• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags , @Sparhawk , @Iggloo

It was a nice win for Philly last night, and y'all certainly deserved the W. I thought Philly worked harder and wanted it more in this one.
Thank you. Don’t want to make too much of a November contest. I think both teams are new this year and will be better and more comfortable later this season. I think last night was a lot of feeling each other out.
(And I didn't think the game was quite as close as the final score indicated)
I’m sitting here with a sour taste because of that late meltdown. Guh.
That said: Boston has to shoot the ball better than that. Though they're probably not as completely dependent on the 3 pt shot as past iterations of these Celtics... they're still a 3 pt shooting team primarily.
Yeah tough to use last night as a measuring stick because both teams shot horribly. I would like to say it was defense but the looks both teams got were good looks. They just had a rough shooting night. Neither team shot above 30% from 3. Agree with your assessment that the Celtics are more 3 dependent than Sixers. Probably hurt them more.
And Jaylen Brown played like dog sh!t. Yeah, he made a couple of shots towards the end... but by that point, it was too-little-too-late. That honestly might have been the worst game I've seen him play as a Celtic. Obviously, the $300 million dollar man gotta be better than that.
Not sure if I’m off but it seemed like they had a concerted effort to play him tight on the catch and make him put the ball on the floor. It was like they wanted him to drive baiting him into driving into where the help was. Felt like the Celtics didn’t move the ball the way we all know they’re capable of doing.
On a more positive note for the Celtics... matching up Jrue Holiday on Embiid was actually semi-effective. That was a fun strategy and battle. Watching Jrue a little more closely this year, it is a pleasure watching that dude play defense... not exactly the same but similar to watching Marcus Smart in his prime. Both are/were craftsmen on that end of the court, and tough as nails.
Celtics have a great Embiid plan. They play him small but with a top notch defender. The important thing is where Embiid catches the ball. If Embiid is 20 feet from the basket, that’s a lot of ground to make up on the way to the rim vs a great defender like Holiday (Smart previously). Now they have Porzingas lurking as a help defender with 7’3’’. It’s a really tough look to diagnose. Additionally, it looks like Embiid should be working a mismatch but we see now that’s just baiting Embiid to try and play like he’s Jordan, not his game. Going forward, the Sixers need to screen a switch of Porzingas on to Embiid and work that.

Big concern for the Celtics has to be Horford. He used to be able to give Embiid fits. Last night he was -23.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags , @Sparhawk , @Iggloo

It was a nice win for Philly last night, and y'all certainly deserved the W. I thought Philly worked harder and wanted it more in this one.

(And I didn't think the game was quite as close as the final score indicated)

That said: Boston has to shoot the ball better than that. Though they're probably not as completely dependent on the 3 pt shot as past iterations of these Celtics... they're still a 3 pt shooting team primarily.

And Jaylen Brown played like dog sh!t. Yeah, he made a couple of shots towards the end... but by that point, it was too-little-too-late. That honestly might have been the worst game I've seen him play as a Celtic. Obviously, the $300 million dollar man gotta be better than that.

On a more positive note for the Celtics... matching up Jrue Holiday on Embiid was actually semi-effective. That was a fun strategy and battle. Watching Jrue a little more closely this year, it is a pleasure watching that dude play defense... not exactly the same but similar to watching Marcus Smart in his prime. Both are/were craftsmen on that end of the court, and tough as nails.
Yeah, it was more of a revenge game for the Sixers.
Looooong season, so I'm sure we'll revisit this many times.

I'm 1000% convinced that Doc Rivers loses that game last night.
Which is irrational, unfounded, and completely biased.

In other words, status quo for being a Sixers fan...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was more of a revenge game for the Sixers.
Looooong season, so I'm sure we'll revisit this many times.

I'm 1000% convinced that Doc Rivers loses that game last night.
Which is irrational, unfounded, and completely biased.

In other words, status quo for being a Sixers fan...
Are you saying this isn’t good coaching?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying this isn’t good coaching?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched any of the 2 games. I'm guessing it's the issue most of us thought...an offense that already had an issue with stagnating, has become more stagnant?
Ball stoppers anonymous.

Remember the end of the Heat vs Lakers where nobody scored for the last 2 minutes?

That is the ENTIRE 4th quarter for the Clippers the last 2 games.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballmer has mettled to the detriment of the Team.

It was already a work in progress.

Now it's a ful on clown car.

PJ at the back up 5 is full on tard.

He is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssshhhhed.

Yeah, the nba also did

Russ gonna be agged out of la by Valentine’s Day….

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TY is trying to play Russ, Harden and Bones 25 plus minutes a game.

Da fuq?

Yeah, I’m starting to think Lue is not the answer

But yeah keeping a bunch of small weaker d guards like Powell and bones with harden is a tough rotation ask as well

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I’m starting to think Lue is not the answer

But yeah keeping a bunch of small weaker d guards like Powell and bones with harden is a tough rotation ask as well
Unbalanced roster construction.

Bunch of guards and no power forwards, 1 Center.