• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2021 White Sox season

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to get our predictions down gang. Prior to Eloy's injury, I was thinking 95 wins for the Good Guys. Now I'm going with 91. I feel he would have been a +6 with his bat and a -2 with the glove, so a net loss of 4 wins. Here are my divisional winners and wild card picks:

AL East
Yankees

AL Central
White Sox

AL West
Astros

Wild Card
Blue Jays
Twins

NL East
Braves

NL Central
Brewers

NL West
Dodgers

Wild Card
Mets
Padres

AL Champs
White Sox

NL Champs
Dodgers

WS Champs
Dodgers

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything less than 90 wins is a letdown for this team...even with the Eloy injury. It's time to take the step. As far as playoffs, we'll see. We've got a lot of proving to do and even then it's a crapshoot.

Dodgers and Padres are the hot sh*t teams. And Yankees are always in the mix. Mets are probably gonna do their Mets thing...so I expect overrated out of them. In our division? How far has Cleveland fallen? That will be a decent tell in how high the Sox/Twins fly. We'll see.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything less than 90 wins is a letdown for this team...even with the Eloy injury. It's time to take the step. As far as playoffs, we'll see. We've got a lot of proving to do and even then it's a crapshoot.

Dodgers and Padres are the hot sh*t teams. And Yankees are always in the mix. Mets are probably gonna do their Mets thing...so I expect overrated out of them. In our division? How far has Cleveland fallen? That will be a decent tell in how high the Sox/Twins fly. We'll see.
Good read and I agree with everything you said, but I didn't see a specific win prediction for the boys. Howzabout a hard number.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read and I agree with everything you said, but I didn't see a specific win prediction for the boys. Howzabout a hard number.

I think/hope we are in the 90 win range but I doubt we come near 100...So I'd bet on like 92, give or take, but if you want a number. 92.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
93 wins for your White Sox in 2021. 1st Place baby!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm low man on the totem pole with my 91 pick. I'm rooting for all three of us to have underguessed!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Chicago Tribune*:

Asked Tuesday if Vaughn would be the opening-day left fielder, manager Tony La Russa said: “Maybe. There’s another option with Leury (Garcia). But Andrew will be in the lineup at one of those spots — DH or left field. I watched it today a couple of times, and you can see him moving (in left field). His routes are better. I just think right now, Garcia will probably play left field (opening day).”

Hmmm, interesting. Dylan Bundy, a righty will open for the Angels. So if Leury opens in left, who will be the DH, RH hitter Vaughn or LH hitter Collins, who's had a hot Spring? It's pretty obvious that Vaughn will only be in two spots for much of the season - DH and LF, with the once-in-awhile appearance at 1st base. So, assuming Garcia does start tomorrow in left, does TLR play the percentages and go with Collins to face Bundy or buck the trend and start Vaughn? He indicates that Vaughn will be out there tomorrow, which tells me he gets the nod as the DH, but you never know. Maybe he prefers that he sits a bit and watch a few innings before sending him out there. Intriguing to say the least.

Now, as to the * next to the Trib. You will rarely see me post any link or quotes from them because they are a subscription rag, and this homeboy don't play dat. However, they 'magnanimously' grant a free online article to read each month, so I usually wait until the last day to cash in before they cut off access. The same with the Sun-Times, altho you can maybe squeeze in a 2 or even 3 articles before they too cut you off.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's split the difference: 88
i'm not big on guessing standings or wind for that matter. i only know what i reasonably hope for. i would hope the sox can do 90 wins. anything over that and i'll be ecstatic. the rest of the team has to remain pretty healthy (especially the pitching) and you can never count on that. losing eloy is going to hurt but how much remains to be seen.
as for the rest of the divisions and the nl ... i don't pay much attention to them and so have no way to guess what's going to happen.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins lose 6-5 in 10 innings to the Brewers. Colome gets a blown save first inning out of the gate. LOL

Also - Donaldson - got a hammy after one AB - he left the game.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s go time baby!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as madrigal being considered a real good fielder .... i am unimpressed. don't know why haniger was given a hit that first ab as any 2nd baseman even average catches that ball.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodon throwing to first ... 3 times and each throw got worse till he threw it away. wtf?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as madrigal being considered a real good fielder .... i am unimpressed. don't know why haniger was given a hit that first ab as any 2nd baseman even average catches that ball.
I've been disappointed in Madrigal, but I thinking he is just trying too hard to impress. In his defense, Haniger's ball hit him in a bad spot - the middle of his glove hand. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season wins stand at 80 - with 23 games to play. The Sox would have to go 14-9 to hit 94 wins.

Go Sox!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season wins stand at 80 - with 23 games to play. The Sox would have to go 14-9 to hit 94 wins.

Go Sox!

Considering the Twins are horrendous, we've left some on the table and STILL will probably hit most of our most positive expectations as far as W/L. Kinda crazy.