• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2021 NFL Draft Thread.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp KC found a way to improve their OL. Going to have to pay him big money if they extend him

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking at this NFL draft for months and Ive hated the value at the end of rd1 for the Chiefs and the need for LT. I had a feeling that something out of the draft was being planned. The first round pick was going to get used to make Mahomes happy and this was probably the best way to do it assuming that they can get him re-signed.

Chiefs have two second round picks and some other late round filler so....yeah. Hmm. I'm guessing those two picks should probably be defensive players because I don't think some guys are getting re-signed after 2021.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking at this NFL draft for months and Ive hated the value at the end of rd1 for the Chiefs and the need for LT. I had a feeling that something out of the draft was being planned. The first round pick was going to get used to make Mahomes happy and this was probably the best way to do it assuming that they can get him re-signed.

Chiefs have two second round picks and some other late round filler so....yeah. Hmm. I'm guessing those two picks should probably be defensive players because I don't think some guys are getting re-signed after 2021.
Edge rusher definitely comes to mind...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge rusher definitely comes to mind...
Edge Rusher for sure.

Other pick....probably Safety with money being tight and Daniel Sorenson being older and likely even more of a liability moving forward. Willie Gay is the investment at LB but the Chiefs aren't currently tied to any of their Safeties long-term.

WR is probably going to be commonly mocked to the Chiefs but Id imagine veteran WRs should be falling over themselves to get 1 yr prove-it contracts with the Chiefs to get on the field with Mahomes. Maybe Im wrong on that one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I feel the Browns should either trade up to get their guy or trade back. They basically got Brown for a mid 2nd round when you factor in the entire trade but I think it was a good trade for both teams. Still a lot of talent in this draft. I know Brown in a 2-time PB’r but I still think he needs to prove himself and will command a lot of money. Brown, Thuney and Long either way it’s an upgrade

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs did look like they had the 22nd best D in the Super Bowl last year but they were 10th in points per game and 5th in Interceptions last year. That said, their top 4 matches my initial power rankings, too although I might have the Browns and Chiefs swapped just due to the experience.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs did look like they had the 22nd best D in the Super Bowl last year but they were 10th in points per game and 5th in Interceptions last year. That said, their top 4 matches my initial power rankings, too although I might have the Browns and Chiefs swapped just due to the experience.
What stands out is how much the Bucs are better than any other team. Crazy

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stands out is how much the Bucs are better than any other team. Crazy
There is a reason that Brady chose to go there. They drafted fairly well for a few years and had a lot of high picks because of a bad QB situation. Brady came in, they drafted well again, and they brought in Gronk and former top 5 pick Fournette.

I get the Chiefs not being at the top, too, because Super Bowl losers generally have a hard time recovering. Still, the Chiefs are returning Andy Reid, Steve Spagnuolo and Eric Bieniemy for another run. I don't know how common it is for a team to retain its head coach and both coordinators after 2 Super Bowl runs but here we are.

Bucs are returning everyone for a proper repeat. The only real tragedy for the NFL in all of this is that the Bucs dont have any fans. Then again, we'll probably see 4 or 5 Bucs fans pop up on this board out of nowhere next year because they'll be winning.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason that Brady chose to go there. They drafted fairly well for a few years and had a lot of high picks because of a bad QB situation. Brady came in, they drafted well again, and they brought in Gronk and former top 5 pick Fournette.

I get the Chiefs not being at the top, too, because Super Bowl losers generally have a hard time recovering. Still, the Chiefs are returning Andy Reid, Steve Spagnuolo and Eric Bieniemy for another run. I don't know how common it is for a team to retain its head coach and both coordinators after 2 Super Bowl runs but here we are.

Bucs are returning everyone for a proper repeat. The only real tragedy for the NFL in all of this is that the Bucs dont have any fans. Then again, we'll probably see 4 or 5 Bucs fans pop up on this board out of nowhere next year because they'll be winning.
Yeah these are the most talented teams Brady has ever played for and probably why he coupd make for another 3-4 years. The Bucs will be set for at least a couple more years. I do think the Chiefs are right there, they have improved their OL and now need to improve their defense...it is going to be harder for KC to sustain though. The Bucs are in the perfect situation

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. #1 defense. I have no idea what the criteria is, but go Broncos!
#1 might be a bit of stretch but I’ve always felt like the offense has been the issue for Denver specifically QB. You think they target a QB?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 might be a bit of stretch but I’ve always felt like the offense has been the issue for Denver specifically QB. You think they target a QB?
As long as it isn’t Mac Jones, I’ll be happy with whoever they pick, regardless of position.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm

Panthers GM Makes Surprising Decision On QB Sam Darnold (msn.com)

Darnold’s current rookie contract includes a fifth-year option for the 2022 season. It was previously believed the Panthers would pick up said option, keeping the former USC star in Carolina for at least the next two seasons. That may not be the plan.

Panthers GM Scott Fitterer admitted of Friday his organization won’t decide on Darnold’s fifth-year option until after next week’s 2021 NFL Draft. That could be a clear sign of Carolina’s long term plan with Darnold and the quarterback unit.
They're being flexible, wanting to see if there's a QB at #8.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I bet money I mean real money that the Fins won't be the worst in the NFL next year according to that chart? Who makes this shit up?