• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had all 3 of those guys rated higher than JHS

Man I just never got that pick

Cam was exactly what they needed

But on the other hand, very few rookies contribute on good teams anyway

So it’s fine taking the long term view

I just didn’t like the player or the fit
But what does this have to do with the Thunder?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah I doubt it but I give them a chance since their are no super teams right now and it doesn't look like one is coming- but that can change quickly.

While the Thunder's years-long tank job did provide them with tons of assets, and I am a huge fan of Presti- I do not think SGA is near a top of the line elite guy that most teams require to win a title.

not impossible to win a title without a Giannis or LeBron or Curry--- but its hard---- and I dont see them even having #2 or #2 that comes close to recent #2s or #3s like Wade, Kyrie, Klay (in his prime obviously), etc.
That was the take around here about Shai 2 years ago. You are behind the times now with that opinion though. Hecis a mega superstar and actually could win the mvp this season. This is going to be the super team, it was just built differently than most. As for the 2 guy you obviously have not been watching.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the take around here about Shai 2 years ago. You are behind the times now with that opinion though. Hecis a mega superstar and actually could win the mvp this season. This is going to be the super team, it was just built differently than most. As for the 2 guy you obviously have not been watching.
Jokic
Curry
Giannis
LeBron
Leonard
Durant/Curry
Durant/Curry
LeBron
Curry
Duncan
LeBron
LeBron
Dirk
Kobe
Kobe
Garnett
Duncan

SGA- not really even close to any of those guys

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic
Curry
Giannis
LeBron
Leonard
Durant/Curry
Durant/Curry
LeBron
Curry
Duncan
LeBron
LeBron
Dirk
Kobe
Kobe
Garnett
Duncan

SGA- not really even close to any of those guys
Your opinion, numbers tell a much different tale that real basketball people are noticing. He’s a superstar 1, period.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for supporting cast

Jokic's, Leonard's, Dirks and Giannis' teams did not have multiple in-prime hall of famers--- so like I said- its not impossible.....

is it likely that the Thunder have a Klay, Kyrie, Wade, Pau, Pierce, Love, Bosh, Kidd, Parker, Allen to support SGA who is NOT Giannis or Jokic or LeBron or Curry or Duncan or Kobe, etc..........i suppose its possible- likely? ehh id say no. They def. dont have a core (in my opinion) that could challenge teams like the 15 Warriors, 16 Cavs, 17/88 GSW, LeBron/Wade/Bosh Heat, Garnett/Allen/Pierce Celtics--- even years from now they wont TOUCH those teams- not even in the conversation-- but like I said- it does not appear there is a team on the horizon like those teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion, numbers tell a much different tale that real basketball people are noticing. He’s a superstar 1, period.
the majority of those guys are top 20 guys of all time- or close....so- I think you are deep into the ketamine early on this Friday.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the "piling up on the Thunder fan" joke, but that's OK.

Wasn't looking for what you mentioned. I responded to something about the Joker that was posted. And it bothered a very homeristic 76ers fan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it’s a product of nature or nurture that leaves you craving Serbian cock in your mouth?

Odd thing for you to say as Embiid's balls have been on your chin for years now.

You want no part of real Jokic/Embiid comparison because Jokic is better.

Just compare their careers.

Who's healthy and who's always injured?

Who's the only 2nd round pick to win multiple MVP's?

Which player has exceeded expectations and which one has yet to live up to expectations?

Between Jokic & Embiid which player has never had a teammate that's made an all star game or all defensive team?

Which player has a championship?

Keep living in denial short bus.

Your ride is here- :shortbus:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd thing for you to say as Embiid's balls have been on your chin for years now.

You want no part of real Jokic/Embiid comparison because Jokic is better.

Just compare their careers.

Who's healthy and who's always injured?

Who's the only 2nd round pick to win multiple MVP's?

Which player has exceeded expectations and which one has yet to live up to expectations?

Between Jokic & Embiid which player has never had a teammate that's made an all star game or all defensive team?

Which player has a championship?

Keep living in denial short bus.

Your ride is here- :shortbus:
So it’s nature or nurture?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no Mitchell, Garland just not looking sharp as a #1. The team very sloppy
Need to get those TOs down but entire team having issues there.......18 and 10 shooting 50% overall and 60% from 3 I'm not gonna put too much on him for the loss. Good to see the kid is hitting 3s again. Need that to continue and of course for DM to play tonight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't ask me but not sure what he's talking about really. as to last night's game (and this was written after) Mitchell did not even play.

In the games without Garland then with him back the games have been pretty similar as far as win %, level of opponent, blowout wins, etc. Mitchell does still play the PG quite a bit even with DG back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to get those TOs down but entire team having issues there.......18 and 10 shooting 50% overall and 60% from 3 I'm not gonna put too much on him for the loss. Good to see the kid is hitting 3s again. Need that to continue and of course for DM to play tonight.
I think Mitchell was really taxed all star weekend. I would sit him one more game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't ask me but not sure what he's talking about really. as to last night's game (and this was written after) Mitchell did not even play.

In the games without Garland then with him back the games have been pretty similar as far as win %, level of opponent, blowout wins, etc. Mitchell does still play the PG quite a bit even with DG back.
IMG_4051.jpeg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. They looked better without Garland. Mitchell is a better distributor and is a master at creating his own shot. This won’t happen but I would love if Garland was the PG for the second unit. Of course he would start but most of his minutes with Mitchell not on the floor. He can’t guard a fly, Orlando went at him in crunch time last night even on the switch.
I mean, this isn't really true....the 14-4 stretch without Garland was not really better than the 8-1 stretch after his return (now 8-2).

Higher % of close wins without garland than close wins since his return. Lost to a bad team without him but none with him back. One blowout loss without him (though DM missed the game, too) and worse loss with him back was last night by 7.

as is so often the case too much being made about 1 loss. I mean, didn't we also beat Orlando with Garland (maybe twice, but not sure)? Looking at Cavs' forums today seems Garland must go to the bench, the team is soft, JB cannot coach, etc (realize you didn't say all these things). Extreme overreactions.....and missing our best player.

all that said, I'm not sure who comes out first but does seem like much of the game DG and DM are not in together. He only makes sure 1 of them (and 1 of Allen/Mobley) is in at all times when healthy.

Oh, and despite him not being able to guard a fly we remain one of the elite defenses this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mitchell was really taxed all star weekend. I would sit him one more game.
Haven't heard a thing but illnesses do tend to linger......though ya beat us without a few guys and us at full strength so I say Philly should try that again,.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the majority of those guys are top 20 guys of all time- or close....so- I think you are deep into the ketamine early on this Friday.
Like I said you aren’t watching, Shai’s current impact on games is no less than any one of those guys. Give it time, all that is needed.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things do not finish well for the Bucks.....could they really fire Doc and bring in somebody else next season?

They would be paying 3 coaches next season.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
He's this bad now, wait until they win a 'ship in the next couple years