• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The best CF national champion teams (SRS rating)

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.... USC won by 36 over Oklahoma.... 95 Nebraska beat Florida by 38.

giphy.gif

Why is this comment ALWAYS made when 01 Miami is brought up in the 'greatest ever' conversation? Wow, you mean to tell me that the Miami players made a life choice after the season and THAT should somehwo factor into how good that team played on the field in college at that time?

Um, no. Yes, they were clearly talented, I don't think anyone would deny that. But Syracuse and Va Tech games bring much into question when we are talking about ALL TIME.

Perhaps reading other comments before jumping on mine? I wrote that because AG made the comment about 91’ UW having 12 draft picks. That is thee ONLY REASON I brought that up. Different players succeed at different levels. I by no means use that to determine who was the best of all time. Although it is impressive.

Miami beat #15 Syracuse 59-0. WTF are you talking about? Miami was also up 26-10 in the 4th at #14 VPI before nearly squandering the lead. But a win is a win, as I’m sure you’d agree when 3-9 Washington State made it a game in Lincoln in 95.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps reading other comments before jumping on mine? I wrote that because AG made the comment about 91’ UW having 12 draft picks. That is thee ONLY REASON I brought that up. Different players succeed at different levels. I by no means use that to determine who was the best of all time. Although it is impressive.

Miami beat #15 Syracuse 59-0. WTF are you talking about? Miami was also up 26-10 in the 4th at #14 VPI before nearly squandering the lead. But a win is a win, as I’m sure you’d agree when 3-9 Washington State made it a game in Lincoln in 95.

I wasnt singling you out, perhaps reading other comments before AGs lol and you will see I said something similar already. Impressive, sure. Relevant to what they did on the field, no.

My bad on Syracuse, I meant BC. Idk why I was thinking that, think I just had it on the mind from reading a previous comment.

Squandering a lead is squandering a lead that almost cost them the game. Doesn't sound like a GOAT quality. A win most certainly IS a win... 14>2.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt singling you out, perhaps reading other comments before AGs lol and you will see I said something similar already. Impressive, sure. Relevant to what they did on the field, no.

My bad on Syracuse, I meant BC. Idk why I was thinking that, think I just had it on the mind from reading a previous comment.

Squandering a lead is squandering a lead that almost cost them the game. Doesn't sound like a GOAT quality. A win most certainly IS a win... 14>2.

No, you were absolutely singling me out on the draft comment. Don’t try and lie. An it can be relevant to what they did on. It means they have a tremendous amount of talent or perceived talent. That matters when deciding best ever.

BC game was more of an abhoration and the weather was awful that day. Dorsey threw 4 picks in high wind and rain. Plus BC won 8 games that year. VPI finished #14 in the polls. 8-4 > 3-8

Listen I’m not bashing 95’ Nebraska at all. They are definitely up there as Best Of All Time. But you bringing up games where Miami was playing close games on the road against decent to good teams all the while forgetting Nebraska really didn’t set the world on fire vs a 3 win team at home is dumb.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um... Nebraska was #1, Florida was #2... it was for the National Championship, but because it wasn't the BCS it doesn't count? Even though the only point behind the BCS was to ensure that #1 and #2 played for the title every year.

Um.... semantics?

It was still just the Fiesta Bowl. It wasn't for the national championship. Yeah, #1 played #2. But theoretically, had Tennessee obliterated Ohio State, and Nebraska had struggled, the AP poll could pick them. Or anyone else. The BCS was to standardize and create a championship, not just to pair #1 and #2. It's definitely semantics in this case, but the case stands that it wasn't a championship.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you were absolutely singling me out on the draft comment. Don’t try and lie. An it can be relevant to what they did on. It means they have a tremendous amount of talent or perceived talent. That matters when deciding best ever.

Question. Who the fuck are you? Oh... no one? Then don't tell me the intentions behind my post. As I mentioned, someone else had made similar comments to yours, including AG. It was a comment directed to people that make the stupid ass draft argument HENCE it literally stating

"Why is this comment ALWAYS made when 01 Miami is brought up in the 'greatest ever' conversation?"

Nowhere does it ask why YOU are making the comment, why YOU think this stupid ass way. It asks, why THAT COMMENT is always made. Stop getting butthurt by every little comment made with yours being quoted. You do this little bitch move in EVERY thread, its sad. Just stop. You don't know how I intended the comment and secondly (as just shown), my comment related to the COMMENT about the draft.

BC game was more of an abhoration and the weather was awful that day. Dorsey threw 4 picks in high wind and rain. Plus BC won 8 games that year. VPI finished #14 in the polls. 8-4 > 3-8

The hate flows through you. Make excuses for a close win, it doesn't matter. According to that dumb ass comment about all that talent, the game shouldn't have been close. Bad weather? You mean to tell me BC didn't play on the same field in the same conditions? Only Miami had to deal with the weather? Oh wait, they did... so all things remain the same then.

What is a "abhoration", I am assuming you mean "aberration" in which case.... how could you literally not make the EXACT SAME argument for the WSU/Nebraska game? 8-4 greater than 3-8... can't argue that. But lets throw this on the table then.... 4 top ten wins > 1 top ten win.

Listen I’m not bashing 95’ Nebraska at all. They are definitely up there as Best Of All Time. But you bringing up games where Miami was playing close games on the road against decent to good teams all the while forgetting Nebraska really didn’t set the world on fire vs a 3 win team at home is dumb.

Up there? Yeah, as the GOAT.

Look, 01 Miami was a great team. I would likely have them in my top 5 all time, but it doesn't negate the fact that Miami had their own struggles that year even IF it was their own fault. Miami played 2 teams on the road and struggled... Nebraska played 3 of their top 10 opponents away from home (2 official road games) the average of those was 49-16 and that was against 3 top ten teams including #2. Miami played 1 top ten team in Nebraska (I agree, Nebraska didn't really deserve to be there, but all hell broke loose the week before that put Nebraska right back in it) and won 37-14. Miami dominated Nebraska in 01. Nebraska dominated Colorado, Kansas, and Florida in 95.

Again, any way you want to cut it... Nebraska was better. This is why draft picks gets mentioned... something that happened AFTER the season that bares NO indicator to what the TEAM did.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was still just the Fiesta Bowl. It wasn't for the national championship. Yeah, #1 played #2. But theoretically, had Tennessee obliterated Ohio State, and Nebraska had struggled, the AP poll could pick them. Or anyone else. The BCS was to standardize and create a championship, not just to pair #1 and #2. It's definitely semantics in this case, but the case stands that it wasn't a championship.

Well at least you admitted it was semantics lol... but it absolutely was for the national championship. Here's proof...

ACFF_NationalChamps_1995.jpg

a863d8de7f2db838f17592d9e1f4c84f.jpg
;)

If it wasn't a championship game... why did they call them champions? LOL I get what you are saying, but no. If Florida would have beat Nebraska even in a close game, then they would have been champs. With all intents and purposes it was a championship game.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. Who the fuck are you? Oh... no one? Then don't tell me the intentions behind my post. As I mentioned, someone else had made similar comments to yours, including AG. It was a comment directed to people that make the stupid ass draft argument HENCE it literally stating

"Why is this comment ALWAYS made when 01 Miami is brought up in the 'greatest ever' conversation?"

Nowhere does it ask why YOU are making the comment, why YOU think this stupid ass way. It asks, why THAT COMMENT is always made. Stop getting butthurt by every little comment made with yours being quoted. You do this little bitch move in EVERY thread, its sad. Just stop. You don't know how I intended the comment and secondly (as just shown), my comment related to the COMMENT about the draft.

The hate flows through you. Make excuses for a close win, it doesn't matter. According to that dumb ass comment about all that talent, the game shouldn't have been close. Bad weather? You mean to tell me BC didn't play on the same field in the same conditions? Only Miami had to deal with the weather? Oh wait, they did... so all things remain the same then.

What is a "abhoration", I am assuming you mean "aberration" in which case.... how could you literally not make the EXACT SAME argument for the WSU/Nebraska game? 8-4 greater than 3-8... can't argue that. But lets throw this on the table then.... 4 top ten wins > 1 top ten win.

Up there? Yeah, as the GOAT.

Look, 01 Miami was a great team. I would likely have them in my top 5 all time, but it doesn't negate the fact that Miami had their own struggles that year even IF it was their own fault. Miami played 2 teams on the road and struggled... Nebraska played 3 of their top 10 opponents away from home (2 official road games) the average of those was 49-16 and that was against 3 top ten teams including #2. Miami played 1 top ten team in Nebraska (I agree, Nebraska didn't really deserve to be there, but all hell broke loose the week before that put Nebraska right back in it) and won 37-14. Miami dominated Nebraska in 01. Nebraska dominated Colorado, Kansas, and Florida in 95.

Again, any way you want to cut it... Nebraska was better. This is why draft picks gets mentioned... something that happened AFTER the season that bares NO indicator to what the TEAM did.

Who the fuck am I? Whole the fuck are you? I noticed you didn’t quote AG on his UW draft pick post. You know, the one that started my response. You quoted MY POST and asked that stupid ass question. Don’t you dare act like that question was directed at anyone when you quoted MY POST you simple bitch. An you have the audacity to say I do this little bitch move? Anytime someone doesn’t think 95 Nebraska was the greatest you have to get sand in your vagina over it. You are proving it here. Stop being a little bitch because not everyone shares your opinion on 95 Nebraska.

I’m not making any excuses dipshit. I’m not the biased clown shit that is trying to talk up a 14 point win over a 3-8 as better than a win at a 8 win team. Absolutely Nebraska’s win over Wazzo was an aberration. (Yeah I fucked that word up). But it still happened. That’s why you throwing the opinion of Miami not being one of the best ever out is ridiculous. An their average was 50-15 in the regular season top 25 teams they played. An 5 top 25 wins > 4 top 25 wins.

The VPI game was hardly a struggle. It was 26-10 in the 4th quarter. VPI was RANKED in the top 15. BC was legit the only game they struggled. An again, weather was absolutely horrible for both teams and Dorsey threw 4 picks.

The last paragraph is the exact bitch move you and a lot of other bug eaters do. Anyone that does not submit to your opinion on this is wrong. 95 Nebraska is the best thing ever! I don’t submit to this opinion. I think it’s between those two.

Last edited:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck am I? Whole the fuck are you? I noticed you didn’t quote AG on his UW draft pick post. You know, the one that started my response. You quoted MY POST and asked that stupid ass question. Don’t you dare act like that question was directed at anyone when you quoted MY POST you simple bitch. An you have the audacity to say I do this little bitch move? Anytime someone doesn’t think 95 Nebraska was the greatest you have to get sand in your vagina over it. You are proving it here. Stop being a little bitch because not everyone shares your opinion on 95 Nebraska.

I’m not making any excuses dipshit. I’m not the biased clown shit that is trying to talk up a 14 point win over a 3-8 as better than a win at a 8 win team. Absolutely Nebraska’s win over Wazzo was an aberration. (Yeah I fucked that word up). But it still happened. That’s why you throwing the opinion of Miami not being one of the best ever out is ridiculous. An 5 top 25 wins > 4 top 25 wins.

The VPI game was hardly a struggle. It was 26-10 in the 4th quarter. VPI was RANKED in the top 15. BC was legit the only game they struggled. An again, weather was absolutely horrible for both teams and Dorsey threw 4 picks.

The last paragraph is the exact bitch move you and a lot of other bug eaters do. Anyone that does not submit to your opinion on this is wrong. 95 Nebraska is the best thing ever! I don’t submit to this opinion. I think it’s between those two.
My dick is bigger than yours!

i can pee further too

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dick is bigger than yours!

i can pee further too

Most people that brag about their dicks compared to others usually have smaller dicks. TRUE STORY

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people that brag about their dicks compared to others usually have smaller dicks. TRUE STORY
I wouldnt know, i dont look at other peoples dicks.

Thanks for falling on that sword (many times)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not making any excuses dipshit. I’m not the biased clown shit that is trying to talk up a 14 point win over a 3-8 as better than a win at a 8 win team. Absolutely Nebraska’s win over Wazzo was an aberration. (Yeah I fucked that word up). But it still happened. That’s why you throwing the opinion of Miami not being one of the best ever out is ridiculous. An 5 top 25 wins > 4 top 25 wins.

Who the fuck am I? I am the one that knows what he meant by what he said, not someone whining about a perceived slight like a little bitch telling someone else what they meant by what THEY said. You notice I didn't quote AG so it MUST be all directed at you. You pathetic little person, I quoted your statement PURELY because it was the most RECENT and since I was quoting someone else as well in the same post, I didn't want it to be too long/big. That is the only reason.

Don't dare? Oh, I fucking dare. Whatcha gonna do? Lol at your internet tough guy routine, it needs work.

Yes you do this bitch move where you act like someone is singling you out all the time just because they quoted you. Grow the fuck up. Someone quoting you isn't that big of a deal, relax, your anxiety is showing.

I don't care about your opinion of the 95 Huskers. What I care about is your logic. I try to show you how you and others (added that in there so you don't go cut yourself) make irrelevant statements to conversations like these. Draft picks mean nothing aside from talent. Tanner Lee got drafted... must of been on a world beating team that struggled against no one, right? No, the team sucked, I can say that objectively. Like BusSport said, 1-11 Central Michigan had 2 draft picks.... WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Trying to spin the rankings? Here, lets make this more accurate. You think 5 top 25 (1 top ten) wins is better than 4 top ten wins? LMAO.
giphy.gif

Exactly, weather was bad for both teams. So talent is all that remains. Miami had 17 first rounders... why'd they struggle? Dorsey threw 4 picks... you keep saying that, maybe he should have been better.

You may consider 26-10... to 26-24 final is not struggling, I think most would disagree with you. Especially when you are trying to make an argument that the team that almost gave that game away should be the GOAT.

Again, I don't care if you are undecided on who you think is the GOAT. You could think it could be the 1945 Army team, I don't care.
giphy.gif

But you want to make an argument that a factor should be the number of draft picks, I am going to call you out on that dumbass logic. It is irrelevant.

Lol 'this is what all you guys do'. If it is a bitch move, tell me where I am wrong in that last paragraph, those are ACTUAL stats.

Yes, I believe that 95 Nebraska is the GOAT. 01 Miami, 04 USC, 05 Texas, 91 Washington, 71 Nebraska, 18 Clemson, etc... are all great teams. Some better than others, but honestly, I think only 18 Clemson has a real argument here and it is (in my opinion) too difficult to make given the differences that exist from then to now across the board.

Just stop whining. Think whatever you want (you're going to anyway), but again, I only quoted yours because your comment was the most recent and I was already responding to someone else and didn't want the post too long/big.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck am I? I am the one that knows what he meant by what he said, not someone whining about a perceived slight like a little bitch telling someone else what they meant by what THEY said. You notice I didn't quote AG so it MUST be all directed at you. You pathetic little person, I quoted your statement PURELY because it was the most RECENT and since I was quoting someone else as well in the same post, I didn't want it to be too long/big. That is the only reason.

Don't dare? Oh, I fucking dare. Whatcha gonna do? Lol at your internet tough guy routine, it needs work.

Yes you do this bitch move where you act like someone is singling you out all the time just because they quoted you. Grow the fuck up. Someone quoting you isn't that big of a deal, relax, your anxiety is showing.

I don't care about your opinion of the 95 Huskers. What I care about is your logic. I try to show you how you and others (added that in there so you don't go cut yourself) make irrelevant statements to conversations like these. Draft picks mean nothing aside from talent. Tanner Lee got drafted... must of been on a world beating team that struggled against no one, right? No, the team sucked, I can say that objectively. Like BusSport said, 1-11 Central Michigan had 2 draft picks.... WHO GIVES A FUCK?

Trying to spin the rankings? Here, lets make this more accurate. You think 5 top 25 (1 top ten) wins is better than 4 top ten wins? LMAO.
giphy.gif

Exactly, weather was bad for both teams. So talent is all that remains. Miami had 17 first rounders... why'd they struggle? Dorsey threw 4 picks... you keep saying that, maybe he should have been better.

You may consider 26-10... to 26-24 final is not struggling, I think most would disagree with you. Especially when you are trying to make an argument that the team that almost gave that game away should be the GOAT.

Again, I don't care if you are undecided on who you think is the GOAT. You could think it could be the 1945 Army team, I don't care.
giphy.gif

But you want to make an argument that a factor should be the number of draft picks, I am going to call you out on that dumbass logic. It is irrelevant.

Lol 'this is what all you guys do'. If it is a bitch move, tell me where I am wrong in that last paragraph, those are ACTUAL stats.

Yes, I believe that 95 Nebraska is the GOAT. 01 Miami, 04 USC, 05 Texas, 91 Washington, 71 Nebraska, 18 Clemson, etc... are all great teams. Some better than others, but honestly, I think only 18 Clemson has a real argument here and it is (in my opinion) too difficult to make given the differences that exist from then to now across the board.

Just stop whining. Think whatever you want (you're going to anyway), but again, I only quoted yours because your comment was the most recent and I was already responding to someone else and didn't want the post too long/big.

Literally you are saying I’m the one whining yet here you are crying because I don’t agree with your OPINION. The only one trying to be an internet tough guys is you. You are getting all bent out of shape because I don’t submit to your OPINION.

You didn’t want it to be too long? Yet here you are writing me novels. LMAO

An usually when you quote and respond to someone about what they wrote. You are responding to that person. You responded to my post as if I was the one starting that topic. Respond to AG if you want to point to someone bringing up draft picks.

An bullshit you don’t care. You wouldn’t be writing me novels on here on how your “logic” is right and mine is wrong. Your so full of shit and the hypocrisy in you is grand.

You are going to pretend draft picks don’t factor in being called GOAT at all? The only guess on that is because Nebraska lacked them from that team.

An Miami struggled at 8–4 BC and 8-4 VPI while Nebraska struggled at home with 3-8 Wazzou. You can’t do that and be called GOAT.

An shut the fuck up with calling someone else a “whiner.” Again with the i didn’t want it “too long” yet here you are writing a novel.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally you are saying I’m the one whining yet here you are crying because I don’t agree with your OPINION. The only one trying to be an internet tough guys is you. You are getting all bent out of shape because I don’t submit to your OPINION.

You didn’t want it to be too long? Yet here you are writing me novels. LMAO

An usually when you quote and respond to someone about what they wrote. You are responding to that person. You responded to my post as if I was the one starting that topic. Respond to AG if you want to point to someone bringing up draft picks.

An bullshit you don’t care. You wouldn’t be writing me novels on here on how your “logic” is right and mine is wrong. Your so full of shit and the hypocrisy in you is grand.

You are going to pretend draft picks don’t factor in being called GOAT at all? The only guess on that is because Nebraska lacked them from that team.

An Miami struggled at 8–4 BC and 8-4 VPI while Nebraska struggled at home with 3-8 Wazzou. You can’t do that and be called GOAT.

An shut the fuck up with calling someone else a “whiner.” Again with the i didn’t want it “too long” yet here you are writing a novel.

Whatever dude, you are whining. Never once did I say that you have to think 95 Nebraska is better. I literally stated repeatedly, "I don't care".

Yeah, I'm writing you novels because I've had an annoying day and you are the cherry little bitch on top.

Don't be stupid, Nebraska lacked draft picks because their offense isn't conducive with the NFL. But yes, draft picks have NOTHING to do with being the GOAT. If it did, then again, tell me how much of a great team 2018 Central Michigan was. I'll wait.

If you want to call a 14 point win a struggle, fine, that's you. But I think everyone would think a 2 point win would be considered a struggle. Hell, even the Clemson fan didn't deny it earlier when we talked about last years 2 point win over A&M. He understood where I was coming from and he also knew that his QB situation was likely a reason.

Whatever dude, you are whining. You're whining because I quoted you and not AG as well.

You because I quote you alone
giphy.gif

Me
giphy.gif

Will this make you shut the fuck up?

@AlaskaGuy: 91 Washington had 12 draft picks.

Hey AG, who gives a fuck? It doesn't matter. It shows talent, not how good the TEAM was working together. 91 Washington was a great team, no denying that. But you aren't best ever due to having 12 draft picks. Your logic is dumb.

Now please....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really where all this started....

I wasnt singling you out, perhaps reading other comments before AGs lol and you will see I said something similar already.

No, you were absolutely singling me out on the draft comment. Don’t try and lie.

Tell me how I am the emotional one again.

giphy.gif

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude, you are whining. Never once did I say that you have to think 95 Nebraska is better. I literally stated repeatedly, "I don't care".

Yeah, I'm writing you novels because I've had an annoying day and you are the cherry little bitch on top.

Don't be stupid, Nebraska lacked draft picks because their offense isn't conducive with the NFL. But yes, draft picks have NOTHING to do with being the GOAT. If it did, then again, tell me how much of a great team 2018 Central Michigan was. I'll wait.

If you want to call a 14 point win a struggle, fine, that's you. But I think everyone would think a 2 point win would be considered a struggle. Hell, even the Clemson fan didn't deny it earlier when we talked about last years 2 point win over A&M. He understood where I was coming from and he also knew that his QB situation was likely a reason.

Whatever dude, you are whining. You're whining because I quoted you and not AG as well.

You because I quote you alone
giphy.gif

Me
giphy.gif

Will this make you shut the fuck up?

@AlaskaGuy: 91 Washington had 12 draft picks.

Hey AG, who gives a fuck? It doesn't matter. It shows talent, not how good the TEAM was working together. 91 Washington was a great team, no denying that. But you aren't best ever due to having 12 draft picks. Your logic is dumb.

Now please....

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I laughed reading that entire post.

It wasn't "Just the Fiesta Bowl". It was the Fiesta Bowl's round-robin turn to HOST the "National Championship".

"Had Nebraska struggled, Had Tennessee obliterated" WTF? LOL How long did you think of that comeback?

Pay attention....

Florida and Nebraska were both undefeated (12-0). Regardless of how close that game was, the winner would be named National Champions.
To eliminate your halfwit retort, #2 Florida had already beaten Tennessee (62-37) that season. Yeah, they were gonna give the nod to the Vols had #1 Nebraska struggled but still won. LMFAO!!
"Or anybody else", you say?......Everybody else, #4 thru #10 had two losses. LOL

Let's continue....

The 1996 Bowl Alliance...

"The Bowl Alliance was an agreement among college football bowl games (specifically the Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta Bowls) for the purpose of trying to match the top two teams in a national championship bowl game and to provide quality bowl game matchups for the champions of its member conferences. The agreement was in place for the 1995, 1996, and 1997 seasons and had replaced the Bowl Coalition. Each participating team in the Bowl Alliance Championship received $8.5 million from the television sponsors.
Bowl Alliance - Wikipedia"

And more....

"College Football Bowl Alliance Part 1
Subcommittee members heard testimony from several senators and representatives of athletic conferences concerning the college bowl alliance, which dictates that member bowl games alternate the national championship game from year to year."
College Football Bowl Alliance Part 1 | C-SPAN.org

giphy.gif