• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, its Wills > Becton > Thomas > Wirfs.

I'm sure everyone has a different list. Becton is the toughest read because I think he has the highest ceiling and the lowest floor.
Mine is...

Wills>Thomas=Becton>Wirfs

Mine is changing every week it seems.

Thomas=Wills > Wirfs > Becton

Becton offers just too much risk. If the other 3 OT's are gone at 10 and Becton is there..I would want the Browns to trade down. He is the riskiest pick, could his ceiling be pretty damn high? Sure but I want the safe pick at 10. I think Thomas is the safest pick and could end up being the best as well. Wirfs is not far behind Thomas and Wills imo...I think the gap is with Becton. I could see Becton sliding back to the Bucs but also could see some team loving him and taking him early as well.

Right now, I would be extremely happy if Thomas fell to 10

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this OT class is amazing.

Other guys I like that could go late 1st or 2nd are Jack Driscoll, Ezra Cleveland, and Prince Tega Wanogho

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this OT class is amazing.

Other guys I like that could go late 1st or 2nd are Jack Driscoll, Ezra Cleveland, and Prince Tega Wanogho
I think its decent. I think you'll see around 7 OLs in rd1 but I'm not really sure I like that value in rd2. There are a lot of position flexible projects in rd3 or rd4 that might fit into your system and I think there is value there, too.

I love the rd2 RB and CB value. I also think Eason and Love are solid 50/50 QB prospects if they last to rd2 like Lock from last year.

I like WR and S every round. Those are probably the best 2 positions in the draft imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like every day someone comes out of the woodwork and says that they're really high on CJ Henderson. He seems to be the 'Julio Jones' of the draft where everyone has him in the middle of the first round but he is really way higher on a lot of real boards.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like every day someone comes out of the woodwork and says that they're really high on CJ Henderson. He seems to be the 'Julio Jones' of the draft where everyone has him in the middle of the first round but he is really way higher on a lot of real boards.

He could go top 10 if a team like ATL trades up

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting listen :ranger:

(13:10) CB #5 Trevon Diggs: "Maybe the best 50/50 ball skills of any corner in the Draft"
(19:40) CB #4 Kristian Fulton: "I wish there was a half or more of a rocket up his ass"
(25:30) CB #3 Jeffrey Okudah: "He's a Top 15 pick. There's no way I'd pick him Top 5."
(37:20) CB #2 A.J. Terrell: "Clemson treated him like he’s Jalen Ramsey or Darrelle Revis”
(46:00) CB #1 CJ Henderson: "The physical mobility jumps off the screen"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF best rated CB’s

1. Okudah- Quite easily the most complete corner in this class. Okudah simply didn’t get beaten at Ohio State. The longest catch he allowed in his entire career went for only 38 yards; the longest he allowed all last season went for only 28. He didn’t allow more than half of his targets to be completed in any of his three seasons for the Buckeyes. The junior has the type of statistical profile you dream of at the position.

Oh, and he also has the physical profile. At The Opening back in high school, Okudah ran a 4.49 40, had a 4.03 short shuttle, and a 41.6” vertical. Those are freakish numbers that were good enough to give him the highest SPARQ score of any defensive back prospect in the 2017 class. Hailing from a very translatable scheme in Ohio State, it’s difficult to find too many question marks about Okudah’s play on tape.

2. Fulton - Fulton’s speed may be a concern and he has only average size, but he’s graded out at a level we’ve seen few match at the position in our six years of college grading. He earned an 89.7 coverage grade in 2018 and 86.8 this past year. He allowed only 48 catches over that span and broke up 20 passes. Fulton is one of the most experienced press corners in the nation with 323 such snaps in 2019.

3. Henderson - After Okudah, Henderson has the best man cover corner traits in this class. He’s just such a smooth, gifted athlete that he can stick in the hip pocket of even the shiftiest of wide outs. His best season came as a sophomore in 2018 when he allowed only 18 catches and zero touchdowns on 365 coverage snaps. Opposing quarterbacks really didn’t even test him with only 36 targets on the year.

Henderson gets into trouble trusting his own athleticism. It’s rare to see him play with any sort of physicality along the route and it led to some big plays in 2019. In only nine games, Henderson allowed five catches that went for 40-plus yards. Some were mental lapses, but his passiveness hurt him on others. That step back in performance after a dominant 2018 sophomore campaign will need to be vetted.

4. Johnson - Johnson may have the best instincts for the position of any corner in this class. He’s made some extremely impressive reads over the past couple years to pick off six passes over that span. He had a five game stretch in Pac-12 play this year where he was targeted 10 times and allowed only two catches for five yards. He showed more than capable of locking down season side of the field as a true junior for the Utes.

Johnson simply doesn’t have the size of some of the other corners in this class though. Listed at 6-0, 195 pounds, those numbers may very well be generous. He didn’t have near the press prowess as the guys ahead of him on this list, allowing 20-39 targets for 205 yards in press last year. Off-zone heavy defenses should very much covet Johnson’s skillset.

5. Terrell - The last time we saw Terrell, things didn’t go so well. Terrell yielded 5-8 receiving for 143 yards and two scores against LSU in the National Championship Game. It was a far cry from his previous performance in the National Championship against Alabama that was right up there with some of the most impressive single-game tape of any corner in the class. Terrell has some silky movement skills for a 6-1 corner and mirrored DeVonta Smith perfectly on an out-and-up in that game. While the results against LSU were ugly, he was still at the catch point for all of the big plays he allowed. Losing at the catch point is going to happen, and with his length and production over his career, I’m not going to worry too much about losing a few of them.

6. Diggs - Diggs is about as long of a corner prospect as I can remember. At 6-2, 207 pounds, Diggs doesn’t cede an inch physically. After an injury-shortened 2018 season, the Alabama corner looked fully recovered earning a 90.1 coverage grade in 2019. He was one of the most difficult corners to target all season long …except when he faced Joe Burrow and LSU. In that game, Diggs allowed 9-13 targets for 133 yards and a score. In all other games, Diggs allowed 13-39 targets for 176 yards, no scores, and 11 combined picks and pass breakups.

That length I brought up earlier plays extremely well at the line of scrimmage. On 224 snaps in press this year, Diggs was targeted 33 times and only allowed nine catches. His ability to consistently disrupt the timing of routes should be coveted in any press-heavy scheme. The perfect fit for him is likely any Seattle cover-3 type team where his instincts in zone coverage come in handy as well.

I personally like Diggs more than Terrell too

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting listen :ranger:

Yeah, I saw that. He has controversial RB and WR rankings, too, although his QB ranking is consistent with the consensus.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like forever till the NFL Draft. It’s always exciting leading up to it but obviously this one feels like so much more with no sports for over a month now :Cry:

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that. He has controversial RB and WR rankings, too, although his QB ranking is consistent with the consensus.
Looks like I need to catch up, only seen the CB and QB

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF best rated CB’s

1. Okudah- Quite easily the most complete corner in this class. Okudah simply didn’t get beaten at Ohio State. The longest catch he allowed in his entire career went for only 38 yards; the longest he allowed all last season went for only 28. He didn’t allow more than half of his targets to be completed in any of his three seasons for the Buckeyes. The junior has the type of statistical profile you dream of at the position.

Oh, and he also has the physical profile. At The Opening back in high school, Okudah ran a 4.49 40, had a 4.03 short shuttle, and a 41.6” vertical. Those are freakish numbers that were good enough to give him the highest SPARQ score of any defensive back prospect in the 2017 class. Hailing from a very translatable scheme in Ohio State, it’s difficult to find too many question marks about Okudah’s play on tape.

2. Fulton - Fulton’s speed may be a concern and he has only average size, but he’s graded out at a level we’ve seen few match at the position in our six years of college grading. He earned an 89.7 coverage grade in 2018 and 86.8 this past year. He allowed only 48 catches over that span and broke up 20 passes. Fulton is one of the most experienced press corners in the nation with 323 such snaps in 2019.

3. Henderson - After Okudah, Henderson has the best man cover corner traits in this class. He’s just such a smooth, gifted athlete that he can stick in the hip pocket of even the shiftiest of wide outs. His best season came as a sophomore in 2018 when he allowed only 18 catches and zero touchdowns on 365 coverage snaps. Opposing quarterbacks really didn’t even test him with only 36 targets on the year.

Henderson gets into trouble trusting his own athleticism. It’s rare to see him play with any sort of physicality along the route and it led to some big plays in 2019. In only nine games, Henderson allowed five catches that went for 40-plus yards. Some were mental lapses, but his passiveness hurt him on others. That step back in performance after a dominant 2018 sophomore campaign will need to be vetted.

4. Johnson - Johnson may have the best instincts for the position of any corner in this class. He’s made some extremely impressive reads over the past couple years to pick off six passes over that span. He had a five game stretch in Pac-12 play this year where he was targeted 10 times and allowed only two catches for five yards. He showed more than capable of locking down season side of the field as a true junior for the Utes.

Johnson simply doesn’t have the size of some of the other corners in this class though. Listed at 6-0, 195 pounds, those numbers may very well be generous. He didn’t have near the press prowess as the guys ahead of him on this list, allowing 20-39 targets for 205 yards in press last year. Off-zone heavy defenses should very much covet Johnson’s skillset.

5. Terrell - The last time we saw Terrell, things didn’t go so well. Terrell yielded 5-8 receiving for 143 yards and two scores against LSU in the National Championship Game. It was a far cry from his previous performance in the National Championship against Alabama that was right up there with some of the most impressive single-game tape of any corner in the class. Terrell has some silky movement skills for a 6-1 corner and mirrored DeVonta Smith perfectly on an out-and-up in that game. While the results against LSU were ugly, he was still at the catch point for all of the big plays he allowed. Losing at the catch point is going to happen, and with his length and production over his career, I’m not going to worry too much about losing a few of them.

6. Diggs - Diggs is about as long of a corner prospect as I can remember. At 6-2, 207 pounds, Diggs doesn’t cede an inch physically. After an injury-shortened 2018 season, the Alabama corner looked fully recovered earning a 90.1 coverage grade in 2019. He was one of the most difficult corners to target all season long …except when he faced Joe Burrow and LSU. In that game, Diggs allowed 9-13 targets for 133 yards and a score. In all other games, Diggs allowed 13-39 targets for 176 yards, no scores, and 11 combined picks and pass breakups.

That length I brought up earlier plays extremely well at the line of scrimmage. On 224 snaps in press this year, Diggs was targeted 33 times and only allowed nine catches. His ability to consistently disrupt the timing of routes should be coveted in any press-heavy scheme. The perfect fit for him is likely any Seattle cover-3 type team where his instincts in zone coverage come in handy as well.

I personally like Diggs more than Terrell too
Where is my man Jeff Gladney? Shit list!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gladney does have the worst 3 cone of all of the CBs at the combine. Some of the best film, though.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there is "some buzz" the Browns will trade back from No. 10 overall with an eye on selecting Boise State OT Ezra Cleveland.
The Athletic's Dane Brugler believes it would be the "least surprising move on draft day." The Browns have a truly dire need at tackle, though No. 10 would be a reach for a player not generally considered to be one of this year's best tackles. Another possibibilty, of course, is the Browns remaining at No. 10 and selecting one of Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, Andrew Thomas or Mekhi Becton.

Related:
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 16, 2020, 2:23 PM ET

maybe they want to pick up an extra 2nd rounder to give it to the skins for T. Williams. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports there is "some buzz" the Browns will trade back from No. 10 overall with an eye on selecting Boise State OT Ezra Cleveland.
The Athletic's Dane Brugler believes it would be the "least surprising move on draft day." The Browns have a truly dire need at tackle, though No. 10 would be a reach for a player not generally considered to be one of this year's best tackles. Another possibibilty, of course, is the Browns remaining at No. 10 and selecting one of Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, Andrew Thomas or Mekhi Becton.

Related:
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 16, 2020, 2:23 PM ET

maybe they want to pick up an extra 2nd rounder to give it to the skins for T. Williams. lol

LOL yeah I’ve heard for some time they love that OT from Boise. They could gain a 3rd then give up 2 3rd’s for Trent but that seems more unlikely now