• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals organization is at fault here 100%. Poor way of handling this.
Not a good look, but not sure what they should have done. If there is a QB they like better, ya gotta take him. And to keep Rosen's value high, doesn't make sense to say he's not in their plans.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said I was trolling at the mere suggestion that he would be better/go ahead of Haskins. So my angle is I'm giving you shit for it.

And you said it.
That silly loser can't admit he was totally wrong and that the way he watches the game and evaluates QB prospects is terrible.:suds:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I actually didn't. I said you were trolling for saying he was a better prospect, and universally everyone but you, eaglesnut, and Dave Gettleman agree.
All the good teams that don't need QBs agree too. You are a clown and you watch college football like a dumb fan, not a keen observer.:pound:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really didn't. Nothing you've ever posted has made sense. Jones was universally a lower ranked prospect but Gettleman is a verified idiot. It's fine, Haskins wound up in a much better situation.
"universally lower ranked" by whom? Guys who don't run drafts?

I happen to agree Haskins might be better but can't say I've seen Jones play more than a game or 2.

Gettleman does seem like a dufus, but not sure I would ever say a team owned by Daniel snyder could be a much better situation...other than being near his home.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the good teams that don't need QBs agree too. You are a clown and you watch college football like a dumb fan, not a keen observer.:pound:
This, like most of your posts, makes absolutely no sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Washington LOVED Haskins. I don't think it matters what happens with Alex Smith imo he is 34 and coming off a major injury. Either way the value Washingon got with that pick was great, then they also traded up for Sweat. Great draft so far for them.
They might have, but be real here. First, nearly all teams say they LOVED their pick. Second, if they loved him that much do they really wait at 15 and hope he makes it there?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good look, but not sure what they should have done. If there is a QB they like better, ya gotta take him. And to keep Rosen's value high, doesn't make sense to say he's not in their plans.

Well what you don't say is Rosen is our guy and we stick by him. Of course you take the guy you like more but the way they did it doesn't look good.
Only get a 2nd or 3rd for a guy you trading up in the 1st to get also a loss.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have, but be real here. First, nearly all teams say they LOVED their pick. Second, if they loved him that much do they really wait at 15 and hope he makes it there?
Exactly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said before, they might have traded up if they needed to but most teams didn't need QB's or were going with veterans. Right now we don't know but I'm sure they were talking to teams and gauging their interests including the Giants.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"universally lower ranked" by whom? Guys who don't run drafts?

I happen to agree Haskins might be better but can't say I've seen Jones play more than a game or 2.

Gettleman does seem like a dufus, but not sure I would ever say a team owned by Daniel snyder could be a much better situation...other than being near his home.
None of us have team draft boards in front of us, but I can't find anywhere else that had Jones as a better prospect.

I've actually been bullish on the Redskins for a couple of months on here. They were 7-9 last year, but they were 6-3 when Alex Smith got hurt and lost 6 of their last 7. They also were ravaged with injuries on the OL. My guess is they focus on the OL and skill positions for the rest of the draft. I don't think they'll win the division next year, or even make the playoffs, but they're still not the dumpster fire New York is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see why you struggle.

Good luck.
Show me the draft boards for the teams that didn't take a QB then, since that is what that comment would entirely depend upon.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what you don't say is Rosen is our guy and we stick by him. Of course you take the guy you like more but the way they did it doesn't look good.
Only get a 2nd or 3rd for a guy you trading up in the 1st to get also a loss.
Of course it's a loss, but that is on what they did last year. Not now. I'd say good for them for cutting their losses as opposed to what some teams would do and keep the guy so as not to look foolish....and make things worse.

Now if they miss on Murray? Yikes. People will be getting fired.

But, seriously, if asked if Rosen is their guy what should they say "Nah..we're moving on. He's not that good."

"OK..whose got an offer?"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, they might have traded up if they needed to but most teams didn't need QB's or were going with veterans. Right now we don't know but I'm sure they were talking to teams and gauging their interests including the Giants.
Miami doesn't need a QB if a stud was sitting there? I get Elway's a dunderhead when it comes to QB but how long can Flacco play? Cinci?

Look, I'm with you that I thought Haskins would be better but we as fans don't know. Guys who are paid a ton of money miss on QBs all the time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us have team draft boards in front of us, but I can't find anywhere else that had Jones as a better prospect.

I've actually been bullish on the Redskins for a couple of months on here. They were 7-9 last year, but they were 6-3 when Alex Smith got hurt and lost 6 of their last 7. They also were ravaged with injuries on the OL. My guess is they focus on the OL and skill positions for the rest of the draft. I don't think they'll win the division next year, or even make the playoffs, but they're still not the dumpster fire New York is.
And you nailed it with your first comment. "We don't have draft boards" All we have are mock drafts from guys who don't run real drafts and are guessing what the big boys are going to do.

Is it possible the mockers are the ones who had it wrong?

I saw a ton of mocks with Greedy williams going in middle of round 1 but still no one took him. Even saw browns fans (when we had our pick) say they want him and we should move UP to get him in round 1.

Are the mockers smarter than EVERY team with a pick who passed on him?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami doesn't need a QB if a stud was sitting there? I get Elway's a dunderhead when it comes to QB but how long can Flacco play? Cinci?

Look, I'm with you that I thought Haskins would be better but we as fans don't know. Guys who are paid a ton of money miss on QBs all the time.
I think Miami passed because they're going to be acquiring Rosen today. There was a lot of talk about it last night before the draft, but it didn't come to fruition because Arizona's GM is a moron. Miami will likely get him for much less of an investment than they needed to make to get Haskins.

I don't think Cincy views Dalton as being done. He just turned 31, and before last year he had been very durable for his entire career. As hard as it is to believe, Cincinnati was 5-3 in the first half of the season last year with wins over 2 playoff teams, and Dalton was playing pretty well. My guess is they saw the need for OL help (27th ranked OL in the NFL last year), and they still have Dalton under contract for two more years.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you nailed it with your first comment. "We don't have draft boards" All we have are mock drafts from guys who don't run real drafts and are guessing what the big boys are going to do.

I saw a ton of mocks with Greedy williams going in middle of round 1 but still no one took him. Even saw browns fans (when we had our pick) say they want him and we should move UP to get him in round 1.

I wasn't actually talking about just the mock drafts. I was also talking about the analysts who rate these guys. Of course it isn't an exact science by any means, and they've been wrong plenty of times, but it's just really hard to validate Jones over Haskins objectively. Literally, the only thing he has over him is athleticism.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami passed because they're going to be acquiring Rosen today. There was a lot of talk about it last night before the draft, but it didn't come to fruition because Arizona's GM is a moron. Miami will likely get him for much less of an investment than they needed to make to get Haskins.

I don't think Cincy views Dalton as being done. He just turned 31, and before last year he had been very durable for his entire career. As hard as it is to believe, Cincinnati was 5-3 in the first half of the season last year with wins over 2 playoff teams, and Dalton was playing pretty well. My guess is they saw the need for OL help (27th ranked OL in the NFL last year), and they still have Dalton under contract for two more years.
OK, so Miami does need a QB. You think they passed on a good one because they MIGHT be getting one in trade. And if they don't get Rosen and passed on a good one you will blame Arzona and not Miami?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see this happen in every draft. Teams went OL, DL and LB's. CB's and WR's dropped most likely bc the class doesn't necessarily have an elite CB or WR prospect but also because overall the class is so deep for those positions. Teams that needed CB's thought other positions were a bigger need and they could wait to get a CB late, makes sense. Nobody is always right or even close, even GM's (other than Dorsey of course lol). Dude hit all his 1st rounders.