• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G can kiss my ass

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they add Saturday games, those will be new, additional national games. They will NOT be eliminating any other national games.

What do you think they would do? Move Sunday Night Football to Saturday night?

Move Fox's game of the week from Sunday afternoon to Saturday afternoon?

These would be ADDITIONAL national games
Ok genius. Now tell me how they are going to work the NFL ticket?

They’ve bought the fucking games and there are consequences and revenue issues with any shuffle. If you go National with all the games then you lose revenue on the other delivery methods. The games are bought and this is a scheduling change not a contractual change. They pay a billion for Monday Night football (which is the worst deal for a network in the history of sports) and they aren’t going to chalk up anything else except possibly some ad revenue share.

Not to mention those “regional games” have been paid for so there’s an offset there. It’s not like this is a bidding war and the networks are going to allow any other network to broadcast those games. They might move them to a sister station but they aren’t going to all of a sudden open bids for a Sat game. It’s not happening.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok genius. Now tell me how they are going to work the NFL ticket?

They’ve bought the fucking games and there are consequences and revenue issues with any shuffle. If you go National with all the games then you lose revenue on the other delivery methods. The games are bought and this is a scheduling change not a contractual change. They pay a billion for Monday Night football (which is the worst deal for a network in the history of sports) and they aren’t going to chalk up anything else except possibly some ad revenue share.

Not to mention those “regional games” have been paid for so there’s an offset there. It’s not like this is a bidding war and the networks are going to allow any other network to broadcast those games. They might move them to a sister station but they aren’t going to all of a sudden open bids for a Sat game. It’s not happening.

geezus, you've got your heels dug in on a stupid opinion. nbc pays a billion dollars a year for SNF. you think the NFL is just going to hand them 16 or 17 saturday night games for free? even if, for the sake of argument, they would expect the ratings to be half of what they are for SNF, that would be worth $500 million on the open market. you think the NFL is just going to give $500 million to NBC for free? add in the saturday afternoon possible games, and the NFL would be just 'giving away' a billion dollars worth of national games for free. Not going to happen. Especially this season. They need the money since fans won't be in the stands.