• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat me down while I am in Vegas.
Actually you beat me down on that one since it was much less than I started with - but fool me twice David (not just once) and it's move on. ..... Marvin comes back to the team that originally drafted him - so, guess it was a do-over - wish I could do that on some of the other bonehead trades I've made (although they looked good at the time). .... to each and all I've made better - you're welcome.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one really surprises me. I'm glad you didn't come knockin' on my door because I would have overpaid by a lot :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one really surprises me. I'm glad you didn't come knockin' on my door because I would have overpaid by a lot :)

Surprise he didn’t shop Johnson around. I would think he could of done better.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Monkey and Bandit agree to a deal. Monkey sends Bandit Philip Rivers and Bandit's 3rd rounder back for Brian Hill. Had to try and get a quarterback other than Jeff Driskel for this week. Nice negotiating and coming to a deal with you Monkey. I often wonder if NFL GM's use text messaging like the rest of us to get deals done. LOL.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Monkey and Bandit agree to a deal. Monkey sends Bandit Philip Rivers and Bandit's 3rd rounder back for Brian Hill. Had to try and get a quarterback other than Jeff Driskel for this week. Nice negotiating and coming to a deal with you Monkey. I often wonder if NFL GM's use text messaging like the rest of us to get deals done. LOL.

All of them do except patriots, BB has a different burner phone for every team, and routes his calls through a VPN so no one can call him back

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet the married ones do. The wives beat texting as the only acceptable form of communication into our brains, before we know it, its all we do too!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprise he didn’t shop Johnson around. I would think he could of done better.
Also a bit shocked he didn't try to sell a RB to the RB hungry MBBRL'ers in the league.
I offered significantly less. Given DJ's current situation, and recent production, forgetting his name value, I'd say he got more than fair value
I'm sure all these points are valid. And yea, probably should have shopped him a bit more, and maybe gotten a bit more. But, in honestly, it just seemed the best deal should come from the guy with the most to benefit. He wasn't gonna come off Drake, given current state of affairs, and once I read Kliff take on RBs (I hate committees even though most are anymore) - so perhaps it was more a panic move than good sense. But DJ was essentially unplayable for me - cost me 2 games while being stubborn about it. Guess we will see as time goes on. Funny but prying Fuzzy's top IDP was perhaps the hardest piece of the deal. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often times deals don't turn out the way they first look.

Did Fuzz buy low or did Lefty get something before the whole thing falls apart for DJ?

Time will tell, kudos Lefty, cause either way, you're willing to hit "offer" or "accept" more often than most, and it's hard to do in dynasty, imo

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Often times deals don't turn out the way they first look.
Did Fuzz buy low or did Lefty get something before the whole thing falls apart for DJ?
Time will tell, kudos Lefty, cause either way, you're willing to hit "offer" or "accept" more often than most, and it's hard to do in dynasty, imo
All true, my man, sometimes I need to just keep my hands in my pockets - but the way I figure it, nothing ventured, nothing gained (although I haven't had near the success this yr as last at the gains) - but it's still fun to try. .... :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true, my man, sometimes I need to just keep my hands in my pockets - but the way I figure it, nothing ventured, nothing gained (although I haven't had near the success this yr as last at the gains) - but it's still fun to try. .... :suds:
Well that's where I tip my hat to you sir. I could've acquired Gordon, I could've acquired Kamara, hell I even had a chance to acquire CMac, all I had to do was hit accept. But I couldn't do it, didn't have the stones to hit accept. Any one of them may bite me in the ass, or they could all turn out to be smart "non moves", but either way, all that remains is I can't pull that trigger and take the chance, but you often do. Bravo

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure all these points are valid. And yea, probably should have shopped him a bit more, and maybe gotten a bit more. But, in honestly, it just seemed the best deal should come from the guy with the most to benefit. He wasn't gonna come off Drake, given current state of affairs, and once I read Kliff take on RBs (I hate committees even though most are anymore) - so perhaps it was more a panic move than good sense. But DJ was essentially unplayable for me - cost me 2 games while being stubborn about it. Guess we will see as time goes on. Funny but prying Fuzzy's top IDP was perhaps the hardest piece of the deal. ....
I do love those IDPs.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I get it about David Johnson right now if you need to win now, but it's not like he was playing bad before he got hurt. And I seem to remember that he signed an extension before this year. Not sure of the specifics but I thought it was over $30,000,000 guaranteed which would mean it would be a massive amount of dead money for them to move on from him and Drake's a free agent so there's no way they are going to pay him unless they can find a trade partner to take on Johnson's salary and that isn't going to happen right now. In re-draft I totally understand moving on, but in dynasty I just don't see it yet. We were just offered Dede Westbrook in one dynasty league straight up for David Johnson by the guy that has Drake because he was looking to get Drake's backup. In weeks 1-6 Johnson averaged 20.22 fantasy points per week in PPR. Maybe I'll hold on to him too long, but I'm damn sure not trading him for Dede freaking Westbrook.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I get it about David Johnson right now if you need to win now, but it's not like he was playing bad before he got hurt. And I seem to remember that he signed an extension before this year. Not sure of the specifics but I thought it was over $30,000,000 guaranteed which would mean it would be a massive amount of dead money for them to move on from him and Drake's a free agent so there's no way they are going to pay him unless they can find a trade partner to take on Johnson's salary and that isn't going to happen right now. In re-draft I totally understand moving on, but in dynasty I just don't see it yet. We were just offered Dede Westbrook in one dynasty league straight up for David Johnson by the guy that has Drake because he was looking to get Drake's backup. In weeks 1-6 Johnson averaged 20.22 fantasy points per week in PPR. Maybe I'll hold on to him too long, but I'm damn sure not trading him for Dede freaking Westbrook.
how about Dede and a #5?? :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Johnson signed a three year, $39 million contract extension with the Cardinals on September 10, 2018. Johnson's injury guarantee is worth $31,882,500 with $24,682,500 being fully guaranteed at signing. Johnson's full guarantee consists of a $12 million signing bonus, his 2018 and 2019 base salaries, and $5.1 million of his 2020 base salary. If Johnson is on the roster on the 3rd day of the 2019 league year the balance of his 2020 base salary will be fully guaranteed. If on the roster on the 3rd day of the 2020 league year, $2.1 million of Johnson's 2021 salary will become fully guaranteed. Every year of the contract there are $1.05 million in roster bonuses tied to being active. Another $6 million in incentives can increase the value of the contract to $45 million if earned.
--------------
So, yea Bandit are correct on the extension. However, that was before the Kliff era started. With that said, I find it hard to put a lot of stock in any offensive player outside of Murray. Each week there is a new offensive 'toy' that shines. Personally, I think the best thing for Johnson is to be traded to a team that values RB's more, in which case his stock goes up. Not saying he is a throw away, especially for the likes of Westbrook. But at the present time he's just not someone you can look towards as a no-brainer start. If Drake goes down, maybe that all changes, yet it just doesn't appear in the Kliff scheme that any RB's is very valuable. .... that's just my take.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, thanks to Jared Goff fuckin' the dog, the Raiders insistence on throwing inside the five, and Cooper's knee, added to my own inability to find a more suitable replacement for Michel, AND my D coordinator sucking ass (I mean come on..Gurley finally shows up again, a linebacker gets an int, Brees barely hits 200 but has 3 scores, Edelman throws for a TD, Zeke and Landry have a shit days but still score TD's. Wtf????)

I need Mahommes and Reek to REALLY have exceptional games tonight. If my math is right I need about 61 points, which is within the realm of possibility, but not all that likely.

Gonna be right back to where I was last week, FOCK!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This league has been really strange this year. You got the two guys at the top in Harold and Clemson and then everybody else has been pretty equal. Both the teams that were at the bottom sitting at 1-8 two weeks ago will most likely be on two game winning streaks after this week and be at 3-8 (certainly no tanking going on this year) and the team that I thought was going to be the guy to beat before the season (Monkey) is going to be at 3-8 with them. Absolutely crazy season. And look at the bright side Treff. If I knock off Fout this week, even if you do lose this week you will still be the #6 seed at 5-6. LOL. That #6 seed is going to be completely up for grabs. We will have two weeks to go in the season and technically not one team will have been eliminated from the playoffs.