• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just trying to show you that starting jobs no matter where are valuable in the NFL...some are making it out to be a horrible opportunity which is ridiculous. Obviously for a guy in his prime with options he may take a better team but Bridgewater doesn't have that luxury being hurt with little starting experience of late.
Seems TB has options if Miami and NO wanted him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the plan I'll take your word for it. You're more in tune and knowledge about the Browns everyday plans than I am.
In fact......in that article after the season that ripped Haslem, I'm pretty sure some of this was mentioned.

Isn't to say they didn't make mistakes. All FOs miss.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had our share, but who hasn't...?

doubt Tyreek is going anywhere, though...
Yep...plenty bad dudes we never hear about, I'm sure, as well.

Not sure this is the case if Hill did what he's accused of but guarantee every team has a player who has done something worse than Hunt in that video.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had our share, but who hasn't...?

doubt Tyreek is going anywhere, though...

I doubt he is too but it depends on what happens with Hill. We have seen players do worse than Hunt and he was cut after being a very productive player.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he is too but it depends on what happens with Hill. We have seen players do worse than Hunt and he was cut after being a very productive player.

thing is this Hill story is roughly a week and a half old and nobody can honestly say he was responsible for his son getting his arm broken. I doubt at this point it's gonna happen, but we'll see...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A public service announcement to all of you that check for free agency news on twitter at work. do NOT replace the "i" in twitter with an "a" or expect a call from IT...:sorry:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people were skeptical when the Bengals signed Bobby Hart off the scrap heap, and he ended up starting all 16 games for them last year.

Many more people were skeptical when the Bengals signed Hart to a three-year, $21 million contract in free agency.

But Bengals vice president Tory Blackburn defended the move, or at least the move in context of the market.

“For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle?” Blackburn said. “Who? Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize. In our business you have to solve the problem. If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at 17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really? We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist [in free agency].

“You have to deal in the universe of options you have. We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average. Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. . . . There aren’t perfect options out there. We asked Willie Anderson if he could go to a time machine and come back at age 25. We’d love to sign him, but you have to deal in your universe of options. I think the data would say we signed more guys than most in line with the cap that we talked about. If there are surprises out there we’ll try to be flexible and aggressive, but normally there are no surprises out there.”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people were skeptical when the Bengals signed Bobby Hart off the scrap heap, and he ended up starting all 16 games for them last year.

Many more people were skeptical when the Bengals signed Hart to a three-year, $21 million contract in free agency.

But Bengals vice president Tory Blackburn defended the move, or at least the move in context of the market.

“For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle?” Blackburn said. “Who? Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize. In our business you have to solve the problem. If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at 17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really? We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist [in free agency].

“You have to deal in the universe of options you have. We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average. Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. . . . There aren’t perfect options out there. We asked Willie Anderson if he could go to a time machine and come back at age 25. We’d love to sign him, but you have to deal in your universe of options. I think the data would say we signed more guys than most in line with the cap that we talked about. If there are surprises out there we’ll try to be flexible and aggressive, but normally there are no surprises out there.”
TL;DR - Who the hell do you think is gonna play here?? We suck and no free agents want to come here!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean they will move on from DLaw if he is asking too much or they just needed another pass rusher?
Nothing to do with D Law. They do need another pass rusher with Gregory out, Irving gone and Taco playing like an actual taco. But if Lawrence wants $23M plus he's probably going to be gone via trade regardless of Quinn deal. Quinn seems just a supplemental guy at this point and better with a top guy across the line from him I'd guess as compared to getting more of the attention himself