• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rich Teams

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Forbes, via Wikipedia....

1711634281242.png

Which teams are not acting like the richest?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Forbes, via Wikipedia....

View attachment 358207

Which teams are not acting like the richest?
The Red Sox do stick out in that respect but I can put a somewhat positive spin on it for them. Looking at their projected lineup for tonight they have 2 rookies starting at key positions. That is going to keep their payroll low. And they finished under .500 last season. But if the team surprises in the first half they can make a move or two before the deadline.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox do stick out in that respect but I can put a somewhat positive spin on it for them. Looking at their projected lineup for tonight they have 2 rookies starting at key positions. That is going to keep their payroll low. And they finished under .500 last season. But if the team surprises in the first half they can make a move or two before the deadline.

I am 100% agreeable to build from within. I love watching prospects develop. I also like keeping the payroll under the luxury cap and hate massive long term contracts... But not at the expense of a competitive major league team.

They finished in last place two years in a row. The have a glaring hole at SP. They even acknowledged that they would need top end starters this year. GM said they'd be aggressive. CEO said "Full-Throttle". They are well under the tax threshold. Etc.... To not make any significant player investment is sending the wrong message....

I'll be rooting for a successful season, but I'm not betting on it.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% agreeable to build from within. I love watching prospects develop. I also like keeping the payroll under the luxury cap and hate massive long term contracts... But not at the expense of a competitive major league team.

They finished in last place two years in a row. The have a glaring hole at SP. They even acknowledged that they would need top end starters this year. GM said they'd be aggressive. CEO said "Full-Throttle". They are well under the tax threshold. Etc.... To not make any significant player investment is sending the wrong message....

I'll be rooting for a successful season, but I'm not betting on it.
Yeah you're right. When you look at their payroll they could have easily ponied up for a starter or 2.