• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should make them resume play from that spot
Give me a break that’s not happening. He obviously said the magic words. Just one game it’s over.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1706103110591.png

Throw Chicago a bunch of picks and pick swaps.

Obviously this assumes that the Bulls are in blow it up mode. Maybe swap Kork with Springer depending on the picks involved.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conflicting reports on this. For one, I didn't know CNN Sports was still a thing. Everyone else saying its not a done deal.

But I hope it is. I really need to see the Bucks lose to Philly in the 2nd round after blowing a 3-1 lead
IMG_3944.gif

Doc comes back for half a season just to prove the allegations haha.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 352219

Throw Chicago a bunch of picks and pick swaps.

Obviously this assumes that the Bulls are in blow it up mode. Maybe swap Kork with Springer depending on the picks involved.
Man, this is a rough one for me. Caruso is a great add to the group. However, I hate the fit of DeRozan. He’s a midrange guy and he’s gonna need the spots on the floor already occupied by where you want Embiid to be able to work. I think you need a 3 pt threat to space the floor.

If the Sixers acquire a DeRozan or a Lavine it’s sending the message that says that the Sixers front office don’t think Maxey is ready to be the number 2 in the playoffs and DeRozan is insurance for that.

I would prefer this.

IMG_3945.pngIMG_3946.png

The Hornets would then likely buy out DeRozan who can go sign with a playoff team. Sixers would be:
Maxey - Caruso - Batum - Harris - Embiid starting five with a playoff bench of
Melton, Pat Bev, Oubre, Hayward, BBall Paul

The Sixers would still be below the apron with this only adding 500k in total salary so they could potentially get another buy out guy that could be a better defensive back up 5 as BBall Paul insurance for the playoffs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this is a rough one for me. Caruso is a great add to the group. However, I hate the fit of DeRozan. He’s a midrange guy and he’s gonna need the spots on the floor already occupied by where you want Embiid to be able to work. I think you need a 3 pt threat to space the floor.

If the Sixers acquire a DeRozan or a Lavine it’s sending the message that says that the Sixers front office don’t think Maxey is ready to be the number 2 in the playoffs and DeRozan is insurance for that.

I would prefer this.

View attachment 352221View attachment 352222

The Hornets would then likely buy out DeRozan who can go sign with a playoff team. Sixers would be:

The Sixers would still be below the apron with this only adding 500k in total salary so they could potentially get another buy out guy that could be a better defensive back up 5 as BBall Paul insurance for the playoffs.
Looking at this some more, the Sixers may need to send another first to get this done for Chicago. The 2028 Clippers pick without any restrictions is the best of their 3 tradeable firsts. Would like to see them hold on to that one for the summer. If they send 2 of the 3 and hold on to that one, the Sixers this summer could potentially send as many as 3 firsts in deals when the league calendar resets.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would prefer this.

That is way too light for the bulls

Who are giving up the 2 best players and getting only one first

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this some more, the Sixers may need to send another first to get this done for Chicago. The 2028 Clippers pick without any restrictions is the best of their 3 tradeable firsts. Would like to see them hold on to that one for the summer. If they send 2 of the 3 and hold on to that one, the Sixers this summer could potentially send as many as 3 firsts in deals when the league calendar resets.

Yeah that one has to go to make this happen

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....the Bulls want 2 1st rounders for Caruso.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that one has to go to make this happen
You’re probably right. I’m not going to hold this up for a pick in 2028 when the Embiid prime years could be over or at a minimum winding down.

Maybe 2 firsts and another second to send the way of Chicago to get this done.

A fly in the ointment:

Chicago sits at 9. They were ass until LaVine sat and they started to play good basketball. They may think that if they get some pieces back for LaVine that they can grab a 6 seed and they play it out considering a resigning of DeRozan.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Because, I agree.

Give me a break that’s not happening. He obviously said the magic words. Just one game it’s over.

It hasn’t happened in a while, but it’s real

But the nba avoids this at the same level taylor swift avoids accountability

So don’t expect them to do the right thing

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would prefer this.

FTR, DeRozan has been shot 40% from 3 on 5 shots a game. I don't think he would come in and expect to be the 2nd banana especially considering this could be his shot at a ring.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn’t happened in a while, but it’s real

But the nba avoids this at the same level taylor swift avoids accountability

So don’t expect them to do the right thing
The referees can’t call what they don’t see, that’s the oldest truth in the game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't likely to get 2 1st rounders for Caruso
In a vacuum, I agree. However, dude is a great contract at 9 million and there’s going to be a ton of demand in the market for him among competitors. Nearly everybody can find 10 mil in salary to make the money work. The bad side of 10 million is it’s hard to meet the player value in other players so the next way to boost value is to add more draft capital.

Caruso going for 2 firsts wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Remember, the Bulls have leaked in media that they aren’t shopping Caruso. Not sure if that’s serious or if it’s an attempt to drive up the value. All it takes is one team. Caruso is such an asset in the playoffs. He’s arguably one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. He gives you secondary ball handling on the floor which is huge vs playoff defense. He is competent shooting the three above league average at around 38%. He’s also theoretically a seamless transition. You don’t have to rework your flow to get him 10-15 shots per game. He just needs about 6-9 he can get as a secondary option in the half court or in transition.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, DeRozan has been shot 40% from 3 on 5 shots a game. I don't think he would come in and expect to be the 2nd banana especially considering this could be his shot at a ring.
Where are you getting these stats?

IMG_3947.png

I’ve got him at 34% this season, 32% last season, and 35% two seasons ago. League average is 36%. He’s never taken 5 a game in any season. His high water mark is 3.6 3s per game his last year in Toronto.