• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Arizona Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins; BUF, PHI, KC, BAL, and LAC Mentioned as Preferred Landing Spots

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually am memeing around here but if you think he’s the same dude he was 5 years ago, I have to shuffle my eyebrows a bit. This isn’t a TE and he’s just operating in the same niche as Kelce. Worth adding at the right price, but I am not losing say L’Jarius Sneed longterm over Hopkins. There are levels to this.

If I were a betting man, he goes to the Bills.
Chiefs signing Sneed long-term would be pretty surprising with how they operate.

I'd probably give the Chiefs a 50% chance, Bills 30%, the field 20%. KC really is a great fit imo.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prospect of him taking less to play for a contender like Chiefs or Buffalo is a much sounder play than restructuring to waste years of what’s left in his career playing for a rebuild with a questionable coaching hire.
I agree with that. Being on a contender like the Chiefs makes a difference in negotiating. My earlier post was in regard to the Cards being unable to entice trade suitors because DHop refused to budge on his existing deal. It was more of an indictment on how poorly the Cards have been managed than DHop. I think he still wants to be paid but would take a shorter deal for a little less if he has a chance at a ring. He can see the Cards are never winning shit with Murray.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs signing Sneed long-term would be pretty surprising with how they operate.

I'd probably give the Chiefs a 50% chance, Bills 30%, the field 20%. KC really is a great fit imo.
So when the news breaks yesterday of course my group texts with all my friends who are also Eagles guys were all excited. My response was relax. He’s going to be a Chief. I think they restructure some guys to free up like 9-10 million in cap and he signs for a one year with the idea that he would resign if it works. It makes too much sense. The Chiefs have an elite QB, an elite TE, and a WR corp with guys who are still establishing themselves with unique talents in some areas but not complete WRs yet. Bringing in a dude like DHop that can make catches in traffic and can be counted on to make plays makes a ton of sense. It’s essentially a better version of what you guys wanted JuJu to be.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't see him being a good fit on the Eagles when they have A.J. and Smith there already who can do pretty much everything he can. Maybe I'm missing something there but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs will likely get him but it is the Ravens who need to find a way to get it done.

No other top young QB of this era has had to work with less at the skill player condition than Lamar. Great tight end but that's it. They signed OBJ and that's a potentially okay start but getting Hopkins would be like McNabb getting TO. McNabb like Lamar never had much at WR but had some quality TEs. Lamar has a better TE for sure than McNabb ever had. But I'd say McNabb also early in his career had a better offensive line and absolutely RBs with Deuce Staley, Correll Buckhalter and Brian Westbrook. TO was 31 during his 2004 season with the Eagles and Hopkins turns 31 in about a week and a half on D Day. Lamar is 2 years younger than McNabb was when he got TO and Lamar has already won MVP which McNabb never did.

Get Lamar Hopkins and I the Ravens are outright favorites for the AFC.
Idiot, just like Lamar

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't see him being a good fit on the Eagles when they have A.J. and Smith there already who can do pretty much everything he can. Maybe I'm missing something there but it just doesn't make sense to me.
Having another guy that can do everything doesn't hurt. They were thin at the position last year behind the top 2.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus it's philly

chargers with a solid passing QB is his ticket.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually am memeing around here but if you think he’s the same dude he was 5 years ago, I have to shuffle my eyebrows a bit. This isn’t a TE and he’s just operating in the same niche as Kelce. Worth adding at the right price, but I am not losing say L’Jarius Sneed longterm over Hopkins. There are levels to this.

If I were a betting man, he goes to the Bills.
Like I posted yesterday, no thanks...

Good thing RTK ain't our coach...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHop wants 3/$60M guaranteed. Everyone thinks that the Bills and Chiefs will bid against each other. Neither team has the cap space to fit that contract right now and will have to renegotiate multiple contracts and spend a gazillion in bonuses to sign him. Then have a dead money and future bonus money nightmares. Smart owners are not going to threaten their team's future for one guy tomorrow. Belichick doesn't pay anyone, even his Qbs. He wouldn't py Jakobi Meyers $16M. Plus who wants to pay a guy who will miss half the season with a tweaked Hammie or sprained ankle?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHop wants 3/$60M guaranteed. Everyone thinks that the Bills and Chiefs will bid against each other. Neither team has the cap space to fit that contract right now and will have to renegotiate multiple contracts and spend a gazillion in bonuses to sign him. Then have a dead money and future bonus money nightmares. Smart owners are not going to threaten their team's future for one guy tomorrow. Belichick doesn't pay anyone, even his Qbs. He wouldn't py Jakobi Meyers $16M. Plus who wants to pay a guy who will miss half the season with a tweaked Hammie or sprained ankle?
Both teams could structure contracts to make it work. Bills could do it easier than the Chiefs given they are unwilling to redo Mahomes contract until '24 or '25 per them. Chris Jones' contract happens to be the best DT not named since Aaron Donald, so just saying "extend him and push the cap hit later" doesn't really work.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not wrong and it annoys me, tbh.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does beg the question: how many contenders have the money right now?
Not that many. But the Bills do have some relatively easy restructures they could feasibly do. They have a lot of motive to opt for a short term move like this to get over the hump.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that many. But the Bills do have some relatively easy restructures they could feasibly do. They have a lot of motive to opt for a short term move like this to get over the hump.
I'd argue it's not what they need the most. Also, who voluntarily picks to play in the north during winter?

Still, Hopkins is probably a top 20 WR next year and those don't grow on trees

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels like the Chiefs justifying to their fans why he's not coming to KC (most likely) as opposed to reality. That Donovan Smith contract ain't shit, and they know that.
I don't think the Chiefs after winning the SuperBowl feel the need to justify how they do business because they seem to know what they are doing. I think it's a sales pitch to Hopkins to put a championship ahead of money.

Last edited:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens have drafted three rd1 WRs and a rd1 TE during Lamars career. The oline has a franchise LT and a rd1 C. Lamar has a pro bowl TE and Likely seems promising, too.

Lamar has also had a better defense than almost all of the top QBs. The idea that the Ravens issue is a lack of talent is just ridiculous. Injuries have obviously derailed the Ravens for two seasons

Drafting WRs doesn't matter when you aren't hitting on them.ita u questionable that among the other top young QBs that he has had the worst offensive surrounding cast.