• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Draft Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That's why we need more QB madness, to push the real value down.
The issue is that there isnt a ton of real value at the top imo. You probably also need things like DK Metcalf hype and Jonah Williams hype.

If I was doing a mock draft, Hock would go to Buffalo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hock would be huge for Buffalo. But that makes sense, so it probably won't happen. They just tossed like $20m at Tyler Kroft for some reason.

The Bills only have 1.6m in dead cap tied to Kroft after the first year, so he's basically just a placeholder if he doesn't excel.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing? By what metric?

Inaccuccurate in college, inaccurate in pros.

Accuracy doesn’t really improve. Find a qb whose accuracy greatly improved from college to pros, find three

High accuracy passers are at least partially due to scheme. QBs who repeatedly throw deep will have lower percentages by default compared to dink and dunk guys like Bradford and West Coast offenses in general. Having some real targets to throw to will certainly help, but there is room for improvement there as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High accuracy passers are at least partially due to scheme. QBs who repeatedly throw deep will have lower percentages by default compared to dink and dunk guys like Bradford and West Coast offenses in general. Having some real targets to throw to will certainly help, but there is room for improvement there as well.
I think this is a stretch. Many inaccurate passers have no trouble hitting dirt on short passes, too. Granted, I say this after watching Kizer for a season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a stretch. Many inaccurate passers have no trouble hitting dirt on short passes, too. Granted, I say this after watching Kizer for a season.

Sure. However, many seem to think Rosen is a solid trade option, and he was only marginally higher in completion percentage compared to Allen, and he had Fitz to throw to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. However, many seem to think Rosen is a solid trade option, and he was only marginally higher in completion percentage compared to Allen, and he had Fitz to throw to.
I don't think he was great, but Rosen was at least somewhat accurate in college. Better than Allen who played at Wyoming.

That said, I'm not so sure Rosen is better than allen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent yes. If ur gonna turn his cannon arm into rb dump offs then yeah he’ll be better. Otherwise I see no argument. He’s not accurate period. He actually is more accurate deep.........

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent yes. If ur gonna turn his cannon arm into rb dump offs then yeah he’ll be better. Otherwise I see no argument. He’s not accurate period. He actually is more accurate deep.........

Better line play, better wr play, and better understanding of the offense can only help in year two. Do you really think he won't be improved this year?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better line play, better wr play, and better understanding of the offense can only help in year two. Do you really think he won't be improved this year?
Here's the problem though: His turnover-worthy play rate from a clean pocket (4.35) was the worst in the NFL, and his overall turnover-worthy play rate (4.69%) was third-worst.

The guy completed 52% of his passes, lowest in the NFL among starters, and he had the lowest QBR of any starter in the league other than Rosen. If he can't get to 60% soon (he only did this in two games all of last year) and jump his QBR up, the Bills will be drafting another QB in a couple years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was the excuse in college? Again gimme three inaccurate colllege qbs who became accurate pros.....

Sure he can improve, it would be hard not too. His passing was atrocious , an improvement puts him in the awful to very bad category.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In college, Einstein.:L

Comparing college careers of two totally different style QB's is really dumb even for you. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Akili Smith had the same amount of time starting, so that means Dwayne Haskins is exactly the same in your eyes.

They're nowhere near similar guys. You know nothing of what you're talking about. That or you're just the kind of guy that lumps players of the same race together like that.
One year college QBs are rarely successful.

You should pay attention so you notice patterns like that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year college QBs are rarely successful.

You should pay attention so you notice patterns like that.
So, again, you are pointing out one thing they have in common. Other than that and being black, they're nothing alike. Your comparison was absolutely horrible.

Reactions: gob

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing college careers of two totally different style QB's is really dumb even for you. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about
You tried to claim akili was a runner and Haskins wasn't. That was your main claim and it still sounds like you are sticking with it.

82 rushes to 79 rushes.

Be less clueless.

One year college QBs are trash.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, again, you are pointing out one thing they have in common. Other than that and being black, they're nothing alike. Your comparison was absolutely horrible.
I also educated you about both of their college friendly offenses.