• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Garver doesn’t hit, how long to you stick with him.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am afraid our offense at CF, DH and C may bring us down some. I also don't hold out as much hope for Grossman against righties as Bochy does.

I think the sooner we get Duran, Smith and Huff into being a regular part of the offense, the sooner the chances for the season to be successful will improve. I also think there is only a small chance that those guys are even given that opportunity.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am afraid our offense at CF, DH and C may bring us down some. I also don't hold out as much hope for Grossman against righties as Bochy does.

I think the sooner we get Duran, Smith and Huff into being a regular part of the offense, the sooner the chances for the season to be successful will improve. I also think there is only a small chance that those guys are even given that opportunity.
Why do you think they have little chance?
Where do you put Smith and Duran in the regular lineup?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Garver doesn’t hit, how long to you stick with him.
He has a big injury history so that may happen first. Scratching my head if they start Garver at DH who is your emergency catcher?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA crushing Cuba 14-2 after 8 innings.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bochy has had some lineups that I have no idea how they won a World Series but they did and more than 1. He seems to put the right guys out there and builds a team much like Popovich used to do with the Spurs. He does work a pitching staff very well. So we shall see.
I like all the guys you mentioned but there is no guarantee that they will be plugged in and produce. But I hope when that happens that they will do just that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think they have little chance?
Because there has been no indication from the Rangers that either of them stood a chance this spring to win even a platoon spot. I think the overwhelming odds are that Bochy and company will trust even struggling, more experienced guys over those three during in the season. I think the only real chance they all have is if guys in front of them get hurt. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the way I would expect it to play out.

Also, I am not saying those guys will definitely succeed if given the opportunity, but I like their chances better than the alternatives.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no guarantee that they will be plugged in and produce.
Definitely. I just feel better about them than the alternatives.

With the way the lineup is now, I still feel we can win more than 80 games or so. If those three guys get the chance and hit like I think they can I think this could be a very special season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally, Duran goes to Round Rock and plays CF every day and then comes up a few weeks into the season and plays CF here.

I want to see Smith in LF every game against righties. He can also play all over the field when guys need a rest. If he did those things all year he would probably get 400+ at bats.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy has had some lineups that I have no idea how they won a World Series but they did and more than 1. He seems to put the right guys out there and builds a team much like Popovich used to do with the Spurs. He does work a pitching staff very well. So we shall see.
I like all the guys you mentioned but there is no guarantee that they will be plugged in and produce. But I hope when that happens that they will do just that.

I appreciate the spurs reference. Especially because we stink now.

it will be nice to see this team with a good manager. We know wash and banny were lacking in that department.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched him run around Riverfront when he was a kid and Sr played for the Reds. It was fun watching Jr play for the Reds but wish he had stayed in Seattle. I think it would have been better for him having the DH, who knows what his final stats would have been... :thumb:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we are going to need more out of the DH
No way a DH bats 8. So would not be bad to use as a partial rest at least half the time in the lineup and platoon it otherwise

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes we are going to need more out of the DH
No way a DH bats 8. So would not be bad to use as a partial rest at least half the time in the lineup and platoon it otherwise
It is good to see Smith in CF.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see a platoon between Smith and Grossman for awhile at least...