• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we are trading JF,it wont be until after combine.....
The point of my post was it's not like any of the Bears brass or coaching staff are going to so much as blink when it comes to the direction they'll be taking in the coming weeks. They're obviously being bombarded with Fields trade questions every time they hold any type of presser or even a one-on-one interview. Poles has clearly instructed his people to keep their yaps shut and throw away the key until he's ready to make his moves. And yes, I also see no further action until after the combines.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, these are somewhat bold predictions, especially #s2 & 4:

For the lazies:

*Sign Justin Madubuike - Best DT on the market not named Chris Jones, had a monster year with the Ravens, but he won't come cheap
*Tag & trade JJ - This is the truly bold prediction of the four, don't see it happening, but if we could get a 1st for him? Hmmmm.....
*Trade the #1 pick - Duh, it's only the 5,000th time this has been brought up
*Select JJ McCarthy as our new QB - Let's not and say we did

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read Fields is being traded to the Falcons when FA starts.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good day watching the combines. Today featured the various activites for the DT, Edge, and LB groups. Four in particular impressed me:

Dallas Turner - 2nd fastest 40 time today, only one to hit a 40' vertical. But being under 6'3, he might be touch smallish for a 4 down DE.
Jared Verse - Really did well today, including a surprising 4.58/40. Projected as a mid-teen draft pick at best, he may have upped his stock.
Chop Robinson - Just a shade shorter and slower than Turner, but stockier. He performed in all of the tasks and looked good doing them.
Laiatu Latu - Dude does everything well and smoothly, no weakness in his game; size strength, speed, bend. Just a solid all round package.

It should be pointed out that Turner worked with the linebacker group, the other three with the DEs. One other rather funny point of interest is the fastest 40 time run today was 4.43 by LB Payton Wilson.....who says white guys can't run!!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good day watching the combines. Today featured the various activites for the DT, Edge, and LB groups. Four in particular impressed me:

Dallas Turner - 2nd fastest 40 time today, only one to hit a 40' vertical. But being under 6'3, he might be touch smallish for a 4 down DE.
Jared Verse - Really did well today, including a surprising 4.58/40. Projected as a mid-teen draft pick at best, he may have upped his stock.
Chop Robinson - Just a shade shorter and slower than Turner, but stockier. He performed in all of the tasks and looked good doing them.
Laiatu Latu - Dude does everything well and smoothly, no weakness in his game; size strength, speed, bend. Just a solid all round package.

It should be pointed out that Turner worked with the linebacker group, the other three with the DEs. One other rather funny point of interest is the fastest 40 time run today was 4.43 by LB Payton Wilson.....who says white guys can't run!!!

I seen a slo-mo of Dallas doing a vertical jump,he can get up there'

And seen Payton run his 40,that was crazy fast.......:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to hopefully another abysmal year for the Panthers:

Nothing personal Carolina fans, it's only because we have their '25 2nd round pick, which could result in a low-mid 30's pick.

That poor team,that gm they had really made a mess for the new gm and poor olYoungs career........
Great for us,but damn to see a franchise struggle because of a botched draft is disheartening.......lll

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That poor team,that gm they had really made a mess for the new gm and poor olYoungs career........
Great for us,but damn to see a franchise struggle because of a botched draft is disheartening.......lll
I just moved out of South Carolina a week ago. Yeah, Panthers fans are miserable. That team is in a major hole. It would be one thing if Young showed any kind of promise, but... oof. The whole thing was (and is) very rough.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just moved out of South Carolina a week ago. Yeah, Panthers fans are miserable. That team is in a major hole. It would be one thing if Young showed any kind of promise, but... oof. The whole thing was (and is) very rough.

Young has nothing but an over the hill wr in Adam Thielen,no te, no rb and no oline to speak of......
Add no first rd pick this seasonon on top of that,and they will be fighting for the top pick again next season......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young has nothing but an over the hill wr in Adam Thielen,no te, no rb and no oline to speak of......
Add no first rd pick this seasonon on top of that,and they will be fighting for the top pick again next season......
Thielen grabbed 103 catches and 1,000 plus yards in spite of playing in that hell hole and Hayden Hurst certainly doesn't suck. The RB room isn't awful either, IMO. The line sucks, but I think Young looked bad, regardless. When pressured or not.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll continue to hope thru free agency that Poles signs a veteran center, being there are a number of quality players available, and I think this is the best route to take. If we're going with a rookie QB to start the '24 campaign, I'd prefer he's not given a rookie center to snap the ball as well.

However, in the event Poles chooses to instead rely on the draft, here are some potential late day 2/early day 3 candidates, assuming of course that he doesn't do a trade back with either the #1 or #9 pick to nab us a 2nd rounder, and he sure as hell isn't taking a center with either of those rd 1 picks.

Tanor Bortolini, Wisconsin
Drake Nugent, Michigan
Beaux Limmer, Arkansas
Matt Lee, Miami

It doesn't appear that any of these guys will be taken in the 1st two rounds, altho Bortolini did himself some favors and killed it at the combine today. So it's possible he might sneak into the late 2nd round. Need to do some info diving on these four, but on paper they appear to be decent possibilities.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thielen grabbed 103 catches and 1,000 plus yards in spite of playing in that hell hole and Hayden Hurst certainly doesn't suck. The RB room isn't awful either, IMO. The line sucks, but I think Young looked bad, regardless. When pressured or not.

56 yards per game from a wr sucks.......thatd not in the top 25,probably not even top 30......

Infact,thats good for 32nd.....

Hell lets add another game next season and brag on 1000 yard recievers......

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56 yards per game from a wr sucks.......thatd not in the top 25,probably not even top 30......

Infact,thats good for 32nd.....

Hell lets add another game next season and brag on 1000 yard recievers......
So, being tied for 9th in receptions and 25th among all WR's in the NFL (of which there are 200ish who see the field each year) "sucks". Okay, I mean, there's 32 teams and 9th in catches/25th in yardage certainly places you in the top 32. He was more productive than a good chunk of other team's #1's and he did so in an offense that was complete shit.

Regardless, you're entirely missing the point. I'm not here to argue that Young's supporting cast was good. It wasn't. That being said - he also was plenty bad himself and never showed anything to speak of which demonstrated tangible hope. It's very common for a #1 overall pick to be on a horrible team and lose a lot in year one. However, for those who work out long term, there's typically glimpses of good play and upside in the midst of it. Young didn't have that. He just looks small and without any tools which make him interesting.

What is Young good at, exactly? It sort of reminds me of Trubisky and my issues with him. "What is this guy good at?" Mitch's best skill was his "decent" ability to run with the ball. Nothing else. Not as a passer.

I just don't see ANYTHING with Young. He's undersized, his athleticism is far from standing out on an NFL field, his arm isn't a standout tool either... What is it? Why should I buy this kid? This looks like an awful pick to have mortgaged your future for. Will he get better? I'm sure. Will he become a franchise QB? That's gonna take A LOT.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, being tied for 9th in receptions and 25th among all WR's in the NFL (of which there are 200ish who see the field each year) "sucks". Okay, I mean, there's 32 teams and 9th in catches/25th in yardage certainly places you in the top 32. He was more productive than a good chunk of other team's #1's and he did so in an offense that was complete shit.

Regardless, you're entirely missing the point. I'm not here to argue that Young's supporting cast was good. It wasn't. That being said - he also was plenty bad himself and never showed anything to speak of which demonstrated tangible hope. It's very common for a #1 overall pick to be on a horrible team and lose a lot in year one. However, for those who work out long term, there's typically glimpses of good play and upside in the midst of it. Young didn't have that. He just looks small and without any tools which make him interesting.

What is Young good at, exactly? It sort of reminds me of Trubisky and my issues with him. "What is this guy good at?" Mitch's best skill was his "decent" ability to run with the ball. Nothing else. Not as a passer.

I just don't see ANYTHING with Young. He's undersized, his athleticism is far from standing out on an NFL field, his arm isn't a standout tool either... What is it? Why should I buy this kid? This looks like an awful pick to have mortgaged your future for. Will he get better? I'm sure. Will he become a franchise QB? That's gonna take A LOT.

Dude stop with the stupid shit......

Thielen is old ,he is 33 and at the ending if his career,.....his better days are over.
Young had to have someone throw ti,if DJ was still in Carolina,Adam would be a distant memory......
It takes him 17 games to barely hit a 1000 yds......??

Youngs numbers would be a little more different with DJ there.....no??

As for how good Youg is....??.....I have no ides,and neither do you.

Its gonna be atleadt 2 more seasons before anyone can possibly know.....Carolina us absolutley screwed.

Chubba Hubbard.....ya ok.
Hayden Hurst.....lol....ya ok.

Whatevs,you think these guys are franchise pllayers.....??

There is talk of the NFL going to 18 game season......just think of all the great players hitting a 1000 yd season.......wow cant wait.