• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best is being a little dismissive but he's definitely not a 1 which is what they're basically saying by turning those picks down

Is it really a little dismissive though? He's most certainly not a one. We all agree on that. But I don't think he could be your 2nd best player either. For example, if it were Embiid and Bridges, I don't think I'd pick the Sixers to win. But Embiid/Maxey/Bridges? For sure. Same thing with OKC. If it were just him and Shai, nah. But Shai/Chet/Bridges? For sure. He'd have to have a certain kind of superstar next to him, like Prime Lebron or maybe Giannis, before I'd say I'm comfortable with a team winning a championship if Bridges was my 2nd best player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe resting and not playing in the all star game could have prevented that
I guess but he cares about the fans unlike others so he got a first half run in and don’t think he played the 2nd half. Man of the people

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to a national writer on radio earlier talking about the all star game. He said Silver pulled out all the stops trying to get the guys to compete. Sent Byrd and Irving to the locker rooms talking about playing hard. He said the players basically sent a message that the only thing that would motivate them is money. He likened it to a sit down strike of sorts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to a national writer on radio earlier talking about the all star game. He said Silver pulled out all the stops trying to get the guys to compete. Sent Byrd and Irving to the locker rooms talking about playing hard. He said the players basically sent a message that the only thing that would motivate them is money. He likened it to a sit down strike of sorts.

Asking players to treat the AS game like a regular game is pretty crazy which is what he indirectly asked for

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking players to treat the AS game like a regular game is pretty crazy which is what he indirectly asked for
Gotta be some middle ground between regular game and what they did Sunday. ASGs never had much defense but this was literally taking turns doing dunks and layups and uncontested 3s the whole time. I don't care much either way but it's not crazy to ask for at least some effort.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be some middle ground between regular game and what they did Sunday. ASGs never had much defense but this was literally taking turns doing dunks and layups and uncontested 3s the whole time. I don't care much either way but it's not crazy to ask for at least some effort.

Just not that serious. Baseball is the only All Star game that can be played close to a regular game. I know much don't care about hockey but their AS game is played similiar to basketball then they made changes to the format. Didn't tell players to play harder

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really a little dismissive though? He's most certainly not a one. We all agree on that. But I don't think he could be your 2nd best player either. For example, if it were Embiid and Bridges, I don't think I'd pick the Sixers to win. But Embiid/Maxey/Bridges? For sure. Same thing with OKC. If it were just him and Shai, nah. But Shai/Chet/Bridges? For sure. He'd have to have a certain kind of superstar next to him, like Prime Lebron or maybe Giannis, before I'd say I'm comfortable with a team winning a championship if Bridges was my 2nd best player.

3rd at best would be the debatable point

solidly 3rd you would be good imo

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not that serious. Baseball is the only All Star game that can be played close to a regular game. I know much don't care about hockey but their AS game is played similiar to basketball then they made changes to the format. Didn't tell players to play harder
Yeah and the NFL went to flag football. Maybe time to scrap the game and do skills stuff only...one on ones maybe for a bit, who knows :noidea: