• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Arizona Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins; BUF, PHI, KC, BAL, and LAC Mentioned as Preferred Landing Spots

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically we're already past the June 1 date and the $22.6M of dead money should be automatically scheduled for 2024. If the Cardinals decide to account for it in 2023 then that's their choice, but there's no upside to that choice.
What? It’s still May.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LoL! D Hop sounds like a great team player. I wanna go to a team with QB in top 5 or 6.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t see any team paying 20 mil for him right now. What are you getting? Price needs to go down.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? It’s still May.
Originally June 1 meant June 1. Some years back the NFL decided it didn't make sense to make teams wait so long before they could get the benefit of the rule or sign a FA without affecting the compensatory pick formula. Thus the actual date got moved to mid-May. More recently the NFL decided there wasn't any benefit in waiting until mid-May so it got moved up to 'Tuesday after the Draft'. June 1st is early May. :usa2:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the smaller bill. the head coach of the new england patroits. the winner of more super bowls than any other coach.
Belichick I could see being interested, O'Brien...not so much.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs will likely get him but it is the Ravens who need to find a way to get it done.

No other top young QB of this era has had to work with less at the skill player condition than Lamar. Great tight end but that's it. They signed OBJ and that's a potentially okay start but getting Hopkins would be like McNabb getting TO. McNabb like Lamar never had much at WR but had some quality TEs. Lamar has a better TE for sure than McNabb ever had. But I'd say McNabb also early in his career had a better offensive line and absolutely RBs with Deuce Staley, Correll Buckhalter and Brian Westbrook. TO was 31 during his 2004 season with the Eagles and Hopkins turns 31 in about a week and a half on D Day. Lamar is 2 years younger than McNabb was when he got TO and Lamar has already won MVP which McNabb never did.

Get Lamar Hopkins and I the Ravens are outright favorites for the AFC.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Too old and has definitely lost a step...

Are you nuts? He hasn't lost a step at all. He was suspended 6 games last year. In just 9 games he had 64 receptions and 717 yards with a terrible team and downward spiral trash QB. He might not be a speed demon but he is still without a doubt one of the most talented and skillful WRs in the league who is fully capable of having multiple more All Pro seasons going forward in his career. He would be an addition to any team.

Give him to a top QB and everyone will feast. Chiefs #1 WR is who? Toney? A young talented player for sure but holy shit imagine giving Mahomes another All Pro blue chip elite WR to go along with Kelce and it is only going to make the Chiefs immensely better.

I will be shocked at this point especially knowing Andy and his thirst for rings if the Chiefs are not the team to sign him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs will likely get him but it is the Ravens who need to find a way to get it done.

No other top young QB of this era has had to work with less at the skill player condition than Lamar. Great tight end but that's it. They signed OBJ and that's a potentially okay start but getting Hopkins would be like McNabb getting TO. McNabb like Lamar never had much at WR but had some quality TEs. Lamar has a better TE for sure than McNabb ever had. But I'd say McNabb also early in his career had a better offensive line and absolutely RBs with Deuce Staley, Correll Buckhalter and Brian Westbrook. TO was 31 during his 2004 season with the Eagles and Hopkins turns 31 in about a week and a half on D Day. Lamar is 2 years younger than McNabb was when he got TO and Lamar has already won MVP which McNabb never did.

I wouldn't go as far as favorites.......................

But Damn close

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go as far as favorites.......................

But Damn close

That's a team with some dog and hunger level with such a great young QB who at this point is absolutely underrated. If they get Hopkins I could see the Ravens just going on a tear through highly regarded AFC. Lamar has gone toe to toe and beaten Mahomes, Allen and Burrow in the regular season. Get him to the post season healthy with a stacked offense and watch out. Especially with Harbaugh as HC. He's the 3rd or 4th best HC in the AFC.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you nuts? He hasn't lost a step at all. He was suspended 6 games last year. In just 9 games he had 64 receptions and 717 yards with a terrible team and downward spiral trash QB. He might not be a speed demon but he is still without a doubt one of the most talented and skillful WRs in the league who is fully capable of having multiple more All Pro seasons going forward in his career. He would be an addition to any team.

Give him to a top QB and everyone will feast. Chiefs #1 WR is who? Toney? A young talented player for sure but holy shit imagine giving Mahomes another All Pro blue chip elite WR to go along with Kelce and it is only going to make the Chiefs immensely better.

I will be shocked at this point especially knowing Andy and his thirst for rings if the Chiefs are not the team to sign him.
I usually am memeing around here but if you think he’s the same dude he was 5 years ago, I have to shuffle my eyebrows a bit. This isn’t a TE and he’s just operating in the same niche as Kelce. Worth adding at the right price, but I am not losing say L’Jarius Sneed longterm over Hopkins. There are levels to this.

If I were a betting man, he goes to the Bills.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually am memeing around here but if you think he’s the same dude he was 5 years ago, I have to shuffle my eyebrows a bit. This isn’t a TE and he’s just operating in the same niche as Kelce. Worth adding at the right price, but I am not losing say L’Jarius Sneed longterm over Hopkins. There are levels to this.

If I were a betting man, he goes to the Bills.

He isn't the same guy he was 5 years ago but he still isn't close to the washed up guy that you think he is. Nothing he showed in Arizona was washed. Mahomes is great and he just won the Super Bowl with Kelce and not much else of note beyond a lot of impressive rookies. Mahomes was just having a career all time great sort of moment. But Andy knows that adding an eager Hopkins only immensely improves the Chiefs. He isn't a lockerroom cancer. He isn't old as a WR of his level to where you expect a dramatic dropoff. Chiefs would leapfrog the Eagles in Super Bowl odds. Mahomes MVP odds would get even better. And Hopkinds would have a monster season in KC. If Hopkins goes to KC and has the best season of his already HoF career with Mahomes and wins the Super Bowl then might leapfrog Tyreek Hill as the best WR that Mahomes played with.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ravens have drafted three rd1 WRs and a rd1 TE during Lamars career. The oline has a franchise LT and a rd1 C. Lamar has a pro bowl TE and Likely seems promising, too.

Lamar has also had a better defense than almost all of the top QBs. The idea that the Ravens issue is a lack of talent is just ridiculous. Injuries have obviously derailed the Ravens for two seasons

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHop was never really a big "speed" guy although he was fast enough. Might be a bit slower now but his best ability was always contested catches and catch radius where he could come down with balls while the defender was all over him. I think he needs to go to the right spot. I think the Bills would be ideal. He would definitely help Lamar as well. However, his price tag will be the biggest factor in where he lands. He wants top WR dollar and wasn't willing to re-sructure for a trade deal to work out but maybe some of that was a fuck you to the Cards as well.

As for the Cardinals, they had no choice but to salvage the 7-8 mil cap saving. The other teams weren't taking on his contract AND giving up draft capital for him. This time next year, we are talking about where Murray will end up when they draft Caleb Williams at #1.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DHop was never really a big "speed" guy although he was fast enough. Might be a bit slower now but his best ability was always contested catches and catch radius where he could come down with balls while the defender was all over him. I think he needs to go to the right spot. I think the Bills would be ideal. He would definitely help Lamar as well. However, his price tag will be the biggest factor in where he lands. He wants top WR dollar and wasn't willing to re-sructure for a trade deal to work out but maybe some of that was a fuck you to the Cards as well.

As for the Cardinals, they had no choice but to salvage the 7-8 mil cap saving. The other teams weren't taking on his contract AND giving up draft capital for him. This time next year, we are talking about where Murray will end up when they draft Caleb Williams at #1.
The prospect of him taking less to play for a contender like Chiefs or Buffalo is a much sounder play than restructuring to waste years of what’s left in his career playing for a rebuild with a questionable coaching hire.