• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree. A QB puts you over the top, but 1st you have to get near the top. We have different approaches is all. I'd build a defense first.
I'm not even saying it cannot work out this way. If you have a good team and then get the QB (like seattle, for instance) great. Only area we differ is I think there is zero chance a team passes on a QB they love because they don't think they can win yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also drafted by the team in the NFL that was #1 in QB need, too, so its not a great look for Haskins. If he was a top tier prospect, someone would've traded in front of Washington.

This is the most risk-averse draft I've ever seen, though. I think Rosen tanked Haskins and Locks QB value which was probably already shaky to begin with.

Hard to say, at this point just bc teams pass on QB's doesn't really say much. I have said Haskins is a project QB, so if a team starts him on day 1 I don't think it is good. If sits for 2 years I think he can grow a lot and turn into the best QB in this draft, I think Lock can be the 2nd best if does the same.

Daniel Jones just seems like a pick that was influenced bc of the past (relationship between Cutcliffe, Jones, the Mannings). It is good he has worked with the Mannings, but he either has it or he doesn't. I think Haskins has way more potential than Jones.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say, at this point just bc teams pass on QB's doesn't really say much. I have said Haskins is a project QB, so if a team starts him on day 1 I don't think it is good. If sits for 2 years I think he can grow a lot and turn into the best QB in this draft, I think Lock can be the 2nd best if does the same.

Daniel Jones just seems like a pick that was influenced bc of the past (relationship between Cutcliffe, Jones, the Mannings). It is good he has worked with the Mannings, but he either has it or he doesn't. I think Haskins has way more potential than Jones.
I think what we're seeing with this year's draft in particular is that all of the projects are getting pushed back. I think the teams see rookie contracts are major values and they are just getting the most pro ready guys and letting other teams develop players.

Arizona and Tennessee seem to be outliers but both teams might not be in 'win now' mode.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we're seeing with this year's draft in particular is that all of the projects are getting pushed back. I think the teams see rookie contracts are major values and they are just getting the most pro ready guys and letting other teams develop players.

Arizona and Tennessee seem to be outliers but both teams might not be in 'win now' mode.

Yeah I agree. Tennessee took Simmons, honestly a good pick, but it doesn't make sense unless they are going into a rebuild. Arizona I have no clue what they are doing after taking a QB again. Best case scenario for them is they get a 2nd for Rosen and just try to go BPA but specifically OL. They just have so many needs but it needs to start with OL. Still got Ford and Taylor OTB (the Taylor knee issue must be pretty serious).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you - Dave Gettleman

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying it cannot work out this way. If you have a good team and then get the QB (like seattle, for instance) great. Only area we differ is I think there is zero chance a team passes on a QB they love because they don't think they can win yet.

Even with Seattle, Wilson was a 3nd round pick I believe.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be right, and while I somewhat disagree with your comments on Haskins there is merit to them as well. Have always been leery about taking QBs in the 10-25 range of round 1 because, as you say, if they were all that someone would have taken them.

Guess we'll see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be right, and while I somewhat disagree with your comments on Haskins there is merit to them as well. Have always been leery about taking QBs in the 10-25 range of round 1 because, as you say, if they were all that someone would have taken them.

Guess we'll see.

Yeah but honestly if the Giants had a better GM they would have picked Haskins. There was really no good reason why Haskins wasn't picked at 6. Even Gettleman can't answer that question, looks like lol. I think if Washington had to they would have traded into the top 10 to get Haskins though, they just got a gift.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was politics, people would be convinced that Gettleman worked for Russia and was secretly trying to take the Giants down.

He is not making any friends in NY with this offseason

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why it made sense to pick him with their later pick or trade up into the 1st to get. They could have Josh Allen who would have made an impact right now lol.
Josh Allen will get pushed around in this league for as long as Jones is on the bench. He needs some man strength.

And they still got their Dline immediate help at 17. If they wanted that kind of size Lawrence was definitely the guy to take.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen will get pushed around in this league for as long as Jones is on the bench. He needs some man strength.

And they still got their Dline immediate help at 17. If they wanted that kind of size Lawrence was definitely the guy to take.

Doesn't matter if it was Josh Allen or the best defensive player on the board or even BPA, really isn't the point. The point is Jones was a huge reach.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was politics, people would be convinced that Gettleman worked for Russia and was secretly trying to take the Giants down.

He is not making any friends in NY with this offseason
Got rid of a clown WR, got a QB, got some Dline girth, got the top corner.

What's wrong with that?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a shock the drunk Keim is a shitty decision maker. Color me surprised