• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC looks to be strong again next season by CBS Too Early Top 25

1)Duke
7)uNC
10)Virginia
21)Louisville
22)Miami

Interesting that they have Miami at number 22. Miami was pretty much senior-heavy this year.

Parish includes the Zags as a top 20 team.?. The man is suspect. Wiltjer was a nightmare to guard and is gone. Sabonis comes back but he's all they have that can really ball. Without Wiltjer, Sabonis will see a lot more hands in his face. And like I said....nobody else on the zags is a threat to a top 25 team.

I think UK at 2 is a joke. Ulis and Poythress are heading to the NBA. They play in the worst P5 conference. They sucked as far as P5 conference champs are concerned. They got drubbed out of the NCAA tourney. I see nothing to say they deserve a 2 ranking.

Miami at 22 is a gift but I like their coach. Losing Rodriguez is a huge loss. Much like SU losing Gbinije and even Cooney ... it's tough to replace a quality guard.

Douggie....I thought Allen would go pro? Either way....with their recruiting class and who's returning....they will be a beast.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parish includes the Zags as a top 20 team.?. The man is suspect. Wiltjer was a nightmare to guard and is gone. Sabonis comes back but he's all they have that can really ball. Without Wiltjer, Sabonis will see a lot more hands in his face. And like I said....nobody else on the zags is a threat to a top 25 team.

I think UK at 2 is a joke. Ulis and Poythress are heading to the NBA. They play in the worst P5 conference. They sucked as far as P5 conference champs are concerned. They got drubbed out of the NCAA tourney. I see nothing to say they deserve a 2 ranking.

Miami at 22 is a gift but I like their coach. Losing Rodriguez is a huge loss. Much like SU losing Gbinije and even Cooney ... it's tough to replace a quality guard.

Douggie....I thought Allen would go pro? Either way....with their recruiting class and who's returning....they will be a beast.

By getting Allen to stay, Duke should be the favorite next season. I don't believe Miami will sustain next season with Rodriguez gone as well as Jakiri , Uceda, and McClellan. Anytime you lose the PG there is a drop in efficiency usually.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hokies will be a tough team and may even be damn good. Buzz Williams is a great coach. They were coming into it towards the end of the season winning like 5 of their last 6 and return just about everyone.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT looks like they might be interested in Winthrop HC Pat Kelsey. Kelsey is a good coach and has more Skip Prosser-like qualities of anyone in his coaching tree.

Jalen Hudson is leaving VT. Hudson was a bit inconsistent, but he was a nice piece for VT.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hokies will be a tough team and may even be damn good. Buzz Williams is a great coach. They were coming into it towards the end of the season winning like 5 of their last 6 and return just about everyone.

Hate to agree but I think you're right. Buzz has definitely got them trending in the right direction and would be shocked if they didn't improve even more next season.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Josh Pastner will be the new HC at Tech. Not a fan of this hire, but we'll see how he turns out

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Josh Pastner will be the new HC at Tech. Not a fan of this hire, but we'll see how he turns out

I don't get it. Pastner has done little with some good recruiting.

And he alienated two of his top recruits into transferring rather quickly.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT looks like they might be interested in Winthrop HC Pat Kelsey. Kelsey is a good coach and has more Skip Prosser-like qualities of anyone in his coaching tree.

Jalen Hudson is leaving VT. Hudson was a bit inconsistent, but he was a nice piece for VT.

They played a 3 guard set. Hudson's departure won't have the effect on VT that losing Cooney and Gbinije will have on SU. And he wasn't their go-to scorer. They will return over 95% of their offense. I don't think any team in the ACC is anywhere close to that amount of offensive production returning.

Hate to agree but I think you're right. Buzz has definitely got them trending in the right direction and would be shocked if they didn't improve even more next season.

Buzz plays everyone and loves up tempo, smash mouth bball. I look forward to watching them next year. With Williams as their coach....VT will not stay down long.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played a 3 guard set. Hudson's departure won't have the effect on VT that losing Cooney and Gbinije will have on SU. And he wasn't their go-to scorer. They will return over 95% of their offense. I don't think any team in the ACC is anywhere close to that amount of offensive production returning.

Buzz plays everyone and loves up tempo, smash mouth bball. I look forward to watching them next year. With Williams as their coach....VT will not stay down long.

never said it would, but he was definitely a nice piece for them to have off the bench.

and of course, it wouldn't have the same effect. Gbinije was an All-ACC 2nd team player and Cooney was a 3/4 year starter.

Last edited:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Until he learns to coach, Pastner will not get anywhere. He's had great recruiting classes but his game is street ball. Athletes require direction to win at the D1 level.

Athletes need coaching to get them off of the one on five mentality. VA plays much better ball yet have nowhere near the athletic talent that Pastner lands.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
state of Georgia (and Atlanta) has a lot of talent in it, but Tech keeps hiring head coaches that won't take advantage of it.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
state of Georgia (and Atlanta) has a lot of talent in it, but Tech keeps hiring head coaches that won't take advantage of it.

I think the guy is a waste of money as head coach and should be nothing more than a well paid assistant on the recruiting trail. If he's going to insist on being an HC, he should stay in a mid major conference so he can win games and get the media pumping him up. The AAC sent him to the middle of the pack. IMO...The ACC will chew him up. BC will have a sparring partner anyways.

One thing.....with the coaches in the ACC today.....Pastner will get some serious lessons and a bunch of "oh shit" moments when reviewing the films. He may just learn something.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever takes over for Pastner will be in better shape than when Pastner got there though.

He'll bring in the talent, but someone else will do something with it.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever takes over for Pastner will be in better shape than when Pastner got there though.

He'll bring in the talent, but someone else will do something with it.

He's been there a long ass time. Didn't he replace Cal?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been there a long ass time. Didn't he replace Cal?

Yeah.

He's put together some pretty epic classes.

He used the JUCO route more than I remembered though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hamilton out and others lapping UConn so it's no longer a top 5 recruiting class (although still top 10) I wonder where UConn is now.

Also, PS, please take UConn into the ACC lol

Not top 5 but I am sure they'll make a run like always