• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet when I ask why is (name the injured player) not held to the same scrutiny what is your answer?

This is not to say it's even impossible the guy was simply just scared to have a shot or just wouldn't do it because of a miniscule chance of a major health issue (like a punctured lung) and IF that was the case then I might feel differently.

But the guy was putting to rest the ridiculous narrative some had that he was soft as he was arguably the best player in the Orlando series to that point. I'm not sure how much he cares what fans/media think and he strikes me as someone who genuinely does not care....but if he does I cannot see him shutting it down if he could go.

What I THINK happened (just a guess of course) is it was a pretty bad rib injury and they knew he would not be back (though could try if he wanted which seems he did). was told to keep Cs guessing gonna list him as questionable and he said "cool".

My answer is that they are.

This was only a conversation about 1 player with a pain tolerance injury.

That is it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Mecca. I am quite sure you would get a laugh or two out of the local sports reporters who continue to leave that "small" fact out of their on-air discussions. That is why I stated that the value of the convos is indeed entertaining with truth aside.
Absolutely.

I honestly think the talking heads around town absolutely believe this narrative.

They are forgetting the fact that Lebron has distanced himself from the playing with my son stuff.

If the Suns want to waste a late 1st rounder on a hope and a dream, good for Bronny.

Rumor has it they are willing to take him at #22.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any truth to the James-to-the-Suns scenario, it would have to include: First, the Suns taking Brony in the Second Round in the draft in a couple of weeks; And then, Secondly, trying their best to let the James' desire of playing with his son be the motivating factor for James to accept an offer of a mathematically based contract (that would not include a MAX) and hoping he would buy in!
And also being willing to either live away from his family for a while or uproot his other son, Bryce, once again.

I'd never say never but him taking so much less than he could does not seem in the cards to me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My answer is that they are.

This was only a conversation about 1 player with a pain tolerance injury.

That is it.
Yet you seemed to make excuses for the others in an attempt to try and single out Allen from how I read your comments. Since there are other players considered better (even a lot better) I then wonder why is Allen mentioned so much on this topic but not the others?

Because some fake tough guy claimed he'd play in the same situation even after saying he had no clue how hurt he was?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it right dgtold88. All that chaos just to go to the Suns seems highly unlikely especially compared to the alternatives. As DJ and TJF12 have often stated, James will probably not go anywhere even though Kutch Sports have already emphatically stated in public that James will become a FA this summer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

I honestly think the talking heads around town absolutely believe this narrative.

They are forgetting the fact that Lebron has distanced himself from the playing with my son stuff.

If the Suns want to waste a late 1st rounder on a hope and a dream, good for Bronny.

Rumor has it they are willing to take him at #22.
And that willingness is based in the fantasy beliefs that James will then want to come and play with KB, Booker, Beal, and his son for a championship. Pretty tenuous at best IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it right dgtold88. All that chaos just to go to the Suns seems highly unlikely especially compared to the alternatives. As DJ and TJF12 have often stated, James will probably not go anywhere even though Kutch Sports has already emphatically stated in public that James will become a FA this summer.
I agree.....Like Lebron, Klutch wants his name in the headlines and simply saying I plan to stay does not do that even if that's what he wants to do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you seemed to make excuses for the others in an attempt to try and single out Allen from how I read your comments. Since there are other players considered better (even a lot better) I then wonder why is Allen mentioned so much on this topic but not the others?

Because some fake tough guy claimed he'd play in the same situation even after saying he had no clue how hurt he was?

Nope.

Only other people I have talked about were Morris and Kobe.

Nobody else.

And those are 2 examples of players I have seen play through significant injuries.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He isn’t wrong about what he is saying.

Zero expectations in Washington. Leonsis has also been known to give pretty long leashes to coaches and GMs through pretty bad stretches.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Only other people I have talked about were Morris and Kobe.

Nobody else.

And those are 2 examples of players I have seen play through significant injuries.
Cool. Too bad Giannis, Haliburton, Butler, etc don't know how tough Morris is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.
Kind of does since all I've pushed back on is how foolish it is for Morris to claim he'd have played despite knowing he has no idea how hurt the guy is....and some taking his word as gospel.

I guess at least no fake tough guys in Miami, Milwaukee, Indiana, etc. claiming they'd have played that we've heard. :noidea:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.
It really doesn’t matter. RainMan force fit it into the conversation. If you don’t want to entertain that pure nonsense he declares himself victor, you’re a liar, and it’s 5 minutes to Wapner.