• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't actually talking about just the mock drafts. I was also talking about the analysts who rate these guys. Of course it isn't an exact science by any means, and they've been wrong plenty of times, but it's just really hard to validate Jones over Haskins objectively. Literally, the only thing he has over him is athleticism.
Hard to know everything unless you are seeing their film, isn't it, and most important, talking to them while watching film and seeing what they see?

You don't think having NFL caliber WRs and playing behind an NFL caliber line helped Haskins?

Hey, I'm with you, I was surprised. And what analysts are we talking about? which ones are so much different than the mockers?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By which month will you know you're wrong?

February?

Earlier?

December?

November?
:lol:

I think Eli is pretty overrated but nobody can deny he had a pretty good year last year, you probably won't know since you don't watch much football.

4300 66% 21 and 11. That is one of his better seasons and pretty damn good at his age. The Giants don't seem to be in any rush getting rid of Eli and he doesn't seem in any rush to retire.

I mean if you could just figure this stuff out by yourself I wouldn't have to explain it to you, Nut. But you could learn, I just don't have the patience to teach you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see this happen in every draft. Teams went OL, DL and LB's. CB's and WR's dropped most likely bc the class doesn't necessarily have an elite CB or WR prospect but also because overall the class is so deep for those positions. Teams that needed CB's thought other positions were a bigger need and they could wait to get a CB late, makes sense. Nobody is always right or even close, even GM's (other than Dorsey of course lol). Dude hit all his 1st rounders.
was gonna let it go, but have to be a little worried about Dorsey. Still glad he's here, but so far seems other than players he took risks on his success was minimal in KC. And looks like all 3 - Peters, Hunt and Hill - will be gone soon. Callaway was just drugs, right, not anything related to DV?

did he hit on 1 and 4? sure, but thinking even if you don't think sashi and the boys would have, most GMs would have taken studs with those picks.

Now we need to see what he can do when he doesn't have a ton of picks near the top and the cap space is dried up. It starts tonight!!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Eli is pretty overrated but nobody can deny he had a pretty good year last year, you probably won't know since you don't watch much football.

4300 66% 21 and 11. That is one of his better seasons and pretty damn good at his age. The Giants don't seem to be in any rush getting rid of Eli and he doesn't seem in any rush to retire.

I mean if you could just figure this stuff out by yourself I wouldn't have to explain it to you, Nut. But you could learn, I just don't have the patience to teach you.

The Giants are tending toward being a running team. It may take 3 years to make the move total. The needed a game manager to develope.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing you can almost always bank on, they likely won’t take the player a majority of the fans want, or think is most worthy of that pick. If he takes a guy many mocks had going higher, it will be a perceived steal, and if he takes a guy many mocks had going lower, it will be viewed as a reach. The reality is none of that is true, teams simply don’t evaluate players according to projections, and the casual fan really doesn’t know that much about these guys other than what is said or written

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing you can almost always bank on, they likely won’t take the player a majority of the fans want, or think is most worthy of that pick. If he takes a guy many mocks had going higher, it will be a perceived steal, and if he takes a guy many mocks had going lower, it will be viewed as a reach. The reality is none of that is true, teams simply don’t evaluate players according to projections, and the casual fan really doesn’t know that much about these guys other than what is said or written

Agree. The one thing we as even more than casual fans don't factor in is draft boards especially 1st rounders are based on multiyear needs not just next year. It's the best expalnation for the Packers taking Gary and I'm sticking with it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are tending toward being a running team. It may take 3 years to make the move total. The needed a game manager to develope.

Yeah exactly, build around Barkley and that OL. Probably a good thing for Eli bc he cant carry an offense anyway.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lot of high end talent is still available in the 2nd round. G/T and/or S for SF please.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The one thing we as even more than casual fans don't factor in is draft boards especially 1st rounders are based on multiyear needs not just next year. It's the best expalnation for the Packers taking Gary and I'm sticking with it.
Exactly!! Especially when it comes to just a draft ranking or a "big board". They don't factor who might be picking or specific team needs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so Miami does need a QB. You think they passed on a good one because they MIGHT be getting one in trade. And if they don't get Rosen and passed on a good one you will blame Arzona and not Miami?
Dude, I have no idea. I'm not in the Dolphins' war room. I'm just going off of what I've heard. To be honest, I don't know that Miami was ever really in on Haskins to begin with.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to know everything unless you are seeing their film, isn't it, and most important, talking to them while watching film and seeing what they see?

You don't think having NFL caliber WRs and playing behind an NFL caliber line helped Haskins?

Hey, I'm with you, I was surprised. And what analysts are we talking about? which ones are so much different than the mockers?
I'm sure it did help him, but the consensus around Haskins' ability to break down film and talk X's and O's was also positive. Him playing with NFL WRs helped him, of course, but that's not a knock on him. I'd only take that into account if he was putting up pedestrian numbers, which he obviously didn't do.

Honestly, type in any ranking of QB prospects and just look at all the responses on google. I haven't found one that says Jones was a better prospect.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I have no idea. I'm not in the Dolphins' war room. I'm just going off of what I've heard. To be honest, I don't know that Miami was ever really in on Haskins to begin with.
Exactly!! we don't have the first clue. You think guys in their war room are telling so-called insiders about trade proposals made and offered?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it did help him, but the consensus around Haskins' ability to break down film and talk X's and O's was also positive. Him playing with NFL WRs helped him, of course, but that's not a knock on him. I'd only take that into account if he was putting up pedestrian numbers, which he obviously didn't do.

Honestly, type in any ranking of QB prospects and just look at all the responses on google. I haven't found one that says Jones was a better prospect.
OK..but how many responses do you get that came out of the mouth of an actual NFL GM.

You've seen Dorsey at work. They don't tell anyone anything.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I actually didn't. I said you were trolling for saying he was a better prospect, and universally everyone but you, eaglesnut, and Dave Gettleman agree.

Yeah that's why it's a shame Jones didn't have the opportunity to get passed by 3 teams needing a QB.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. Denver would've been the only team that would've picked him imo and Elway seems like he is fine rolling with veterans at QB every year.

Denver may have but they obviously didn't take him at 10 when they could have.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!! we don't have the first clue. You think guys in their war room are telling so-called insiders about trade proposals made and offered?

OK..but how many responses do you get that came out of the mouth of an actual NFL GM.

You've seen Dorsey at work. They don't tell anyone anything.
No doubt, but this is the case every year. No GM is tipping their cap, so you go off of what you have. However, it's also hard to say GMs always make the right call. We've seen countless examples of much better QBs getting taken behind horrible ones.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's why it's a shame Jones didn't have the opportunity to get passed by 3 teams needing a QB.
So you admit I never said you were trolling for saying he could get taken before Haskins then?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you admit I never said you were trolling for saying he could get taken before Haskins then?

I think he's a better prospect, therefore, I obviously thought he should get picked higher. Kinda goes hand and hand to me. Maybe we just disagree there.