their degree, have a terrible combine, etc... but no one gets drafted. Would that effect their GOAT'ness?

If so, then you are essentially saying that draft picks are more important that what the team did in the actual CFB season in question. Which I think is ridiculous, because no matter the number of draft picks, it doesn't change the fact of what that team did on the field. Draft picks are an indicator of talent, not an indicator of success which the GOAT is all about.

If not, then what difference do the draft picks matter to the essentially greatness of the GOAT?

I mentioned Michigan, Georgia, and the others because you said that.. "Teams that are highly talented don’t lose many if any games." - this proves that to be wrong. I wasn't saying that they should be considered GOAT.

Maybe we should start simple. What factors do you believe should be accounted for when discussing on GOAT?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Seriously????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we are just going in circles at this point. Let me pose a hypothetical. Say Clemson went out and beat every opponent on their schedule including those they met in the playoffs by 30 points. Let's also say that they played 7 ranked opponents including 4 top ten opponents. Under those factors, I think anyone and everyone would think they would be the greatest college football team of all time.

Now, let's say that NO ONE gets drafted due to various reasons. Say a majority of their players were sophmores that year (no matter how unrealistic), other players chose not to pursue the NFL, others had medical issues, others chose to stay to finish their degree, have a terrible combine, etc... but no one gets drafted. Would that effect their GOAT'ness?

If so, then you are essentially saying that draft picks are more important that what the team did in the actual CFB season in question. Which I think is ridiculous, because no matter the number of draft picks, it doesn't change the fact of what that team did on the field. Draft picks are an indicator of talent, not an indicator of success which the GOAT is all about.

If not, then what difference do the draft picks matter to the essentially greatness of the GOAT?

I mentioned Michigan, Georgia, and the others because you said that.. "Teams that are highly talented don’t lose many if any games." - this proves that to be wrong. I wasn't saying that they should be considered GOAT.

Maybe we should start simple. What factors do you believe should be accounted for when discussing on GOAT?

First part, absolutely not does it effect their greatness and ability to be GOAT. Again, I’m not arguing it’s the deciding factor. I’m merely stating it doesn’t hurt the GOAT discussion. An as you mentioned, majority of their players were sophomores. If majority of their players were upper class men it’s fair to summarize that someone would get drafted.

You need talent to succeed, no matter how much you want to argue against it. Talent by itself can win games. Not always but it does happen.

What I meant was teams that are very talented and in the GOAT discussion don’t lose many if any games. A 3 loss team will never be considered in this discussion.

Factors:
Resume (wins/loses/championship)
How dominant they look.
What their schedule looked like.

What are your factors?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First part, absolutely not does it effect their greatness and ability to be GOAT. Again, I’m not arguing it’s the deciding factor. I’m merely stating it doesn’t hurt the GOAT discussion. An as you mentioned, majority of their players were sophomores. If majority of their players were upper class men it’s fair to summarize that someone would get drafted.

You need talent to succeed, no matter how much you want to argue against it. Talent by itself can win games. Not always but it does happen.

What I meant was teams that are very talented and in the GOAT discussion don’t lose many if any games. A 3 loss team will never be considered in this discussion.

Factors:
Resume (wins/loses/championship)
How dominant they look.
What their schedule looked like.

What are your factors?

Yeah, I mentioned sophmores just because it was a hypothetical and I didn't want you to be like 'well that's not possible' lol. It's possible, ASTRONOMICALLY unlikely, but possible nonetheless.

But let me clarify something or correct myself on something. Draft picks don't "hurt" the case, I just believe they aren't a factor in the case. If 01 Miami had zero players drafted, I would still think they would deserve to be in the conversation.

But I more/less agree with your factors, but I might go more specific. To be considered for GOAT to me, you have to...

• Have a decent SoS. Meaning, you better be facing some ranked opponents in the regular season (not just in the playoffs as the system sits now). Hence why I don't consider 2013 FSU to really be in the conversation although they were dominate. If I had to pick a number of ranked teams, it would depend on where they are ranked, but I think with the playoff system now (where you are guaranteed to play 2 top 5 opponents should you get in) I think 2-3 regular season ranked opponents would be solid.
  • MoV matters. We are talking ALL TIME. So how you win matters. Essentially demonstrating that no one was on your level that year and no one came that close. Hence my issues with 01 Miami and 18 Clemson.
  • Be undefeated. If you lose, how can you be the best... especially of all time.
  • Win the title. No reason for an all time great team to not have a title. If you are post season banned, well... don't cheat and you will get to prove yourself against other best teams of that year to solidify your stance.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like an over-reaction to me. I am not sure what puts Clemson in that category. They maybe worthy, but I think you should give it a 5 years and then go back and look.

Just noticed this was SRS and that shitty model

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Video reminded me of the 94 Huskers. Check out this video.... it's only a little bit longer than yours lol.

Also, should check out the Brook Berringer documentary "Unbeaten". Pretty good.

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps reading other comments before jumping on mine? I wrote that because AG made the comment about 91’ UW having 12 draft picks. That is thee ONLY REASON I brought that up. Different players succeed at different levels. I by no means use that to determine who was the best of all time. Although it is impressive.

Miami beat #15 Syracuse 59-0. WTF are you talking about? Miami was also up 26-10 in the 4th at #14 VPI before nearly squandering the lead. But a win is a win, as I’m sure you’d agree when 3-9 Washington State made it a game in Lincoln in 95.

Washington St wasn't a game. It was 28-7 going into the 4th quarter and would have been worse had Nebraska not lost 3 fumbles beforehand. We ran for 428 yards on them and gave up a garbage time TD.

Nebraska wasn't contested at all in 95. How many minutes did they trail that season?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington St wasn't a game. It was 28-7 going into the 4th quarter and would have been worse had Nebraska not lost 3 fumbles beforehand. We ran for 428 yards on them and gave up a garbage time TD.

Nebraska wasn't contested at all in 95. How many minutes did they trail that season?

Ok, Miami VPI wasn’t a game. It was 26-10 in the 4th and VPI was a top 15 team. While Wazzou went 3-8. I’m merely using those standards you use.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap husker Bruce tapped in with ralphie lol

HuskerBruce

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Miami VPI wasn’t a game. It was 26-10 in the 4th and VPI was a top 15 team. While Wazzou went 3-8. I’m merely using those standards you use.

They only trailed twice and never in the second quarter which equals 1 minute and 47 seconds of game time. All season. Also, they scored enough points BY HALFTIME in every game they played to win. Statistically, 95 Nebraska was significantly superior offensively and on par on defense. Miami had better pass defense stats and Nebraska had better rush defense stats. Guess what I would rather stop? The run.

Ken Dorsey would have gotten beaten down.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only trailed twice and never in the second quarter which equals 1 minute and 47 seconds of game time. All season. Also, they scored enough points BY HALFTIME in every game they played to win. Statistically, 95 Nebraska was significantly superior offensively and on par on defense. Miami had better pass defense stats and Nebraska had better rush defense stats. Guess what I would rather stop? The run.

Ken Dorsey would have gotten beaten down.

Offense yes, defense Miami had the better defense.

Ken Dorsey was not some amazing player I’m pushing to have Miami #1. He literally almost lost them the game at BC. But the talent around him won it for him The Whole season.