• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2021 NFL Draft Thread.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we figured out when the next michael vick is being drafted.? Have we figured out that comparison yet?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and mcarron had some traits too.. curiois how his vision is so exemplary , when he played one year on a loaded team with guys wide open... jameis would see it too, pre lasik. He has some good nuances yes. But i dunno. Im not saying he sucks, im just not seeing it yet.

I think there is JUST enough there to not completely count him out. But yeah you and I really aren't that far apart.

Again.....I would have to be QB desperate. But I could see maneuvering into a spot to take him later in the draft.

It's so hard to find a QB in this league. He is at least worth a shot.

He is a guy if you just go and look at his highlights and nothing else, you have to be a little impressed. Just look at his highlight tape (4 minutes) and watch his feet, his ball placement and ability to shift slightly in the pocket. It's enough to peek an interest.

.....where he fails is when you go watch an actual full game. There are a lot of throws like the one that had Bill shaking his head at the pro day. And even worse there were times when his offensive line wasn't perfect and he struggled with the pressure.

But good highlight and shaky gametape is why all the draftniks are saying he is going to SF right now at #3 overall. No way that happens IMO. He just doesn't have the tape of him throwing on the run that a guy like Shannahan is going to want to see as a QB in his system.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not fair.

I am not a HUGE Mac fan....but if I was QB desperate, I would definitely have as a contingency to get into the back of the 1st round and snag him if he is there to get that 5th year option on him.

He can process the field, is a very good deep ball thrower and has some subtle parts to his game that your have to like. Great feet in the pocket. A true sense of what he is trying to do where he can think 2nd level and use ball fakes. Hell just seeing the ball fakes and how and when he uses shows that he has the head to play the NFL game. A lot of QB's even in the NFL don't see the game as well as him to use those type of things properly.

People seem to forget but almost every year one of the QB's being talked about in the top 10 always ends up in the bottom of the 1st. I think that is Mac this year.
All the experts are acting like Mac is going top 10 possibly top 5 now. When about a month ago it was late 1st. He should be draft mid to late though imo. I think Lance could be the one to drop, he seems like a Jordan Love type of pick

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the experts are acting like Mac is going top 10 possibly top 5 now. When about a month ago it was late 1st. He should be draft mid to late though imo. I think Lance could be the one to drop, he seems like a Jordan Love type of pick
Yeah I think Lance is the one that ends up getting drafted later then expecited. So much risk comes with him possibly ending up a bust.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is JUST enough there to not completely count him out. But yeah you and I really aren't that far apart.

Again.....I would have to be QB desperate. But I could see maneuvering into a spot to take him later in the draft.

He is a guy if you just go and look at his highlights and nothing else, you have to be a little impressed. Just look at his highlight tape (4 minutes) and watch his feet, his ball placement and ability to shift slightly in the pocket. It's enough to peek an interest.

.....where he fails is when you go watch an actual full game. There are a lot of throws like the one that had Bill shaking his head at the pro day. And even worse there were times when his offensive line wasn't perfect and he struggled with the pressure.

But good highlight and shaky gametape is why all the draftniks are saying he is going to SF right now at #3 overall. No way that happens IMO. He just doesn't have the tape of him throwing on the run that a guy like Shannahan is going to want to see as a QB in his system.

yeah i get it. I do, and I agree. Qb desperate yes, but were talking about a sure fire top 20sih pick at this point arent we? Im always impressed in highlight tapes, doesnt matter who it is, its a highlight tape lol. He throws a great deep ball, hes supposedly cerebral. Honestly i want the cerebral qb. I just dont see how he was super cerebral this year.....Ive watched draft pundits post plays of his and talk about his reads or him handling things, when he had 3 guys open by 3 feet....

I dunno, i agree with you. But shanny loves kirk cousins, this is kinda the mold isnt it?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/
Yeah I think Lance is the one that ends up getting drafted later then expecited. So much risk comes with him possibly ending up a bust.
guys with those intangibles always get over drafted.........regardless of the risk. Let be honest 50% of first rounds qbs dont even make a second contract with that team. Even more fail when they arent a complete prospect but have the "tools".....but teams wanna find the 1 josh allen for every 99 christian ponders and jamarcus russell's. I'll continue to bet against those guys. Josh allen made me eat it, but hes the exception.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s because all the “experts” were just waiting for the Chris Simms rankings

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i get it. I do, and I agree. Qb desperate yes, but were talking about a sure fire top 20sih pick at this point arent we? Im always impressed in highlight tapes, doesnt matter who it is, its a highlight tape lol. He throws a great deep ball, hes supposedly cerebral. Honestly i want the cerebral qb. I just dont see how he was super cerebral this year.....Ive watched draft pundits post plays of his and talk about his reads or him handling things, when he had 3 guys open by 3 feet....

I dunno, i agree with you. But shanny loves kirk cousins, this is kinda the mold isnt it?
This might help a little. Although, I think niners are after fields maybe even lance. Who knows?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might help a little. Although, I think niners are after fields maybe even lance. Who knows?

Ok Danny. You were a cerebral guy...how did your football career pan out? Asking for a friend lol

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah, the Jets are going with Wilson.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1617672318547.png

So if this is correct the 4th pick in the draft will be a QB, just a matter of who ends up with the pick. Any guesses on which QB will be the 4th off the board?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta trading down would be somewhat unusual at this point. Imo, it would require a scenario with exactly 4 top tier QB prospects and then a massive dropoff. But if that was the case then it would require something to the same tune as what the Niners gave up to get in the game and I don't think Denver or New England fit the profile of teams who normally do that kind of thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 268311

So if this is correct the 4th pick in the draft will be a QB, just a matter of who ends up with the pick. Any guesses on which QB will be the 4th off the board?
4 QB’s in a row...not surprised. Probably Mac. I think the 49ers are putting a smokescreen up and they are all in on Fields but we will see.

Before this year I wouldn’t have thought NE would trade up but what they have done this offseason I have a different outlook on them. I could see them trading up to get Mac Jones at 4

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, I dont think NE or DEN will trade up. Carolina doesn’t make sense since they have Bridgewater and Darnold now. Idk

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 QB’s in a row...not surprised. Probably Mac. I think the 49ers are putting a smokescreen up and they are all in on Fields but we will see.

Before this year I wouldn’t have thought NE would trade up but what they have done this offseason I have a different outlook on them. I could see them trading up to get Mac Jones at 4
I’m guessing Jones go to the 49ers and Field will be the next QB off the board.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, I dont think NE or DEN will trade up. Carolina doesn’t make sense since they have Bridgewater and Darnold now. Idk
Thats kinda where I'm at. I think DEN would want Mac Jones or Justin Fields. I think NE would be okay with any of the three, tbh. (When Bellichick shakes his head and frowns at Mac Jones, thats how he shows that he cares). I also think there is value at other positions besides QB where ATL is drafting. Miami traded a 1st to get back up for a reason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats kinda where I'm at. I think DEN would want Mac Jones or Justin Fields. I think NE would be okay with any of the three, tbh. (When Bellichick shakes his head and frowns at Mac Jones, thats how he shows that he cares). I also think there is value at other positions besides QB where ATL is drafting. Miami traded a 1st to get back up for a reason.
Yeah if ATL wants an offensive weapon they can trade back and still get one of those guys or grab the #1 CB. Plenty of options, I’m just intrigued on what team would trade up. Denver does make sense though

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if ATL wants an offensive weapon they can trade back and still get one of those guys or grab the #1 CB. Plenty of options, I’m just intrigued on what team would trade up. Denver does make sense though
Denver picks at #9 I would think some excellent players would still be available if Atlanta trades back with the Broncos. Broncos have tried going with development type QBs like Osweiler, Lynch, Siemian and they have try journeyman QBs like Keenum and Joe Flacco. So I could see them taking the plunge and trading up if they really like one of the Qbs on the board still.

The Denver Broncos attending a certain prospect’s pro day does not guarantee the team plans to draft that player. But the team’s pro day schedule might provide some clues about Denver’s positional draft targets.

For example, general manager George Paton has attended the pro days of Zach Wilson, Justin Fields and Trey Lance (and he sent the team’s top scout to Mac Jones‘ pro day). That’s probably a clear sign that quarterback is on the team’s list of potential draft targets.

@Shanemansj13 your aware how hard it is to find a franchise QB being a Browns fan. Don't you think the Broncos are sick of whiffing at QB and would/should consider making a move for a QB more in the franchise mold? I do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver picks at #9 I would think some excellent players would still be available if Atlanta trades back with the Broncos. Broncos have tried going with development type QBs like Osweiler, Lynch, Siemian and they have try journeyman QBs like Keenum and Joe Flacco. So I could see them taking the plunge and trading up if they really like one of the Qbs on the board still.

The Denver Broncos attending a certain prospect’s pro day does not guarantee the team plans to draft that player. But the team’s pro day schedule might provide some clues about Denver’s positional draft targets.

For example, general manager George Paton has attended the pro days of Zach Wilson, Justin Fields and Trey Lance (and he sent the team’s top scout to Mac Jones‘ pro day). That’s probably a clear sign that quarterback is on the team’s list of potential draft targets.

@Shanemansj13 your aware how hard it is to find a franchise QB being a Browns fan. Don't you think the Broncos are sick of whiffing at QB and would/should consider making a move for a QB more in the franchise mold? I do.
Absolutely, as long as Elway doesn’t pick the guy they might have a shot lol. I’m just not sold on Mac and Lance is by far the kid that needs the most development so yeah I get trading up is probably the right move but it’s still risky imo. Gotta try though. Even Baker at #1 wasn’t the clear option, the Browns had to make a tough decision between 4 QB’s essentially. Denver has a pretfy damn good team around the QB it seems like every year, the missing link.