• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The B1G can kiss my ass

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geezus dude. Wtf?
1. The Florida Governor made some smart ass comment about the SEC poaching players (which isn't possible) and you ask a question like it's a thing.

2. People are speculating that NFL games will be moved to Friday and Sat if CFB is canceled and you took that as networks are beating down the NFL doors trying to get games (which is ludicrous because nights may change but networks could not possibly change because of existing contracts).

The amount of stupid in your posts is mind-numbing.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is the next to fall. A fall without football looks likely.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shit show people.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no political expert, but Sports have never been this polarizing since the civil rights era in the 60's. And in the last 4 years it's been polarizing again.

Sports was what brought everyone together, now it's been torn apart because people choose what they want to hear and what's easy.. instead of looking at the whole picture... sad
Sports have been polorazing lately because one side wants to make sports a political statement. That fact can't be argued.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Florida Governor made some smart ass comment about the SEC poaching players (which isn't possible) and you ask a question like it's a thing.

2. People are speculating that NFL games will be moved to Friday and Sat if CFB is canceled and you took that as networks are beating down the NFL doors trying to get games (which is ludicrous because nights may change but networks could not possibly change because of existing contracts).

The amount of stupid in your posts is mind-numbing.

1. I have read in multiple articles the sec may be approaching entire teams from other conferences to join them this fall. Not sure what your Florida reference is about.

2. If you don't think the TV networks wouldn't be giving the NFL truck loads of money for the rights for Saturday games, you are very naive.

On a side note, I don't even recall having a conversation with you in the past so I'm not even sure where your animosity towards me is coming from but go ahead and hate me. It's your keyboard.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I have read in multiple articles the sec may be approaching entire teams from other conferences to join them this fall. Not sure what your Florida reference is about.

2. If you don't think the TV networks wouldn't be giving the NFL truck loads of money for the rights for Saturday games, you are very naive.

On a side note, I don't even recall having a conversation with you in the past so I'm not even sure where your animosity towards me is coming from but go ahead and hate me. It's your keyboard.
1. SEC hasn't approached anyone and just released their schedule so you aren't reading for context.
2. The NFL games would be moved on the existing networks and WOULD NOT include additional monies but would be simple scheduling changes. You don't understand how any of this works.

Get a clue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports station with Dustin Fox here reported B10 has not yet voted to cancel season. Just an FYI, not sure they are right.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The NFL games would be moved on the existing networks and WOULD NOT include additional monies but would be simple scheduling changes.

ok, it's official. you are really really stupid. figures. a college football fan from the south has low intelligence when it comes to economics and business. you probably like nascar as well and don't understand how that business works either.

You think if ESPN got a saturday game in addition to MNF, they wouldn't have to pay for that?

You think if Fox got a saturday game in addition to their sunday slate, the NFL would give them all of those extra enormous ratings for free?

the networks WILL be competing and backing up trucks of money for saturday games that are not currently on the nfl schedule (which is what they have paid for thus far)

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, it's official. you are really really stupid. figures. a college football fan from the south has low intelligence when it comes to economics and business. you probably like nascar as well and don't understand how that business works either.

You think if ESPN got a saturday game in addition to MNF, they wouldn't have to pay for that?

You think if Fox got a saturday game in addition to their sunday slate, the NFL would give them all of those extra enormous ratings for free?

the networks WILL be competing and backing up trucks of money for saturday games that are not currently on the nfl schedule (which is what they have paid for thus far)
All the games already have contracts and the NFL is already getting paid for them. That won’t change. The networks that hold the contracts would simply schedule them for different days in cooperation with the NFL. It’s not like they are going to be adding more games just moving them around.

The fact you can’t understand that is hysterical.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the games already have contracts and the NFL is already getting paid for them. That won’t change. The networks that hold the contracts would simply schedule them for different days in cooperation with the NFL. It’s not like they are going to be adding more games just moving them around.

The fact you can't understand that they will be ADDING more nationally televised games if they add weekly Saturday games is hysterical.

They won't be eliminating the national games on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays which is the only thing the networks bought.

Hence, additional national games, additional huge ad revenue for the networks, and additional money the NFL can demand.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact you are doubling and tripling down on your uneducated and inaccurate opinion shows how ignorant you are

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually haven’t even read another post in this fight besides this one.

but I find it a litter hard to believe things wouldn’t change some if say a 430 east coast game and 1 pm west coast We’re flexed to 430 and 8pm Saturday games, that they wouldn’t bring the network higher viewership, and in turn make someone pay more for advertising. I’m sure the nfl has something in the contracts to account for that possibility though

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you can't understand that they will be ADDING more nationally televised games if they add weekly Saturday games is hysterical.

They won't be eliminating the national games on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays which is the only thing the networks bought.

Hence, additional national games, additional huge ad revenue for the networks, and additional money the NFL can demand.
How do you not get this?

If the games are under contract they are under contract. The NFL would have to agree to move them but it would be completely stupid not to. This isn’t rocket science. It’s not like the networks are going to pay for games that are scheduled for Sunday’s and not played. For some reason you think moving the game creates new games and it does not.

Let’s not even get into the fact the NFL desperately needs the ratings because their contracts are coming up and this is a golden opportunity for them.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually haven’t even read another post in this fight besides this one.

but I find it a litter hard to believe things wouldn’t change some if say a 430 east coast game and 1 pm west coast We’re flexed to 430 and 8pm Saturday games, that they wouldn’t bring the network higher viewership, and in turn make someone pay more for advertising. I’m sure the nfl has something in the contracts to account for that possibility though
I don’t disagree with that point. But thinking the networks are going to back up dump trucks of cash to move games they already have under contract is ludicrous. Some type of revenue share wouldn’t be out of the question but it’s going to be tough for the networks to agree to that since they are losing CFB and that revenue.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you not get this?

If the games are under contract they are under contract. The NFL would have to agree to move them but it would be completely stupid not to. This isn’t rocket science. It’s not like the networks are going to pay for games that are scheduled for Sunday’s and not played. For some reason you think moving the game creates new games and it does not.

Let’s not even get into the fact the NFL desperately needs the ratings because their contracts are coming up and this is a golden opportunity for them.

If they add Saturday games, those will be new, additional national games. They will NOT be eliminating any other national games.

What do you think they would do? Move Sunday Night Football to Saturday night?

Move Fox's game of the week from Sunday afternoon to Saturday afternoon?

These would be ADDITIONAL national games