• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Olympics.

I watch shit I would normally not have any interest in.

Water polo…..

Rhythmic Gymnastics with the goddamn ribbons….

I eat it all up…lol

Both the Men and Women’s basketball teams face stiff opposition.

Should be fun.

Same I become a big volleyball fan every 4 years and water polo is one of my favorites as well along with swimming

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is not going to be a ring chasing destination. They’re going to have to pay guys for them to come. They’re more likely to get the Bruce Brown’s the KCPs etc than they are to get the PG13s and KDs.
By ring chasing do you mean older guys who couldn't get huge deals anyway? I could see a max level player wanting to go there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing about JB being let go was at least there could be a coaching search to keep Cavs news out there........still 5 weeks until FA season begins (I guess 4 for draft). Ugh.
Of the candidates, who’s your preference?

…..imo, I’d go with the guy that makes Mitchell the happiest.

It’s gonna really sick if the rumors of Klutch wanting Garland moved are true.

But, Garland for Ingram balances the roster much better.

If Donovan is willing to sign long term and you really have to choose…

No brainer who you keep.

I’m still holding out hope it’s just typical rumor mill trolling.

I’m a Garland fan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I do that?

This entire conversation was about Jared Allen.

And your unwillingness to concede a very mild criticism of him.

Has nothing to do with anyone else.
If you think allen is the only player out there who could go but wont (and so far that seems to be the case since you wont mention anyone).........?

My only issue has been making Allen the poster boy to be the anti Kobe. If you think he's the only one who begged out of the playoffs it's more than a mind criticism. Had you said something more reasonable like "maybe he could have gone, but hard to ever know how hurt someone else might be?" Hard to take issue with that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people did like his way of announcing......to me he made it a lot of fun.

RIP Bill Walton. Sad to hear that.

But he was quite literally the worst NBA color commentary guy ever.

So bad.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By ring chasing do you mean older guys who couldn't get huge deals anyway? I could see a max level player wanting to go there.
I think he means that and a destination for the top guys believing they are the last piece of the championship puzzle.

If the money was the same and you had the option to join OKC or Philly, for basketball reason what team would you pick?

Embiid is awesome.

Can’t depend on his body holding up.

He isn’t Kawhi level.

But he misses chunks of time every year.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Bill Walton. Sad to hear that.

But he was quite literally the worst NBA color commentary guy ever.

So bad.
That’s what made him entertaining.

He rarely even talked about the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think allen is the only player out there who could go but wont (and so far that seems to be the case since you wont mention anyone).........?

My only issue has been making Allen the poster boy to be the anti Kobe. If you think he's the only one who begged out of the playoffs it's more than a mind criticism. Had you said something more reasonable like "maybe he could have gone, but hard to ever know how hurt someone else might be?" Hard to take issue with that.

Of course he isn’t the only guy.

Nobody ever said that.

Again, this conversation was about Jared Allen.

There are many other occasions where we have discussed other players who aren’t willing to play through injuries or even some who seem to fabricate injuries to sit out.

None of that has anything to do with Jared Allen or this conversation.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the candidates, who’s your preference?

…..imo, I’d go with the guy that makes Mitchell the happiest.

It’s gonna really sick if the rumors of Klutch wanting Garland moved are true.

But, Garland for Ingram balances the roster much better.

If Donovan is willing to sign long term and you really have to choose…

No brainer who you keep.

I’m still holding out hope it’s just typical rumor mill trolling.

I’m a Garland fan.
Obviously what makes Mitchell happiest only matter if he will commit. I do think Cassel would be interesting but admittedly it's not based on much as I have no idea what kind of coach he has been as an assistant. I'd kind of like the idea of Atkinson as seemed like he was doing well in Brooklyn (fucker cost us a top 3 pick in a loaded draft when he didn't get the memo his team should lose and they played hard). Think he got a bit of a raw deal being let go and if he'd like to get his revenge here I'm down......Mike Brown 3.0 would be nice, too, if the Kings are dumb.

I find it hard to believe the rumors Garland wants out if Mitchell stays. Not based on anything I've seen between the 2 of them....but, sure, we can never know if they like each other. And, yes, if one or other I'd rather have Mitchell......then again, if Mitchell brought far more in trade (which I'm not so sure about) I consider moving him if I have to move one. Before this season Garland was considered a really good player. Doubt he forgot how to play at age 24.

But as I often say and really believe is I only hope the FO is at least open to any move that makes us better....even if it's a guy they might be reluctant to deal (like garland, allen, etc)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports talk radio stations here in Phoenix are really playing this up. Lots of talk about how the Suns are willing to offer a MAX contract for LeBron and they assure James they will then draft Brony. I guess the Suns are thinking that a KD/James/Booker trio would get them a championship. I am not sure any of this has any truth to it but I suppose it is entertaining.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random note: it makes absolutely zero sense how you can play out your entire rookie contract and still not hit unrestricted free agency

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what made him entertaining.

He rarely even talked about the game.

I hated it so much.

Because he would literally say things that were just wrong. And people who don’t know the game are not going to know better.

One of my favorites was something like this:

A guard got back on a fast break, stepped in front of a taller player, got set and took a charge. It was an absolutely fabulous play.

Walton’s comment:

“That was a horrible play by _______. He just has to try and block the shot there. Taking a charge makes the official bail him out. And, he might get called for the foul himself.”

So many instances like that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the pundits continue to beat this dead horse. Gilbert has already made it known that he will not trade Mitchell to the Lakers for a lot of reasons that are related to LeBron James.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he isn’t the only guy.

Nobody ever said that.

Again, this conversation was about Jared Allen.

There are many other occasions where we have discussed other players who aren’t willing to play through injuries or even some who seem to fabricate injuries to sit out.

None of that has anything to do with Jared Allen or this conversation.
Yet when I ask why is (name the injured player) not held to the same scrutiny what is your answer?

This is not to say it's even impossible the guy was simply just scared to have a shot or just wouldn't do it because of a miniscule chance of a major health issue (like a punctured lung) and IF that was the case then I might feel differently.

But the guy was putting to rest the ridiculous narrative some had that he was soft as he was arguably the best player in the Orlando series to that point. I'm not sure how much he cares what fans/media think and he strikes me as someone who genuinely does not care....but if he does I cannot see him shutting it down if he could go.

What I THINK happened (just a guess of course) is it was a pretty bad rib injury and they knew he would not be back (though could try if he wanted which seems he did). was told to keep Cs guessing gonna list him as questionable and he said "cool".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the pundits continue to beat this dead horse. Gilbert has already made it known that he will not trade Mitchell to the Lakers for a lot of reasons that are related to LeBron James.

I doubt that's true.....IF it was the best move for the Cavs I'm confident they'd send him to LA. Without a 3rd team just don't see how it would be the best option.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports talk radio stations here in Phoenix are really playing this up. Lots of talk about how the Suns are willing to offer a MAX contract for LeBron and they assure James they will then draft Brony. I guess the Suns are thinking that a KD/James/Booker trio would get them a championship. I am not sure any of this has any truth to it but I suppose it is entertaining.

Yeah, I live in Gilbert and this crap is everywhere.

Biggest issue?

Math.

The Suns can’t have 4 max guys.

It’s mathematically impossible.

Lebron for the minimum is laughable.

He won’t do that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Mecca. I am quite sure you would get a laugh or two out of the local sports reporters who continue to leave that "small" fact out of their on-air discussions. That is why I stated that the value of the convos is indeed entertaining with truth aside.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any truth to the James-to-the-Suns scenario, it would have to include: First, the Suns taking Brony in the Second Round in the draft in a couple of weeks; And then, Secondly, trying their best to let the James' desire of playing with his son be the motivating factor for James to accept an offer of a mathematically based contract (that would not include a MAX) and hoping he would buy in!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any truth to the James-to-the-Suns scenario, it would have to include: First, the Suns taking Brony in the Second Round in the draft in a couple of weeks; And then, Secondly, trying their best to let the James' desire of playing with his son be the motivating factor for James to accept an offer of a mathematically based contract (that would not include a MAX) and hoping he would buy in!
You left out no one poisoning the well by taking Bronny just to mess things up.