• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you make excuses and prop up Dorsey picks but try to lessen Sashi picks. I happen to agree those were definitely solid picks by Dorsey.

Sashi botched one pick based on where he was taken in 2 drafts. Corey Coleman. No others were bad picks based on where chosen.

And you still ignore what seems obvious.....Andrew Berry was making picks. Sashi just broke ties. At some point can you address this?
Not true. Ogbah was the first pick of the 2nd round, and he's never been anything but above average at best, and that was for one year. He was the #84 EDGE player in the NFL this last year. Kizer was a horrible pick in the 2nd, but thankfully Dorsey was able to fleece GB and get a better player for him. Peppers has been good for maybe 25% of his career and he was a first rounder, and Njoku has potential but hasn't exactly been great yet.

You keep giving Sashi credit for these picks ("He had two drafts", "He botched one pick"), but now you're saying these were Andrew Berry's picks. If that's the case, why are we even talking about Sashi?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lie to your boss about something important you get fired. Thats how the world works.

I'm sure if you did a poll you would find that most people would agree with what KC did and disagree with what the Browns did when they picked him up.
I'm not going to excuse him lying to KC, that was a bonehead move no question. However, the actual incident was completely overblown, to the point the Cleveland Police Department even made up a 2nd police report after interviewing all parties involved and named the woman the suspect of assault, not Hunt. There's a reason nothing at all ever came from it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as of right now, it's looking like Dorsey's draft this year is an absolute all-star cast.

In Sashi's 2 drafts, we drafted 24 guys. Out of those guys, only Garrett is a bonafide star. Njoku could be good, but he's still got some kinks to work out. Peppers has been good for about 8 out of 32 games so far, and was a wreck in 2017. Kizer's only value was Dorsey inexplicably being able to get GB to give us Randall for him - still one of the most mind-boggling trades in recent years. Kizer is horrible. Ogbah was a letdown in Cleveland for his draft spot, while Ogunjobi and Higgins have been decent.

So out of 24 guys, 5-6 of them ever actually did anything good in Cleveland. Out of Dorsey's 9 picks in 2018, 4 are studs (Baker, Ward, Chubb, Avery), Calloway looks like a potential stud down the road, and Corbett is an unknown but has been getting a lot of praise this offseason from the coaching staff.
It's funny you want to discount sashi's first 2 drafts being better because of the high picks, but ignore of the 24 picks, the vast majority were rounds 4-7. Like I said, you make excuses for Dorsey mistakes but make more out perceived mistakes by Sashi.

And it's funny of Dorsey's 4 studs 2 are not here without picks provided by Sashi. Sure, you'll say but Dorsey made the picks and you are right. But I'm pretty sure if Sashi didn't acquire them the NFL would not have allowed Dorsey to pick players in those spots.

It's funny Corbett "is an unknown but has been getting a lot of praise this offseason" ....that right there says it all, my friend. You pretty much rip on Peppers (who NY demanded in the OBJ trade) and Njoku "could be good but has kinks.." But Corbett has been getting a lot of praise?

Let me guess. Chad Thomas is ready to explode, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Ogbah was the first pick of the 2nd round, and he's never been anything but above average at best, and that was for one year. He was the #84 EDGE player in the NFL this last year. Kizer was a horrible pick in the 2nd, but thankfully Dorsey was able to fleece GB and get a better player for him. Peppers has been good for maybe 25% of his career and he was a first rounder, and Njoku has potential but hasn't exactly been great yet.

You keep giving Sashi credit for these picks ("He had two drafts", "He botched one pick"), but now you're saying these were Andrew Berry's picks. If that's the case, why are we even talking about Sashi?
Many picks in round 2 are "above average at best". You couldn't be more comical with your agenda. Corbett also top pick in round 2. How did his rookie season compare to Ogbah? But, hey, everyone says he looks great.

**I should mention I also think Corbett could be a solid player, but I'm rational,objective and able to see both sides here.

And, yes, I do think they were Berry's. I am talking about Sashi because you are the one who keeps crying about his picks. Now that you know a football guy made them can you grade them accordingly?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny you want to discount sashi's first 2 drafts being better because of the high picks, but ignore of the 24 picks, the vast majority were rounds 4-7. Like I said, you make excuses for Dorsey mistakes but make more out perceived mistakes by Sashi.

And it's funny of Dorsey's 4 studs 2 are not here without picks provided by Sashi. Sure, you'll say but Dorsey made the picks and you are right. But I'm pretty sure if Sashi didn't acquire them the NFL would not have allowed Dorsey to pick players in those spots.

It's funny Corbett "is an unknown but has been getting a lot of praise this offseason" ....that right there says it all, my friend. You pretty much rip on Peppers (who NY demanded in the OBJ trade) and Njoku "could be good but has kinks.." But Corbett has been getting a lot of praise?

Let me guess. Chad Thomas is ready to explode, too.
Yes, I'm aware Sashi traded down and provided picks. As I said some time ago, trading down in the draft doesn't mean you're some guru. If Sashi was so smart, they would've kept him on in some capacity rather than fire him, no?

14 of the 24 guys taken in 2016-2017 were 4th round or later. That's not the "vast majority". I can't name another NFL team ever who had 10 picks in the first 3 rounds over a two year span, with 6 of those being in the first 2 rounds. That's insane.

Everything I said about Corbett is true, so not sure what the problem is. He didn't play last year because the Browns had two absolute studs playing guard ahead of him. I ripped on Peppers because he was absolutely horrible as a player as a rookie, and only played well in the 2nd half of his 2nd year when Williams took over. We'll see how he does in NY. Njoku could be a stud, no doubt, but he's obviously not there yet. He was the #28 TE in the NFL this last year, which was a huge leap from 2017, and having Baker there will help his progression.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you are actually propping up Sashi with a short track record a ton of high round draft picks. Dorsey didn't have many high draft picks and still got some great pieces. Of course Dorsey is being propped up, he did more or the same with less and his track record speaks for itself. Sashi had one pretty good draft with a ton of high picks. The only draft Dorsey had with high picks for the Browns he hit GOLD.

Comparing Sashi to Dorsey is kind of a joke and that isn't anything against Sashi. Bc he was pretty good in his short stint.
Dorsey's first pick was the #1 pick in the draft. Botched it and made it worse by overpaying him in an extension. Then he traded for a bad pick by Ray Farmer (Cam Erving).

I couldn't make this up if I tried.

The draft Dorsey had high picks here do you know who got him the high picks?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many picks in round 2 are "above average at best". You couldn't be more comical with your agenda. Corbett also top pick in round 2. How did his rookie season compare to Ogbah? But, hey, everyone says he looks great.

**I should mention I also think Corbett could be a solid player, but I'm rational,objective and able to see both sides here.

And, yes, I do think they were Berry's. I am talking about Sashi because you are the one who keeps crying about his picks. Now that you know a football guy made them can you grade them accordingly?
Comical? Stop it, dude. You're acting like an ass. Ogbah was not the guy we were hoping he'd be, I think even you'd agree with that.

I'm sure if Ogbah had two bonafide stars playing ahead of him as a rookie as Corbett did, he'd have had roughly the same amount of snaps as Corbett, so I'm not sure how your comparison makes any sense.

Being critical isn't "crying". Again, you're being an ass. I grade them exactly the same. For having 24 picks, the results were pretty underwhelming.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm aware Sashi traded down and provided picks. As I said some time ago, trading down in the draft doesn't mean you're some guru. If Sashi was so smart, they would've kept him on in some capacity rather than fire him, no?

14 of the 24 guys taken in 2016-2017 were 4th round or later. That's not the "vast majority". I can't name another NFL team ever who had 10 picks in the first 3 rounds over a two year span, with 6 of those being in the first 2 rounds. That's insane.

Everything I said about Corbett is true, so not sure what the problem is. He didn't play last year because the Browns had two absolute studs playing guard ahead of him. I ripped on Peppers because he was absolutely horrible as a player as a rookie, and only played well in the 2nd half of his 2nd year when Williams took over. We'll see how he does in NY. Njoku could be a stud, no doubt, but he's obviously not there yet. He was the #28 TE in the NFL this last year, which was a huge leap from 2017, and having Baker there will help his progression.
No, because someone had to be the scapegoat for 1-31 and it wasn't going to be Hue since Jimmy liked him.

They drafted Corbett hoping he could be a LT and that was a miserable fail. He might be OK or even great, but you give Dorsey the benefit of the doubt on the pick.

Hell, I bet you think Dorsey was smart to cut Nassib (a Sashi pick) and keep his own Chad Thomas, who never saw the field. Nassib would have been a solid backup for depth...had 6 sacks for TB. smart move?

Peppers was played out of position as a rookie. PFF rated him very high last season. Of course, they only watch every player on every play and have no agenda.....so what would they know?

Agree about Njoku...but with Beckham hard to know how much he'll be used.....Guy you haven't mentioned I love who Dorsey took is Callaway.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comical? Stop it, dude. You're acting like an ass. Ogbah was not the guy we were hoping he'd be, I think even you'd agree with that.

I'm sure if Ogbah had two bonafide stars playing ahead of him as a rookie as Corbett did, he'd have had roughly the same amount of snaps as Corbett, so I'm not sure how your comparison makes any sense.

Being critical isn't "crying". Again, you're being an ass. I grade them exactly the same. For having 24 picks, the results were pretty underwhelming.
Yes, comical.....you prop up guys who played about as much as I did, but rip guys who got on the field and even produced.

yes, I did think Ogbah would be better than he was but as of now he's shown more than Corbett, right? Certainly Nassib looks like he should have been kept over Thomas last season, no?

And you are right...no need to say you were crying. But you do have an agenda and are not objective.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because someone had to be the scapegoat for 1-31 and it wasn't going to be Hue since Jimmy liked him.

They drafted Corbett hoping he could be a LT and that was a miserable fail. He might be OK or even great, but you give Dorsey the benefit of the doubt on the pick.

Hell, I bet you think Dorsey was smart to cut Nassib (a Sashi pick) and keep his own Chad Thomas, who never saw the field. Nassib would have been a solid backup for depth...had 6 sacks for TB. smart move?

Peppers was played out of position as a rookie. PFF rated him very high last season. Of course, they only watch every player on every play and have no agenda.....so what would they know?

Agree about Njoku...but with Beckham hard to know how much he'll be used.....Guy you haven't mentioned I love who Dorsey took is Callaway.
You're right on Hue. He seems like he was Jimmy's guy, and that was a massive misfire. I wish Dorsey had insisted on bringing in someone else, could've been a playoff berth, but it is what it is.

You're right about Corbett. Thinking he could play LT was a big whiff. Clearly he was a guard, but it's worked out alright. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'm saying he's an unknown. I've said as much. If he ends up sucking, I'll give criticism for it.

Nassib had more sacks in TB in 15 games than he did in Cleveland in 30. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm happy with our current DE situation. I don't know how you can blame Dorsey for cutting a guy who really hadn't done much in 2 years just because he went elsewhere and played alright.

Peppers played well in the 2nd half of the year. I've said as much. However, I'm happier to have OBJ, and I'm sure you are too.

I mentioned Calloway earlier. I said he could be a potential stud. I love that pick too.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, comical.....you prop up guys who played about as much as I did, but rip guys who got on the field and even produced.

yes, I did think Ogbah would be better than he was but as of now he's shown more than Corbett, right? Certainly Nassib looks like he should have been kept over Thomas last season, no?

And you are right...no need to say you were crying. But you do have an agenda and are not objective.
Prop up guys? As in plural? I've mentioned Corbett, and I don't know how saying he's an unknown is "propping him up".

Ogbah has been in the league for 3 years as a starter, while Corbett has been in the league for 1 year and had two pro bowlers playing ahead of him. Of course Ogbah has shown more. We'll see how Corbett looks this year when we actually have a fair way of evaluating him.

I don't have an agenda, and I'm being absolutely objective. From a quality standpoint, we've gotten as much or more from Dorsey's 9 picks in 2018 as we did from the 24 picks we got in 2016-2017.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right on Hue. He seems like he was Jimmy's guy, and that was a massive misfire. I wish Dorsey had insisted on bringing in someone else, could've been a playoff berth, but it is what it is.

You're right about Corbett. Thinking he could play LT was a big whiff. Clearly he was a guard, but it's worked out alright. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt, I'm saying he's an unknown. I've said as much. If he ends up sucking, I'll give criticism for it.

Nassib had more sacks in TB in 15 games than he did in Cleveland in 30. Hindsight is always 20/20, but I'm happy with our current DE situation. I don't know how you can blame Dorsey for cutting a guy who really hadn't done much in 2 years just because he went elsewhere and played alright.

Peppers played well in the 2nd half of the year. I've said as much. However, I'm happier to have OBJ, and I'm sure you are too.

I mentioned Calloway earlier. I said he could be a potential stud. I love that pick too.
Nassib, while not a star, was a quality backup and worthy of his draft spot. No way Dorsey dumps him if he was his pick.

I expected a huge year from Peppers but, yeah...would prefer OBJ.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prop up guys? As in plural? I've mentioned Corbett, and I don't know how saying he's an unknown is "propping him up".

Ogbah has been in the league for 3 years as a starter, while Corbett has been in the league for 1 year and had two pro bowlers playing ahead of him. Of course Ogbah has shown more. We'll see how Corbett looks this year when we actually have a fair way of evaluating him.

I don't have an agenda, and I'm being absolutely objective. From a quality standpoint, we've gotten as much or more from Dorsey's 9 picks in 2018 as we did from the 24 picks we got in 2016-2017.
OK, but #4 and 35 picks courtesy of Sashi. You'll say but Dorsey made them, but he can't make them if they don't have the picks, can he?

And I think we know 14 of those 24 were rounds 4-7. How do you think Sashi/Berry do on a team looking to ascend in 2016 (like they were in 2018) with picks 1, 4, 33 and 35 that they keep and use with no worry about the future? I am fairly certain if Dorsey were available and asked to take the job in 2016 he would not have the stomach for it. Or if he did he would have done what the other football guys did....partial rebuild and more 3-6 win seasons.

Seems like a lock they use #1 pick in Goff. I don't see them taking a RB at 4, so not sure what they do there if not allowed to trade down. Maybe Ramsey, but who knows? No Coleman, so maybe Thomas with one of those early 2s? Would think they still grab Ogbah.

All speculation, I realize.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nassib, while not a star, was a quality backup and worthy of his draft spot. No way Dorsey dumps him if he was his pick.

I expected a huge year from Peppers but, yeah...would prefer OBJ.
I won't lie, I really wish he would've grabbed Hubbard over Chad Smith, as he looks like a potential steal for years to come, and in our division no less. There's a chance Smith doesn't ever do much, we'll see. I wouldn't be shocked if we take another EDGE in the draft this year.

If Nassib was Dorsey's pick he would've kept him, I agree, but if Dorsey was here in 2016 my guess is we wouldn't have had Nassib to begin with. It's hardly rare to see a new GM cut old GM's players though, so I'm not going to beat Dorsey up for it. Again, he really wasn't very good with Cleveland in the 2 years he was here.

I'm going to be interested to see what Peppers does in NY. They lost their DB coach, who wasn't very good to be honest, but I'm wondering if Gregg Williams was just able to finally get something out of him. He could end up building on his 2018 finish, or he could just be average. We'll see. But yeah, I'm happier to have OBJ.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ogbah hasn't shown us anything. He was a bust plain and simple.
Corbett was a rookie last year and an unknown. Not even fair to compare the two players. But how is Corbett a fail at LT? He hasn't played a single down and was drafted for depth and they even said on draft night experts were saying he was more suited for OG in the league.
Nassib was just a depth player, nothing more most likely what Chad Thomas will be. Nothing special. He was a locker room guy though.

Now you are ripping Dorsey for the OBJ trade bc Peppers had one good season and OBJ is a question mark on targets??? lolzz

This is negative nancy here. The goal is to win games, it doesn't matter how you get there but in the end it is to win games. Under Sashi, nothing. Did he make some good picks? Sure he did. Dorsey is doing what he was brought here to do. But you sticking up for a guy that wasn't even here for 2 years...kind of pathetic dude. I think we can all agree he made some good picks, if that's what you are looking for we agree. Not sure why you have an agenda to rip Dorsey though bc he got rid of some of Sashi's players lol.

Kindred - has done nothing.
Duke (still on the team) - I like Duke but he is a slot WR, not a backup RB.
Ogbah - he was awful last year and that was with Garrett on the other side.
Zeitler - a very good solid reliable player. Hate to lose him but we need a replacement for Ogbah.
Peppers - cant deny he had a great season last year and a nice hybrid player but for the DC we brought in it wasn't the best fit imo. This is why I think they took an opportunity to acquire OBJ and they got a damn good deal.

Dorsey trades Kizer (Sashi's pick) for Randall.
Dorsey drafts Baker and Ward-stars. Gets some very good potential starters in Avery and Callaway. They have shown promise at least.
Dorsey gets Sheldon Richardson, acquires Vernon a trade, acquires OBJ in a trade.

Sashi helped Dorsey but MOST of the big picks and FA moves of building a contender was Dorsey.

Sashi got guys like Schobert, Njoku and hit a winner on Garrett with the #1 pick but Dorsey drafting Baker with all the doubters and 3 other QB's on the board also getting Ward when people were ripping him about that were TWO BIG WINS that won't come close to anything Sashi did.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't lie, I really wish he would've grabbed Hubbard over Chad Smith, as he looks like a potential steal for years to come, and in our division no less. There's a chance Smith doesn't ever do much, we'll see. I wouldn't be shocked if we take another EDGE in the draft this year.

If Nassib was Dorsey's pick he would've kept him, I agree, but if Dorsey was here in 2016 my guess is we wouldn't have had Nassib to begin with. It's hardly rare to see a new GM cut old GM's players though, so I'm not going to beat Dorsey up for it. Again, he really wasn't very good with Cleveland in the 2 years he was here.

I'm going to be interested to see what Peppers does in NY. They lost their DB coach, who wasn't very good to be honest, but I'm wondering if Gregg Williams was just able to finally get something out of him. He could end up building on his 2018 finish, or he could just be average. We'll see. But yeah, I'm happier to have OBJ.
I wont beat him up for it as having Nassib does not make of break us. Greggggggg finally got something out of him after misusing him in 2017. He needs to be up near the line.

what I also liked about Sashi and the boys was they didn't care about credit. They did what Farmer failed to do (which helped cost them Mack for sure and maybe Schwartz)....they signed guys well before they hit FA. Sashi gave extensions to Kirksey and Bitonio who he did not pick.

Will Dorsey do the same for Shoebert?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but #4 and 35 picks courtesy of Sashi. You'll say but Dorsey made them, but he can't make them if they don't have the picks, can he?

And I think we know 14 of those 24 were rounds 4-7. How do you think Sashi/Berry do on a team looking to ascend in 2016 (like they were in 2018) with picks 1, 4, 33 and 35 that they keep and use with no worry about the future? I am fairly certain if Dorsey were available and asked to take the job in 2016 he would not have the stomach for it. Or if he did he would have done what the other football guys did....partial rebuild and more 3-6 win seasons.

Seems like a lock they use #1 pick in Goff. I don't see them taking a RB at 4, so not sure what they do there if not allowed to trade down. Maybe Ramsey, but who knows? No Coleman, so maybe Thomas with one of those early 2s? Would think they still grab Ogbah.

All speculation, I realize.
Yes. Again, I am aware Sashi traded down for those picks. And again, if Cleveland thought he could've used those picks wisely, isn't it fair to think they would've kept Sashi? Trading down for picks is a lot easier than using the picks wisely.

It's hard to say how Sashi and Berry would've done. Hell they might have just kept trading them back down and we'd be stuck in a continuous cycle of trading draft capital over and over.

I don't see why Dorsey wouldn't have taken the job in 2016. We had 14 draft picks and were obviously better in 2015 than we were in 2017. Hard to say who Dorsey would've preferred in 2016, but with 14 picks, my guess is - with his track record - he would've gotten better quality than what we ended up with.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogbah hasn't shown us anything. He was a bust plain and simple.
Corbett was a rookie last year and an unknown. Not even fair to compare the two players. But how is Corbett a fail at LT? He hasn't played a single down and was drafted for depth and they even said on draft night experts were saying he was more suited for OG in the league.
Nassib was just a depth player, nothing more most likely what Chad Thomas will be. Nothing special. He was a locker room guy though.

Now you are ripping Dorsey for the OBJ trade bc Peppers had one good season and OBJ is a question mark on targets??? lolzz

This is negative nancy here. The goal is to win games, it doesn't matter how you get there but in the end it is to win games. Under Sashi, nothing. Did he make some good picks? Sure he did. Dorsey is doing what he was brought here to do. But you sticking up for a guy that wasn't even here for 2 years...kind of pathetic dude. I think we can all agree he made some good picks, if that's what you are looking for we agree. Not sure why you have an agenda to rip Dorsey though bc he got rid of some of Sashi's players lol.

Kindred - has done nothing.
Duke (still on the team) - I like Duke but he is a slot WR, not a backup RB.
Ogbah - he was awful last year and that was with Garrett on the other side.
Zeitler - a very good solid reliable player. Hate to lose him but we need a replacement for Ogbah.
Peppers - cant deny he had a great season last year and a nice hybrid player but for the DC we brought in it was the best fit. This is why I think they took an opportunity to acquire OBJ and they got a damn good deal.

Dorsey trades Kizer (Sashi's pick) for Randall.
Dorsey drafts Baker and Ward-stars. Gets some very good potential starters in Avery and Callaway. They have shown promise at least.
Dorsey gets Sheldon Richardson, acquires Vernon a trade, acquires OBJ in a trade.

Sashi helped Dorsey but MOST of the big picks and FA moves of building a contender was Dorsey.

Sashi got guys like Schobert, Njoku and hit a winner on Garrett with the #1 pick but Dorsey drafting Baker with all the doubters and 3 other QB's on the board also getting Ward when people were ripping him about that was TWO BIG WINS that won't come close to anything Sashi did.
Think you need to reread. I'm sure ATF will tell you I never ripped Dorsey for the OBJ trade and said while I like Peppers I'd have absolutely made the deal.

Nassib "nothing special" even though he had half a dozen sacks in TB. But you are high on Corbett who has played about as much as me?

It's funny you say Dorsey did what he was brought here to do but here's a flash....Sashi did everything he said he'd do (with Paul D).......dump the overpaid/aging vets, clear cap space and acquire as many extra high picks as possible. Did it so well Dorsey jumped at the chance to take over. Ironic, huh?

Pathetic to me is you lacking reading comprehension and your clear agenda of everything Dorsey good, Sashi bad.

I said I like Dorsey and am glad he's here. Doesn't mean I have to be a fanboy and not point out a mistake if I think he made one. I also like Sashi/Berry/Paul D and the plan they put together and stuck to despite the losses and outside noise...credit to Jimmy for letting it go on as well.

Its great you love the Ward pick. So do I......but as I keep trying to remind you without sashi acquiring the pick the NFL does not allow Dorsey to pick him.

Also pathetic because of preconceived agendas you cannot just accept that, yes, Dorsey has been great but without Sashi this team is not where they are...and likely Dorsey isn't here.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont beat him up for it as having Nassib does not make of break us. Greggggggg finally got something out of him after misusing him in 2017. He needs to be up near the line.

what I also liked about Sashi and the boys was they didn't care about credit. They did what Farmer failed to do (which helped cost them Mack for sure and maybe Schwartz)....they signed guys well before they hit FA. Sashi gave extensions to Kirksey and Bitonio who he did not pick.

Will Dorsey do the same for Shoebert?
The Bitonio signing was a great move, I'll definitely agree there, as was the Zeitler signing. Regardless of what I say about Sashi/Berry, they were still significantly better at the job than Farmer. He was a nightmare.

I can definitely see Shobert getting extended if he continues to play well. No reason at all to think he won't. He's an absolute monster.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Again, I am aware Sashi traded down for those picks. And again, if Cleveland thought he could've used those picks wisely, isn't it fair to think they would've kept Sashi? Trading down for picks is a lot easier than using the picks wisely.

It's hard to say how Sashi and Berry would've done. Hell they might have just kept trading them back down and we'd be stuck in a continuous cycle of trading draft capital over and over.

I don't see why Dorsey wouldn't have taken the job in 2016. We had 14 draft picks and were obviously better in 2015 than we were in 2017. Hard to say who Dorsey would've preferred in 2016, but with 14 picks, my guess is - with his track record - he would've gotten better quality than what we ended up with.
Keeping Sashi had nothing to do with making draft picks. do you not recall when they hired him he said the plan was find a credible GM? How he said he was not a talent evaluator? That was Berry...and he did such a poor job another team hired him as their GM.

It's funny you say how easy it is to trade down and acquire extra picks but past regimes with football guys wouldn't do it. They also wouldn't cut the dead weight. They were happy to just keep winning 3-6 games every year. How'd that work out? Would you have preferred they did that and not been able to get Garrett and Baker?

Dorsey might have taken the job but he'd have done what the other football guys would do....keep that overpaid dead weight and stayed with the 3-6 win cycle.