• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sheet...with Harold now at 1.3 instead of Irish...I'm back to hoping for the best WR...outside shot that a RB might sneak past Irish, no chance in hell with Harold...FML...I HATE my current draft spot. Ain't worth a lick in trades, and I dont need another damned WR

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally accomplished one of my career goals: I've now consumed an entire bottle of Angel's Envy on the company dime.

Tasty stuff, especially when not footing the bill!

@Yellow Fuzzies - let me know if there's still something brewing, either via PM or another offer

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sheet...with Harold now at 1.3 instead of Irish...I'm back to hoping for the best WR...outside shot that a RB might sneak past Irish, no chance in hell with Harold...FML...I HATE my current draft spot. Ain't worth a lick in trades, and I dont need another damned WR
Yea was thinking the same after locking down the PIT backfield. ..... but heck, if you really hate it I'd send ya the 2.8 for it then you'd have a better reason for hating. .... :D

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally accomplished one of my career goals: I've now consumed an entire bottle of Angel's Envy on the company dime.

Tasty stuff, especially when not footing the bill!

@Yellow Fuzzies - let me know if there's still something brewing, either via PM or another offer
Waiting on Clemson- Then I will let you know.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting on Clemson- Then I will let you know.

giphy.gif

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't seem confused. You properly rejected but did not counter.

Give me a moment to look things over, easier to reject at work than it is to counter. Getting the kids bathed and in bed, but I'll dig in for a bit tonight

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty strikes again. Damn Irish for not trading Lockett to me.:rolleyes2:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty strikes again. Damn Irish for not trading Lockett to me.:rolleyes2:
Well, he's in new hands that will move pretty much anyone (for a price). .... Irish was hard-on for the next yr pick in the deal, which as much moving around as I do, was an easy pill to swallow. I really have a need to get younger at WR and that works well in this deal..... that and takes some guess-work out of what the heck NE does. .... he's still stacked at starters so it made sense for him to think ahead. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He traded Lockett because he was much higher on Metcalf and didn't want both of them. And Lockett did mysteriously disappear for stretches last year. Lockett closed with 5 of 7 games of 6.3 points or less and Tim had him in several other leagues and he was partly responsible for him losing in the playoffs. It's really hard to keep guys like that on your roster when they've screwed you in the past.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He traded Lockett because he was much higher on Metcalf and didn't want both of them. And Lockett did mysteriously disappear for stretches last year. Lockett closed with 5 of 7 games of 6.3 points or less and Tim had him in several other leagues and he was partly responsible for him losing in the playoffs. It's really hard to keep guys like that on your roster when they've screwed you in the past.
IDK. I mentioned having two WRs from same team not being idea , yet be put Thielen in his counter instead. I actually asked for Metcalf to begin.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I know he was trying to breakup the SEA connection. With Olsen also he basically would have bee screwed if Wilson were to go down. Didn't even bother going after Metcalf since he was sooooo pleased to get him last yr. Let's face it, they all have their ups and downs, especially on teams that wanna run the ball - just have to hope they are up when you play 'em. ... and at 26 he's still got plenty of yrs left - perhaps a few elsewhere.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. I mentioned having two WRs from same team not being idea , yet be put Thielen in his counter instead. I actually asked for Metcalf to begin.

He prob didn't realize you like those seahawks! I can easily see him thinking Thielen would carry some more weight vs Lockett to get that deal completed.

Oh I know he was trying to breakup the SEA connection. With Olsen also he basically would have bee screwed if Wilson were to go down. Didn't even bother going after Metcalf since he was sooooo pleased to get him last yr. Let's face it, they all have their ups and downs, especially on teams that wanna run the ball - just have to hope they are up when you play 'em. ... and at 26 he's still got plenty of yrs left - perhaps a few elsewhere.

prob a slight bargain on your end getting Lockett for an aging Edelman that could very possibly be without Brady next year, but I don't really see a big advantage to either side of this deal, to be honest. As with all deals this time of year, hitting on the picks would tip the scales the other direction, but would have to get very lucky on that end. If Metcalf takes a step forward in his development with Wilson, Lockett could lose a lot of consistency in a hurry, and as Bandit pointed out - he returned to being streaky last year as Metcalf's role increased.

Will be an interesting one to look back on next off season!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The age thing and iffy status of Brady was the difference for me. .... when you have a 37yr old, and 2-34yr old WRs it's time to do something. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently that something was to immediately trade him away. LOL.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irish seeing Lockett go for Shepard and 2021 1st after moving him for Edelman and some 2nd/3rd round picks

giphy.gif

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irish seeing Lockett go for Shepard and 2021 1st after moving him for Edelman and some 2nd/3rd round picks

giphy.gif
Crazy how some peeps view player X as a valuable stud, and other view that same player X as little more than a nice option to have in a pinch

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of pricey move for me, but think it would be hard to acquire a better WR for a first next year and felt I needed a bump at WR. Lot of teams can't afford to move a decent WR.
As for Irish.....yeah he's likely wishing he had shopped around some.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And apparently that something was to immediately trade him away. LOL.
Well, it was a quick discussion that led to that deal. As I told Harold, if nothing else I can look forward to next yrs draft. ...Pleasure Harold - you got your man, and I got a little younger. Jury is still out as to his usefulness but hoping for the best. ...